RemedySpot.com

Re: Odd NYC Bill Introduced

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Steve, The keyword might be "atmospheric". Wei Tang QLabAirwaysEnv@... wrote: If you use a continuous radon monitor or PID in NYC, you may want to keep track of and comment on this bill....http://webdocs.nyccouncil.info/textfiles/Int%200650-2007.htmIt shall be unlawful for any person to possess and/or deploy an atmospheric biological, chemical or radiological detector in New York City unless such person holds a valid permit therefor, provided that the commissioner may exclude by rule any atmospheric biological, chemical and radiological detector which shall not require such permit. This section shall not apply to atmospheric biological, chemical and radiological detectors possessed and/or deployed by the department of health and mental hygiene or the fire department of the city of New York. Steve Temes(Who's terrorizing who?) Wei Tang, Ph.D. Lab Director QLab5 DriveCherry Hill, NJ 08003www.QLabUSA.com

Greetings,

I have had the opportunity to present testimony to NYC Council on this bill last week. I was humbled by the combined wisdom and experience of the over a dozen other experts that presented opposition.

Unfortunatly, this bill is VERY likely to be pushed through in either this or a similar format. There are political motivations behind it and the Council is being lead by untrained individuals who are presenting a good amount of misinformation. I must say that if I were on the counceil and was given the information they were provided by their PD, I would also be supportive. Unfortunalty, the scinec and real world uses of the equipment is not seeming to be absorbed as efficiently as the generic threats of terroristic threats and hysteria.

Myself, The AIHA, Dr. Caravanos and his fellow faculty at Hunter, Manufacturers, Toxic Tort attorneys, NYCOSH, NIOSH, and several other groups are aggressivly addressing this issue.

Please take the time to look at the bill. We will need an overwhelming voice in order to ensure proper logic is applied to this decision. The introduction states a puprpose that is admirable, however the requirements will not address this pupose and will hinder rather than enhance Public Safety.

Frrl free to contact me if you are looking for more info on this.

Jack

B. Glass, Jr, MS, CIH, CSP, QEP, CPEA

Senior Vice President

The Hillmann Group

1600 Route 22 East

Union, New Jersey 07083

-Fax

jglass@...

www.hillmanngroup.com

I agree with . We (Mt Sinai) testified as well, but there were surprisingly few organizations testifying.

My understanding is that the initiative comes from Homeland Security and the plan is for this to be a national model.

One porposal is to change "atmospheric" monitoring to "weapons" monitoring, for a start.

Re: Odd NYC Bill Introduced

Greetings,

I have had the opportunity to present testimony to NYC Council on this bill last week. I was humbled by the combined wisdom and experience of the over a dozen other experts that presented opposition.

Unfortunatly, this bill is VERY likely to be pushed through in either this or a similar format. There are political motivations behind it and the Council is being lead by untrained individuals who are presenting a good amount of misinformation. I must say that if I were on the counceil and was given the information they were provided by their PD, I would also be supportive. Unfortunalty, the scinec and real world uses of the equipment is not seeming to be absorbed as efficiently as the generic threats of terroristic threats and hysteria.

Myself, The AIHA, Dr. Caravanos and his fellow faculty at Hunter, Manufacturers, Toxic Tort attorneys, NYCOSH, NIOSH, and several other groups are aggressivly addressing this issue.

Please take the time to look at the bill. We will need an overwhelming voice in order to ensure proper logic is applied to this decision. The introduction states a puprpose that is admirable, however the requirements will not address this pupose and will hinder rather than enhance Public Safety.

Frrl free to contact me if you are looking for more info on this.

Jack

B. Glass, Jr, MS, CIH, CSP, QEP, CPEA

Senior Vice President

The Hillmann Group

1600 Route 22 East

Union, New Jersey 07083

-Fax

jglasshillmanngroup

www.hillmanngroup.com