RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Dr. Veale and Dr. Jastreboff

Rate this topic

Guest guest

(just hugs Ingrid tight) It really is easy to just turn away from the world

and mentally numb yourself when depression is at its worst. I know this very

well. I also know it can hurt as much as actually hurting.

The answer has to be somewhere out there, doesn't it?

We'll all keep listening to each other. We hear so much; it's our turn to be

heard.

= M-F.

----- Original Message -----

> Thanks for listening.

> [i'm never feel good about posting when I'm depressed... it is much

> easier to isolate... arghhh...

>

> Ingrid

thanks M-F, thats exactly what feels best right now.Ingrid. (just hugs Ingrid tight) It really is easy to just turn away from the world and mentally numb yourself when depression is at its worst. I know this very well. I also know it can hurt as much as actually hurting.The answer has to be somewhere out there, doesn't it?We'll all keep listening to each other. We hear so much; it's our turn to be heard.= M-F.----- Original Message ----- From: "ingrid.spielman" <ingridether.au>> Thanks for listening.> [i'm never feel good about posting when I'm depressed... it is much> easier to isolate... arghhh...>> Ingrid

Hi ,I'm sorry that you had a bad day yesterday. I had a horrible one also, I'm not sure why. I haven't had such an anxiety, sad and depressing day for a while! That was my 2nd day with the vitamins / minerals. Today I feel much better...I'm taking B6 (200mg) in the morning, again in the afternoon and 60 mg of zinc before bed. I read somewhere that you're supposed to take them at different times in the day. I did notice that my dreams were much more vivid last night (I don't usually have dream recall) so I feel good about that.Please let us know how you progress. Wishing you lots of luck!Best,andraTo: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 1:51:34 AMSubject: Re: Dr. Veale and Dr. Jastreboff

Ingrid,

I found myself slipping into despair last night, because I've been thinking that I'm getting better with nutritional supplements, but I had a very bad day yesterday. I guess I was hoping for a miraculous recovery, but it's not going to be quite so dramatic, unfortunately. There are times, like last night, that I just can't believe I have to deal with this.

I've actually been a bit encouraged by the hyperacusis forum. I don't think they "get it" either, but there is always some benefit to looking at things from a different perspective. If I had money to burn, I'd probably try just about any crazy therapy that might offer some hope. As it is, I can afford a few vitamins, so I'm trying that. It would be extremely depressing to save up (or go into debt) for a therapy that didn't work. I agree with you--we need research into our specific condition and not dismissals that we're nothing special.

Take care,

Dear ,

Thanks for sending the report, I got it, and thanks for your kind words.

I am very much better today after a good sleep and some kind words

from this group.

It is so important for me to know that I am not alone in this. And to

know that there is a chance of a medical investigation into these

symptoms.

I agreed with your sense what was happening with the woman referred to

in the report .

The main differences between myself and the woman in the report are: -

- that my desire for deafness was not persistent, it was mainly

during times of despair and depression;

- my family background was loving and secure, although my mum did also

suffer with anxiety and some depression.

Best wishes,

Ingrid.

Thanks Darlene. I felt a bit guilty sharing my melt down yesterday, but I also think it has been important to me to post when depressed, and not isolate in it.I really appreciated the kind and thoughtful post from this group. Any way, the good news is that today I've feeling so much better. I've just bought 3 summer frocks (yeah - and not expensive!) and had a moment to feel grateful for all the bad things I don't have, which for me is a great way of breaking out of depression. Phew.Right now, I'm enjoying some nice loud music, (not too loud of course :-) while writing a proposal at work, better get back to it. CheersIngrid.They wear you out over there I know! But I appreciate your effort and contribution! Hang in there... we are all in this boat together. We just need to keep it afloat! Darlene--- In Soundsensitivity , "ingrid.spielman" wrote> > I know I getting a bit off topic now, but I've spent a lot of time> recently on the Hyperacusis Network forum, and although I think people> there are well intentioned, I feel really confused and quite depressed> from being there. I'm not sure they really 'get' what the people here> are suffering with, but some people there seem so sure that we just> need to try their approaches.> > So I come back here, to be with the people I know share my symptoms,