RemedySpot.com

Re: Newbie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome to the group!! Yes, you are not alone anymore!!!

pia

To: Soundsensitivity From: aimeemca@...Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:36:54 +0000Subject: Newbie

Hello,I really empathize withsome of you on the anger subject. I have, for about 10 years (I'm 25now), gotten really enraged at certain noises. The most enraginginclude people whistling, crunching chips and popcorn and other hard,dry foods, people that eat nuts or something else and clean theirteeth of the debris with their tongues, slurping of coffee, someonepicking or ripping off their fingernails, someone popping chewing gumbubbles inside their mouths, foghorns, jazz music, and the list goeson.... At first I thought I couldn't tolerate rude behavior but thenrealized it was something more since internally I felt some of thesesounds, like everyday whistling, seemed to "hurt" my ears. This issad for me since my husband loves to whistle. I can't stand going toa movie theater and sitting next to someone eating popcorn thatdoesn't close their mouth. I totally lose track of the movie andmight as well leave as money wasted instead of getting angry at theunsuspecting party causing my discomfort. I found this site,ironically, by accident when googling "annoyed by chewing noises"when a coworker was about to make me jump out of my skin with hereating habits. Then of course the information I found led me here. Ialso want to mention I thought I was crazy about the "ringing in theears" thing I had. I kept thinking it was office equipment but at theend of the day when I got home I could still hear it. I absolutelycannot sleep without a loud fan or air purifier that makes a constantsound. I HATE cricket noises in the summer and sometimes my neighboracross the street plays music at night and I can hear the bassdrumming in my brain. Nevermind the actual music part of it which mybrain seems to block out. >Sigh< At last, people who understand me!Thanks!Aimee i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a difference. Learn more

Aimee, Now you know it's not you being a bad tempered, intolerant person, it's a condition and there are many things that we have found to help, good luck and welcome to the group. Best wishes DianneAimee wrote: Hello,I really empathize withsome of you on the anger subject. I have, for about 10 years (I'm 25now), gotten really enraged at certain noises. The most enraginginclude people whistling, crunching chips and

popcorn and other hard,dry foods, people that eat nuts or something else and clean theirteeth of the debris with their tongues, slurping of coffee, someonepicking or ripping off their fingernails, someone popping chewing gumbubbles inside their mouths, foghorns, jazz music, and the list goeson.... At first I thought I couldn't tolerate rude behavior but thenrealized it was something more since internally I felt some of thesesounds, like everyday whistling, seemed to "hurt" my ears. This issad for me since my husband loves to whistle. I can't stand going toa movie theater and sitting next to someone eating popcorn thatdoesn't close their mouth. I totally lose track of the movie andmight as well leave as money wasted instead of getting angry at theunsuspecting party causing my discomfort. I found this site,ironically, by accident when googling "annoyed by chewing noises"when a coworker was about to make me jump out of

my skin with hereating habits. Then of course the information I found led me here. Ialso want to mention I thought I was crazy about the "ringing in theears" thing I had. I kept thinking it was office equipment but at theend of the day when I got home I could still hear it. I absolutelycannot sleep without a loud fan or air purifier that makes a constantsound. I HATE cricket noises in the summer and sometimes my neighboracross the street plays music at night and I can hear the bassdrumming in my brain. Nevermind the actual music part of it which mybrain seems to block out. >Sigh< At last, people who understand me!Thanks!Aimee

I think if it were just me being intolerant and bad tempered I would

not feel the need to run away if it were appropriate or get the

feeling I need to vomit from how my body feels when I hear such

things. I also find it strange that sometimes when my tinnitus is

really bad I can tilt my head to one side and it almost relieves the

level of sound from the ringing.

> Hello,

>

> I really empathize with

> some of you on the anger subject. I have, for about 10 years (I'm 25

> now), gotten really enraged at certain noises. The most enraging

> include people whistling, crunching chips and popcorn and other

hard,

> dry foods, people that eat nuts or something else and clean their

> teeth of the debris with their tongues, slurping of coffee, someone

> picking or ripping off their fingernails, someone popping chewing

gum

> bubbles inside their mouths, foghorns, jazz music, and the list goes

> on.... At first I thought I couldn't tolerate rude behavior but then

> realized it was something more since internally I felt some of these

> sounds, like everyday whistling, seemed to " hurt " my ears. This is

> sad for me since my husband loves to whistle. I can't stand going to

> a movie theater and sitting next to someone eating popcorn that

> doesn't close their mouth. I totally lose track of the movie and

> might as well leave as money wasted instead of getting angry at the

> unsuspecting party causing my discomfort. I found this site,

> ironically, by accident when googling " annoyed by chewing noises "

> when a coworker was about to make me jump out of my skin with her

> eating habits. Then of course the information I found led me here. I

> also want to mention I thought I was crazy about the " ringing in the

> ears " thing I had. I kept thinking it was office equipment but at

the

> end of the day when I got home I could still hear it. I absolutely

> cannot sleep without a loud fan or air purifier that makes a

constant

> sound. I HATE cricket noises in the summer and sometimes my neighbor

> across the street plays music at night and I can hear the bass

> drumming in my brain. Nevermind the actual music part of it which my

> brain seems to block out. >Sigh< At last, people who understand me!

> Thanks!

> Aimee

>

Aimee, Glad to see you found our sanctuary...You sound just like me. All the sounds you mention are sounds I just can't stand. My problem started when I was around 35 and at the same time I was diagnosed with MS. That was 10 years ago. I wonder if MS and the 4S's problem are related (lets hope not). The reason I ask is because I know 4 other people with MS who also have the 4S problem. The weird thing is that I do very well with my MS. You wouldn't even know I have it. I do better than most people who don't have MS. It's just this $$@%# noise problem that just kills me. Aimee wrote: Hello,I really empathize withsome of you on the anger subject. I have, for about 10 years (I'm 25now), gotten really enraged at certain noises. The most enraginginclude people whistling, crunching chips and popcorn and other hard,dry foods, people that eat nuts or something else and clean theirteeth of the debris with their tongues, slurping of coffee, someonepicking or ripping off their fingernails, someone popping chewing gumbubbles inside their mouths, foghorns, jazz music, and the list goeson.... At first I thought I couldn't tolerate rude behavior but thenrealized it was something more since internally I felt some of thesesounds, like everyday whistling, seemed to "hurt" my ears.

This issad for me since my husband loves to whistle. I can't stand going toa movie theater and sitting next to someone eating popcorn thatdoesn't close their mouth. I totally lose track of the movie andmight as well leave as money wasted instead of getting angry at theunsuspecting party causing my discomfort. I found this site,ironically, by accident when googling "annoyed by chewing noises"when a coworker was about to make me jump out of my skin with hereating habits. Then of course the information I found led me here. Ialso want to mention I thought I was crazy about the "ringing in theears" thing I had. I kept thinking it was office equipment but at theend of the day when I got home I could still hear it. I absolutelycannot sleep without a loud fan or air purifier that makes a constantsound. I HATE cricket noises in the summer and sometimes my neighboracross the street plays music at night and I can hear the

bassdrumming in my brain. Nevermind the actual music part of it which mybrain seems to block out. >Sigh< At last, people who understand me!Thanks!Aimee

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Hi Lynn,

I can listen to most music if I am in the immediate presence of it,

except jazz (have trouble with saxaphone) and I cannot stand bass

from a neighbor playing across the street or cars that drive by and

you can't hear the music, only the bass. I think it is levels of the

sound or the sounds those things produce. Yes, I have visited the

hyperacusis network and have it on my favorites list. ;)

Aimee

> > Hello,

> >

> > I really empathize with

> > some of you on the anger subject. I have, for about 10 years (I'm

> > now), gotten really enraged at certain noises. The most enraging

> > include people whistling, crunching chips and popcorn and other

> hard,

> > dry foods, people that eat nuts or something else and clean their

> > teeth of the debris with their tongues, slurping of coffee,

someone

> > picking or ripping off their fingernails, someone popping chewing

> gum

> > bubbles inside their mouths, foghorns, jazz music, and the list

goes

> > on.... At first I thought I couldn't tolerate rude behavior but

then

> > realized it was something more since internally I felt some of

these

> > sounds, like everyday whistling, seemed to " hurt " my ears. This is

> > sad for me since my husband loves to whistle. I can't stand going

to

> > a movie theater and sitting next to someone eating popcorn that

> > doesn't close their mouth. I totally lose track of the movie and

> > might as well leave as money wasted instead of getting angry at

the

> > unsuspecting party causing my discomfort. I found this site,

> > ironically, by accident when googling " annoyed by chewing noises "

> > when a coworker was about to make me jump out of my skin with her

> > eating habits. Then of course the information I found led me

here. I

> > also want to mention I thought I was crazy about the " ringing in

the

> > ears " thing I had. I kept thinking it was office equipment but at

> the

> > end of the day when I got home I could still hear it. I absolutely

> > cannot sleep without a loud fan or air purifier that makes a

> constant

> > sound. I HATE cricket noises in the summer and sometimes my

neighbor

> > across the street plays music at night and I can hear the bass

> > drumming in my brain. Nevermind the actual music part of it which

my

> > brain seems to block out. >Sigh< At last, people who understand

me!

> > Thanks!

> > Aimee

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

>