>

> I'm sorry that you had a bad day yesterday. I had a horrible one

also, I'm not sure why. I haven't had such an anxiety, sad and

depressing day for a while! That was my 2nd day with the vitamins /

minerals. Today I feel much better...I'm taking B6 (200mg) in the

morning, again in the afternoon and 60 mg of zinc before bed. I read

somewhere that you're supposed to take them at different times in the

day. I did notice that my dreams were much more vivid last night (I

don't usually have dream recall) so I feel good about that.

>

> Please let us know how you progress. Wishing you lots of luck!

>

> Best,

>

> andra

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: Soundsensitivity

> Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 1:51:34 AM

> Subject: Re: Dr. Veale and Dr. Jastreboff

>

>

> Ingrid,

>

> I found myself slipping into despair last night, because I've been

thinking that I'm getting better with nutritional supplements, but I

had a very bad day yesterday. I guess I was hoping for a miraculous

recovery, but it's not going to be quite so dramatic, unfortunately.

There are times, like last night, that I just can't believe I have to

deal with this.

>

> I've actually been a bit encouraged by the hyperacusis forum. I

don't think they " get it " either, but there is always some benefit to

looking at things from a different perspective. If I had money to

burn, I'd probably try just about any crazy therapy that might offer

some hope. As it is, I can afford a few vitamins, so I'm trying

that. It would be extremely depressing to save up (or go into debt)

for a therapy that didn't work. I agree with you--we need research

into our specific condition and not dismissals that we're nothing

special.

>

> Take care,

>

>

Hi ,I'm glad that you had a good day :o) I think it's normal to have a bad day once in a while, it may be your body readjusting itself, getting rid of toxins or other factors that may be affecting you. Make sure that you also keep track of your periods. I know that during PMS can be a really stressful time for me.I read that the minimum dosage of B6 is 250mg for pyroluriacs. If you do have this condition then maybe you needed to up your dosage a bit so I think increasing it is a good idea. We just have to be careful we don't take too much. I haven't been eating much lately due to feeling nauseous all the time so I started at 400mg/day for about a week to see how it goes. Yesterday my dreams were much more vivid (as you

say). I think it also helps to take manganese and omega 6 which I was thinking about doing also but first I want to see how these vitamins work. All in all, I'm feeling better, more energy and less anxious. I think I'll see how it goes before I take the test, though I would really love to find out. I'm living in Japan now so I don't think I would be able to send the sample to the US in time. If the vitamins to work for us what we can do is stop taking them for about 1-2 weeks and then take the test, just to make sure we know for sure. As far as I'm concerned, if it works, I don't think I would care what it was!!! Please keep me updated on your progress :o)All the best,andraTo: Soundsensitivity Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:41:49 AMSubject: VitaminsThanks, andra. I don't know why the other day was so bad for me either. Yesterday was better--I even volunteered at my kids' school, which is challenging because the classrooms have these obnoxious clocks that tick very loudly every minute. One loud tick. It's just often enough that you can't forget about it, and it's so loud you can hear it anywhere in the room. I did it though, and the ticks didn't drive me completely crazy. As you know, it takes a week or two for the vitamins to really start to

help. I noticed dream recall improvements right away too, which is very encouraging. I increased my dose of b-6 this week, and last night I had wonderful, vivid dreams. I even dreamed that I was telling someone about how vitamins were improving my dreams, and how much I was enjoying them. It's strange, but I feel like I've been missing out on something. I've had dreams off and on since I was a kid, and I can even remember some I had years ago, but I haven't dreamed so vividly in a long time.Are you thinking about doing the test for pyroluria? Or are you winging it like me?>> Hi ,> > I'm sorry that you had a bad day yesterday.

I had a horrible one also, I'm not sure why. I haven't had such an anxiety, sad and depressing day for a while! That was my 2nd day with the vitamins / minerals. Today I feel much better...I'm taking B6 (200mg) in the morning, again in the afternoon and 60 mg of zinc before bed. I read somewhere that you're supposed to take them at different times in the day. I did notice that my dreams were much more vivid last night (I don't usually have dream recall) so I feel good about that.> > Please let us know how you progress. Wishing you lots of luck!> > Best,> > andra> > > > > ________________________________> > To: Soundsensitivity > Sent: Tuesday,

December 9, 2008 1:51:34 AM> Subject: Re: Dr. Veale and Dr. Jastreboff> > > Ingrid,> > I found myself slipping into despair last night, because I've been thinking that I'm getting better with nutritional supplements, but I had a very bad day yesterday. I guess I was hoping for a miraculous recovery, but it's not going to be quite so dramatic, unfortunately. There are times, like last night, that I just can't believe I have to deal with this. > > I've actually been a bit encouraged by the hyperacusis forum. I don't think they "get it" either, but there is always some benefit to looking at things from a different perspective. If I had money to burn, I'd probably try just about any crazy therapy that might offer some hope. As it is, I can afford a few vitamins, so I'm trying that. It would

be extremely depressing to save up (or go into debt) for a therapy that didn't work. I agree with you--we need research into our specific condition and not dismissals that we're nothing special.> > Take care,> >------------------------------------PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you. MJ