RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Auditory and visual stimuli that are bothersome

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

I know what you mean about all those things at once! I definately have to remove myself when that happens!

I was curious about the Boss noise canceling headphones, because they are way out of my price range, especially if they didn't do the trick. Do you have to be listening to music? The cheaper ones I have now don't really cancle anything out, although they are good if I have to listen to an audio track at work. I've also heard that the thing that turns on to cancle the noise in one of them actually makes a noise, which I couldn't deal with.

Thanks for your response.

Carlotta

Re: Auditory and visual stimuli that are bothersome

Hi, Lynn. Water doesn't bother me (fortunate for a bio student) andneither do long fingernails unless they're chewing. Sniffling,whispering, and gum chewing are pretty much the antichrist, though. I've never used a Zem Guard, and while they do look like they'rebetter suited for the work environment than what I use in my dorm (Ican't use anything in class), it seems like the blisters would be toomuch. I was fortunate to get a pair of Bose noise cancellingheadphones for Christmas... those totally block out the heating systemand the hum of the fluorescent light, and about half of my roommate'struly cacaphonous TV shows. They're kind of clunky and they eat up AAAbatteries, but I love 'em.>> Hi,> I was wondering if any of these things bother anyone else? > Rushing, running, or trickling water> Traffic > Someone talking when they're sick and sniffling> Heat vents and airconditioners > Someone pointing at things> Amplified whispers > Flip flops or click clacking shoes> Fingers in front of mouths and pictures of this too> Hands in general, gesturing or fluttering about, and long fingernails> Gum chewing> > Also, what kinds of things have you tried to deal with this? I usea Zem Gaurd at work and it gives me blisters in my ears. But it hasthe ability to almost completely block out the humming backround noises. > > Lynn> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

They do help me alot and I bought them on a payment plan of about $25.00 per month

for one year!

To: Soundsensitivity From: frlynn3@...Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:23:18 -0800Subject: Re: Re: Auditory and visual stimuli that are bothersome

Hi,

I know what you mean about all those things at once! I definately have to remove myself when that happens!

I was curious about the Boss noise canceling headphones, because they are way out of my price range, especially if they didn't do the trick. Do you have to be listening to music? The cheaper ones I have now don't really cancle anything out, although they are good if I have to listen to an audio track at work. I've also heard that the thing that turns on to cancle the noise in one of them actually makes a noise, which I couldn't deal with.

Thanks for your response.

Carlotta

Hi, Lynn. Water doesn't bother me (fortunate for a bio student) andneither do long fingernails unless they're chewing. Sniffling,whispering, and gum chewing are pretty much the antichrist, though. I've never used a Zem Guard, and while they do look like they'rebetter suited for the work environment than what I use in my dorm (Ican't use anything in class), it seems like the blisters would be toomuch. I was fortunate to get a pair of Bose noise cancellingheadphones for Christmas... those totally block out the heating systemand the hum of the fluorescent light, and about half of my roommate'struly cacaphonous TV shows. They're kind of clunky and they eat up AAAbatteries, but I love 'em.>> Hi,> I was wondering if any of these things bother anyone else? > Rushing, running, or trickling water> Traffic > Someone talking when they're sick and sniffling> Heat vents and airconditioners > Someone pointing at things> Amplified whispers > Flip flops or click clacking shoes> Fingers in front of mouths and pictures of this too> Hands in general, gesturing or fluttering about, and long fingernails> Gum chewing> > Also, what kinds of things have you tried to deal with this? I usea Zem Gaurd at work and it gives me blisters in my ears. But it hasthe ability to almost completely block out the humming backround noises. > > Lynn> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more

Hi all

My 10 year old son has found " musician ear plugs " to be helpful. They don't

cancel all the noise, but attenuate it. His reduces sound by 25 decibles,

but still filters in speech so he can hear what is going. He still can hear

loud " offending " noises, but has managed quite nicely, espcially when we

have been travelling and have been in crowded places. I think if it is very

quiet than the noises still bother him, but when there is other noise

around, they have been quite helpful.

Caroline

>

>Reply-To: Soundsensitivity

>To: Soundsensitivity

>Subject: Re: Re: Auditory and visual stimuli that are

>bothersome

>Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:23:18 -0800 (PST)

>

>Hi,

>

>I know what you mean about all those things at once! I definately have to

>remove myself when that happens!

>

>I was curious about the Boss noise canceling headphones, because they are

>way out of my price range, especially if they didn't do the trick. Do you

>have to be listening to music? The cheaper ones I have now don't really

>cancle anything out, although they are good if I have to listen to an audio

>track at work. I've also heard that the thing that turns on to cancle the

>noise in one of them actually makes a noise, which I couldn't deal with.

>

>Thanks for your response.

>Carlotta

>

>

> Re: Auditory and visual stimuli that are

>bothersome

>

>Hi, Lynn. Water doesn't bother me (fortunate for a bio student) and

>neither do long fingernails unless they're chewing. Sniffling,

>whispering, and gum chewing are pretty much the antichrist, though.

>

>I've never used a Zem Guard, and while they do look like they're

>better suited for the work environment than what I use in my dorm (I

>can't use anything in class), it seems like the blisters would be too

>much. I was fortunate to get a pair of Bose noise cancelling

>headphones for Christmas... those totally block out the heating system

>and the hum of the fluorescent light, and about half of my roommate's

>truly cacaphonous TV shows. They're kind of clunky and they eat up AAA

>batteries, but I love 'em.

>

>

> >

> > Hi,

> > I was wondering if any of these things bother anyone else?

> > Rushing, running, or trickling water

> > Traffic

> > Someone talking when they're sick and sniffling

> > Heat vents and airconditioners

> > Someone pointing at things

> > Amplified whispers

> > Flip flops or click clacking shoes

> > Fingers in front of mouths and pictures of this too

> > Hands in general, gesturing or fluttering about, and long fingernails

> > Gum chewing

> >

> > Also, what kinds of things have you tried to deal with this? I use

>a Zem Gaurd at work and it gives me blisters in my ears. But it has

>the ability to almost completely block out the humming backround noises.

> >

> > Lynn

> >

> >

> >

>____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and

> > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

>http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>_______________________________________________________________________________\

_____

>Looking for last minute shopping deals?

>Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

>http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Thanks. I'm definately going to look into that!

Hi, Lynn. Water doesn't bother me (fortunate for a bio student) andneither do long fingernails unless they're chewing. Sniffling,whispering, and gum chewing are pretty much the antichrist, though. I've never used a Zem Guard, and while they do look like they'rebetter suited for the work environment than what I use in my dorm (Ican't use anything in class), it seems like the blisters would be toomuch. I was fortunate to get a pair of Bose noise cancellingheadphones for Christmas... those totally block out the heating systemand the hum of the fluorescent light, and about half of my roommate'struly cacaphonous TV shows. They're kind of clunky and they eat up AAAbatteries, but I love 'em.>> Hi,> I was wondering if any of these things bother anyone else? > Rushing, running, or trickling water> Traffic > Someone talking when they're sick and sniffling> Heat vents and airconditioners > Someone pointing at things> Amplified whispers > Flip flops or click clacking shoes> Fingers in front of mouths and pictures of this too> Hands in general, gesturing or fluttering about, and long fingernails> Gum chewing> > Also, what kinds of things have you tried to deal with this? I usea Zem Gaurd at work and it gives me blisters in my ears. But it hasthe ability to almost completely block out the humming backround noises. > > Lynn> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ>

Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Where do you find those?

Re: Auditory and visual stimuli that are >bothersome>>Hi, Lynn. Water doesn't bother me (fortunate for a bio student) and>neither do long fingernails unless they're chewing. Sniffling,>whispering, and gum chewing are pretty much the antichrist, though.>>I've never used a Zem Guard, and while they do look like they're>better suited for the work environment than what I use in my dorm

(I>can't use anything in class), it seems like the blisters would be too>much. I was fortunate to get a pair of Bose noise cancelling>headphones for Christmas... those totally block out the heating system>and the hum of the fluorescent light, and about half of my roommate's>truly cacaphonous TV shows. They're kind of clunky and they eat up AAA>batteries, but I love 'em.>>> >> > Hi,> > I was wondering if any of these things bother anyone else?> > Rushing, running, or trickling water> > Traffic> > Someone talking when they're sick and sniffling> > Heat vents and airconditioners> > Someone pointing at things> > Amplified whispers> > Flip flops or click clacking shoes> > Fingers in front of mouths and pictures of

this too> > Hands in general, gesturing or fluttering about, and long fingernails> > Gum chewing> >> > Also, what kinds of things have you tried to deal with this? I use>a Zem Gaurd at work and it gives me blisters in my ears. But it has>the ability to almost completely block out the humming backround noises.> >> > Lynn> >> >> >>___________ _ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ> >>>>>>> >___________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __>Looking for last minute shopping

deals?>Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. >http://tools. search.yahoo. com/newsearch/ category. php?category= shopping

The audiologist referred us (although I don't think you need a referral) but

we got them at a place that dispences hearing aids. I think that you can

find them at any place that makes aids for hearing and you just need to call

them " musician ear plugs " . They were not too expensive ($200.00) and my son

had to be fitted for them

>

>Reply-To: Soundsensitivity

>To: Soundsensitivity

>Subject: Re: Re: Auditory and visual stimuli that are

>bothersome

>Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:32:13 +0700 (ICT)

>

>Where do you find those?

>

>

>

> Re: Auditory and visual stimuli that are

> >bothersome

> >

> >Hi, Lynn. Water doesn't bother me (fortunate for a bio student) and

> >neither do long fingernails unless they're chewing. Sniffling,

> >whispering, and gum chewing are pretty much the antichrist, though.

> >

> >I've never used a Zem Guard, and while they do look like they're

> >better suited for the work environment than what I use in my dorm (I

> >can't use anything in class), it seems like the blisters would be too

> >much. I was fortunate to get a pair of Bose noise cancelling

> >headphones for Christmas... those totally block out the heating system

> >and the hum of the fluorescent light, and about half of my roommate's

> >truly cacaphonous TV shows. They're kind of clunky and they eat up AAA

> >batteries, but I love 'em.

> >

> >

> > >

> > > Hi,

> > > I was wondering if any of these things bother anyone else?

> > > Rushing, running, or trickling water

> > > Traffic

> > > Someone talking when they're sick and sniffling

> > > Heat vents and airconditioners

> > > Someone pointing at things

> > > Amplified whispers

> > > Flip flops or click clacking shoes

> > > Fingers in front of mouths and pictures of this too

> > > Hands in general, gesturing or fluttering about, and long fingernails

> > > Gum chewing

> > >

> > > Also, what kinds of things have you tried to deal with this? I use

> >a Zem Gaurd at work and it gives me blisters in my ears. But it has

> >the ability to almost completely block out the humming backround noises.

> > >

> > > Lynn

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >___________ _ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and

> > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

> >http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >___________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

> >Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> >Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

> >http://tools. search.yahoo. com/newsearch/ category. php?category=

>shopping

>

>

>

>

>

>

>_______________________________________________________________________________\

_____

>Looking for last minute shopping deals?

>Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

>http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping