RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: GROUP HOMES I RECOMMEND

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What is the name of your son's group home...or who runs it? By the phone number, I assume it's in Houston.

Thanks,

a

Re: group homesTo: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 8:59 PM

I know a couple of families who are doing this, they own the house, 24 hour supervision is paid for by HCS waiver. They could not find a provider that had a suitable 3/4 bed group home close to where they live, so they recruited other families and went in together on the house.This would be a golden opportunity to buy a house seeing how houses are not moving well on the market, and people are motivated to sell at a reasonable price.Nagla> >> > Does anyone have a list of group homes in Texas? I heard that there > may > > be a 10 year wait list, is this correct? I'm thinking that even if I > > don't plan on needing a group home it might be a good idea to at > least > > be in line should things change. Additionally has anyone been to > Down > > Home Ranch? I think they serve primarily persons with Down Syndrome > but > > I wonder if our adults with Autism would fit in. Any advice is > appreciated.> > Trina> >>