RemedySpot.com

Re: Update on jonas, got appointment on 1/21/09 with Dr Rubery, got a question...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have never heard of them turning away a child because they are two. Our son is casted at Rochester and he will be three the beginning of March. I wouldn't think that would be a concern. Our doc said he would cast up toage four.

Jill

Subject: Update on jonas, got appointment on 1/21/09 with Dr Rubery, got a question...To: infantile_scoliosis Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 10:52 AM

Hello everyone,Just got off the phone w/Kim at Dr Rubery's office in Rochester. He has an appointment for 1/21/09 to be seen an if all goes well, will be casted on 1/22/09. My question to everyone is they said theres a chance he may not qualify because of his age (he will be 2 on 1/12/09). Was wondering if anyone else here had the 1st casting done at this age or older. My family and I are all praying that he'll qualify, and would appreciate anyone else's prayers on this. Would really appreciate any feedback on 1st casting regarding age and any other qualifying factors. Thanks in advance and may god bless all our precious children here in this group and all children in the world.Will

Hi Will,Our daughter received her 1st cast at 25 months, 1 month to the day of her 2nd birthday. We are seen at Shriner SLC and Keira is in her 3rd cast. Keria has 3 curves, with the main curve measuring at 78* and significant rotation when we started. Her upper and lower curves are almost straight and her main curve is 48*, but her rotation is greatly improved. While we did miss the prime 'rapid growth' period, and Keira might need surgery in the future, we have bought several years of time before we cross that road.If you are turned down at Rochester I would seek out another hospital/surgeon who is willing to give it a try.Liz Subject: Update on jonas, got appointment on 1/21/09 with Dr Rubery, got a question...To: infantile_scoliosis Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 7:52 AM

Hello everyone,

Just got off the phone w/Kim at Dr Rubery's office in Rochester. He

has an appointment for 1/21/09 to be seen an if all goes well, will be

casted on 1/22/09. My question to everyone is they said theres a

chance he may not qualify because of his age (he will be 2 on

1/12/09). Was wondering if anyone else here had the 1st casting done

at this age or older. My family and I are all praying that he'll

qualify, and would appreciate anyone else's prayers on this. Would

really appreciate any feedback on 1st casting regarding age and any

other qualifying factors. Thanks in advance and may god bless all our

precious children here in this group and all children in the world.

Will

Hi ,

2 is still a great age for casting and should not be a factor.... We also go to Rochester and it is an outstanding facility... Feel free to e-mail me if you have specific questions about Rochester. You will be in great hands there! Hugs to your family... I know this is a lot to deal with, but it does get easier.... Steph

Subject: Update on jonas, got appointment on 1/21/09 with Dr Rubery, got a question...To: infantile_scoliosis Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 3:52 PM

Hello everyone,Just got off the phone w/Kim at Dr Rubery's office in Rochester. He has an appointment for 1/21/09 to be seen an if all goes well, will be casted on 1/22/09. My question to everyone is they said theres a chance he may not qualify because of his age (he will be 2 on 1/12/09). Was wondering if anyone else here had the 1st casting done at this age or older. My family and I are all praying that he'll qualify, and would appreciate anyone else's prayers on this. Would really appreciate any feedback on 1st casting regarding age and any other qualifying factors. Thanks in advance and may god bless all our precious children here in this group and all children in the world.Will