RemedySpot.com

Re: I dropped into Church last week.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We have been told to keep our political views to ourselves. I would appreciate if you would do the same with your religious views...

Thanks

Subject: I dropped into Church last week.To: Soundsensitivity Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:44 AM

I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For whatever reason it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my reactions to triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still recognize the sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very quick now. I feel like I've been reset to a point to where I still have the problem, but all the psychological junk attached to it has been greatly suppressed.1 Corinthians 10:13 (King Version)13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (King Version)7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of

Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

I'm glad it helped YOU. But I have to second 's email. We don't need that here.

Thank you,

Vicki

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 12:59:23 PMSubject: Re: I dropped into Church last week.

We have been told to keep our political views to ourselves. I would appreciate if you would do the same with your religious views...

Thanks

From: xl_cheese24 <xl_cheese24@ yahoo.com>Subject: I dropped into Church last week.To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:44 AM

I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For whatever reason it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my reactions to triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still recognize the sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very quick now. I feel like I've been reset to a point to where I still have the problem, but all the psychological junk attached to it has been greatly suppressed.1 Corinthians 10:13 (King Version)13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (King Version)7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of

Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

I'm sorry if I offended any of you. I would ask that you simply do

no read the messages that have " Church " in the title and take time

out of your day to indirectly express your views on the subject.

Perhaps someone else on here could benefit. Isn't that the point of

this list? Sharing our stories, support, and things that have helped

us?

>

> From: xl_cheese24 <xl_cheese24@ yahoo.com>

> Subject: I dropped into Church last week.

> To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:44 AM

>

>

> I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For whatever

reason

> it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my reactions to

> triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still recognize

the

> sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very quick now.

> I feel like I've been reset to a point to where I still have the

> problem, but all the psychological junk attached to it has been

> greatly suppressed.

>

> 1 Corinthians 10:13 (King Version)

>

> 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:

> but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above

that

> ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to

escape,

> that ye may be able to bear it.

>

> 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (King Version)

>

> 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance

of

> the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the

> messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above

> measure.

> 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart

> from me.

> 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my

> strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I

> rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest

> upon me.

> 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in

> necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for

> when I am weak, then am I strong.

>

I'm going to agree in part with both sides here. I think the main body of the message was fine. This person tried something, found that it helped them, and wanted to share it with the rest of the group. I don't think it was put forth in such a way that they were expressing their religious views. So that part I think was fine.On the other side, quoting scripture in the message was probably not appropriate.I think the easiest way to look at it is to substitute other religions and see how I'd respond. I'd be okay wit them saying that returning to services at their respective religion helped them to find peace, but probably wouldn't appreciate them quoting from their respective scriptures. How things are worded were make a difference too.Peace,I'm sorry if I offended any of you. I would ask that you simply do no read the messages that have "Church" in the title and take time out of your day to indirectly express your views on the subject. Perhaps someone else on here could benefit. Isn't that the point of this list? Sharing our stories, support, and things that have helped us?> > From: xl_cheese24 <xl_cheese24@ yahoo.com>> Subject: I dropped into Church last week.> To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:44 AM> > > I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For whatever reason > it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my reactions to > triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still recognize the > sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very quick now. > I feel like I've been reset to a point to where I still have the > problem, but all the psychological junk attached to it has been > greatly suppressed.> > 1 Corinthians 10:13 (King Version)> > 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: > but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that > ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, > that ye may be able to bear it.> > 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (King Version)> > 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of > the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the > messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above > measure. > 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart > from me. > 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my > strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I > rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest > upon me. > 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in > necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for > when I am weak, then am I strong.>

Seperation of church and 4S support group?

>

reason

> it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my reactions

to

the

> sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very quick

now.

> greatly suppressed.

>

>

that

escape,

>

>

>

of

> measure.

> from me.

> upon me.

>

With all due respect to everyone, I would have expected that a condition such as the one we all share would enable us to become more open minded, mature and accepting. One of the main lessons I think that I have to learn with 4s is to become more flexible with people who's views, beliefs or habits I may not share and to listen objectively. I don't take offense in listening to someone speak of a religious/spiritual experience, especially being one that has helped to curb some of the pain that we are all so desperately seeking to get some relief from.Even though I am in no way religious I believe in the power of belief and the need to have faith and hope in life. If nothing else, the Bible is a great literary text studied by many non religious intelligent scholars for

the profound literary qualities it may posses.We all know how debilitating it feels to live in a world that makes us feel so different, alone and inhibited. If there's one thing I love about this group is that we can all speak of our feelings and experience with no such inhibitions and without feeling judged. To everyone: If there is any "questionable" experience, situation, belief or view that has helped you or that you would like to share, please include me. If Obama, God or your pet snake has helped anyone deal with this tormenting condition, I want to know about it. I'm interested in listening to everyone's perspective...even those that may be considered "offensive" ones.

Thank You,andraTo: Soundsensitivity Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 6:15:28 AMSubject: Re: I dropped into Church last week.

I'm sorry if I offended any of you. I would ask that you simply do no read the messages that have "Church" in the title and take time out of your day to indirectly express your views on the subject. Perhaps someone else on here could benefit. Isn't that the point of this list? Sharing our stories, support, and things that have helped us?> > From: xl_cheese24 <xl_cheese24@ yahoo.com>> Subject: I dropped into Church last week.> To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:44 AM> > > I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For whatever reason > it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my reactions to

> triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still recognize the > sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very quick now. > I feel like I've been reset to a point to where I still have the > problem, but all the psychological junk attached to it has been > greatly suppressed.> > 1 Corinthians 10:13 (King Version)> > 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: > but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that > ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, > that ye may be able to bear it.> > 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (King Version)> > 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of > the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the > messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be

exalted above > measure. > 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart > from me. > 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my > strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I > rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest > upon me. > 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in > necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for > when I am weak, then am I strong.>------------------------------------PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you. MJ

That's the one positive about 4s, I believe we are more open minded and accepting and definitley our ability for empathy I'm sure outweighs others that don't have 4s.

I too have found a massive improvement in regards to 4s when I became an atheist which has totally changed my outlook on life and I cope with it far better than I ever thought I had the ability, having a weight lifted off my shoulders in life has improved the 4s dramatically.

Religious discussion is dangerous but hey if it can help someone else then why not.

:)

Subject: Re: Re: I dropped into Church last week.To: Soundsensitivity Received: Thursday, 4 December, 2008, 12:51 PM

With all due respect to everyone, I would have expected that a condition such as the one we all share would enable us to become more open minded, mature and accepting. One of the main lessons I think that I have to learn with 4s is to become more flexible with people who's views, beliefs or habits I may not share and to listen objectively. I don't take offense in listening to someone speak of a religious/spiritual experience, especially being one that has helped to curb some of the pain that we are all so desperately seeking to get some relief from.Even though I am in no way religious I believe in the power of belief and the need to have faith and hope in life. If nothing else, the Bible is a great literary text studied by many non religious intelligent scholars for the profound literary qualities it may posses.We all know how debilitating it feels to live in a world that makes us feel so different, alone and

inhibited. If there's one thing I love about this group is that we can all speak of our feelings and experience with no such inhibitions and without feeling judged. To everyone: If there is any "questionable" experience, situation, belief or view that has helped you or that you would like to share, please include me. If Obama, God or your pet snake has helped anyone deal with this tormenting condition, I want to know about it. I'm interested in listening to everyone's perspective. ..even those that may be considered "offensive" ones.Thank You,andra

From: xl_cheese24 <xl_cheese24@ yahoo.com>To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 6:15:28 AMSubject: Re: I dropped into Church last week.I'm sorry if I offended any of you. I would ask that you simply do no read the messages that have "Church" in the title and take time out of your day to indirectly express your views on the subject. Perhaps someone else on here could benefit. Isn't that the point of this list? Sharing our stories, support, and things that have helped us?> > From: xl_cheese24 <xl_cheese24@ yahoo.com>> Subject:

I dropped into Church last week.> To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:44 AM> > > I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For whatever reason > it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my reactions to > triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still recognize the > sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very quick now. > I feel like I've been reset to a point to where I still have the > problem, but all the psychological junk attached to it has been > greatly suppressed.> > 1 Corinthians 10:13 (King Version)> > 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: > but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that > ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape,

> that ye may be able to bear it.> > 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (King Version)> > 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of > the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the > messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above > measure. > 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart > from me. > 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my > strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I > rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest > upon me. > 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in > necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for > when I am weak, then am I strong.>------------ --------- --------- ------PLEASE BE AWARE

THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you. MJ

Just for the record, I did not take offense by this post. I don't

care if someone is religious or not and I didn't feel that you were

trying to " convert " someone in any way. Like others have said, this

is something that has HELPED you and that is what this site is

about. The difference between this post and the political posts were

the the political posts had NOTHING to do with 4S. They were simply

saying things like they'd move out of the country if a certain person

won. I don't care about what gets discussed on this board as long as

it is something to do with 4S and may provide a method of help for

others. You can choose to take from it what you wish, or choose not

to read it all together. However, if Dr. feels that religion

should not be discussed like she has felt self-harm should not be

discussed, I will follow the rules... I love this place too much!

>

reason

> it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my reactions

to

the

> sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very quick

now.

> greatly suppressed.

>

>

that

escape,

>

>

>

of

> measure.

> from me.

> upon me.

>

Personally, I am a Christian and the only complaint I had was when I read the subject line, I thought someone was posting about sounds that bothered them in church. I have problems listening to gum chewers, sniffing, coughing, etc in church. ;)

I think it is great if this has helped you. I really and truly believe my 4S is a physiological problem more than a psychological one. I say this because it is affected by hormonal changes, sleep deprivation, etc.

Thanks,Joan

andra,

That was very well said and I believe you speak for what this

group is about. I agree with your statement wholeheartedly and I hope the group

understands where you and everyone else is and should be coming from.

Regards

[mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of andra Ruiz

Sent: Thursday, 4 December 2008 12:52 PM

To: Soundsensitivity

Subject: Re: Re: I dropped into Church last week.

With

all due respect to everyone, I would have expected that a condition such as the

one we all share would enable us to become more open minded, mature and

accepting. One of the main lessons I think that I have to learn with 4s

is to become more flexible with people who's views, beliefs or habits I may not

share and to listen objectively. I don't take offense in listening to

someone speak of a religious/spiritual experience, especially being one that

has helped to curb some of the pain that we are all so desperately seeking to

get some relief from.

Even though I am in no way religious I believe in the power of belief and the

need to have faith and hope in life. If nothing else, the Bible is a

great literary text studied by many non religious intelligent scholars for the

profound literary qualities it may posses.

We all know how debilitating it feels to live in a world that makes us feel so

different, alone and inhibited. If there's one thing I love about this

group is that we can all speak of our feelings and experience with no such

inhibitions and without feeling judged.

To everyone: If there is any " questionable " experience, situation,

belief or view that has helped you or that you would like to share, please

include me. If Obama, God or your pet snake has helped anyone deal with

this tormenting condition, I want to know about it. I'm interested in

listening to everyone's perspective...even those that may be considered

" offensive " ones.

Thank You,

andra

To: Soundsensitivity

Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 6:15:28 AM

Subject: Re: I dropped into Church last week.

I'm sorry if I offended any of you. I would ask that you simply do

no read the messages that have " Church " in the title and take time

out of your day to indirectly express your views on the subject.

Perhaps someone else on here could benefit. Isn't that the point of

this list? Sharing our stories, support, and things that have helped

us?

>

> From: xl_cheese24 <xl_cheese24@ yahoo.com>

> Subject: I dropped into Church last week.

> To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:44 AM

>

>

reason

the

> greatly suppressed.

>

>

that

escape,

>

>

of

> measure.

> from me.

> upon me.

>

------------------------------------

PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO MESSAGES ARE TO BE

USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED

OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE.

ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.

Thank you. MJ

I did not find the email offensive, I am kind of " used to " people

talking about religion and I tend to ignore it. In my job, I get

emails from people who quote the Bible, etc. If that helps them, so

be it. I just think we all need to remember that not everyone reads

the same Bible so we cannot expect everybody to appreciate someone

including a long Bible verse in their emails.

I got my computer repaired recently and the repairman put the Bible

on my computer without my asking. What really bothered me about it is

that I am not a Christian and was upset to think that this person

just " assumed " I shared his beliefs.

In Soundsensitivity , Hoffman

wrote:

>

> I'm going to agree in part with both sides here. I think the main

body

> of the message was fine. This person tried something, found that

it

> helped them, and wanted to share it with the rest of the group. I

> don't think it was put forth in such a way that they were

expressing

> their religious views. So that part I think was fine.

>

> On the other side, quoting scripture in the message was probably

not

> appropriate.

>

> I think the easiest way to look at it is to substitute other

religions

> and see how I'd respond. I'd be okay wit them saying that returning

to

> services at their respective religion helped them to find peace,

but

> probably wouldn't appreciate them quoting from their respective

> scriptures. How things are worded were make a difference too.

>

> Peace,

>

>

>

>

> > I'm sorry if I offended any of you. I would ask that you simply do

> > no read the messages that have " Church " in the title and take time

> > out of your day to indirectly express your views on the subject.

> > Perhaps someone else on here could benefit. Isn't that the point

of

> > this list? Sharing our stories, support, and things that have

helped

> > us?

> >

> >

> > >

> > > From: xl_cheese24 <xl_cheese24@ yahoo.com>

> > > Subject: I dropped into Church last week.

> > > To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com

> > > Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:44 AM

> > >

> > >

> > > I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For whatever

> > reason

> > > it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my

reactions to

> > > triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still recognize

> > the

> > > sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very quick

now.

> > > I feel like I've been reset to a point to where I still have the

> > > problem, but all the psychological junk attached to it has been

> > > greatly suppressed.

> > >

> > > 1 Corinthians 10:13 (King Version)

> > >

> > > 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to

man:

> > > but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above

> > that

> > > ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to

> > escape,

> > > that ye may be able to bear it.

> > >

> > > 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (King Version)

> > >

> > > 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the

abundance

> > of

> > > the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the

> > > messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above

> > > measure.

> > > 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart

> > > from me.

> > > 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my

> > > strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore

will I

> > > rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may

rest

> > > upon me.

> > > 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in

> > > necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake:

for

> > > when I am weak, then am I strong.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

I personally think it is a good thing to bring up other things that work for you and opening other's minds to the possibility of faith is not a bad thing.

If I see a post that doesn't interest me, I just use the "DELETE" key :)

Debi

Please don't feel like a dirt bag, you're a wonderful person. Your kindness, generosity, character and humility is shown :o)

From: Vicki O <vnoe67>To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 4:44:59 AMSubject: Re: Re: I dropped into Church last week.

OK, I feel like kind of a dirt bag for saying I didn't want religion on here. I really just didn't want people arguing. I'm happy for anyone that can find "peace" with whatever.Sorry for my input that wasn't clearly thought out!!

From: lsalin <lsalin>To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 9:26:14 AMSubject: Re: I dropped into Church last week.

I did not find the email offensive, I am kind of "used to" people talking about religion and I tend to ignore it. In my job, I get emails from people who quote the Bible, etc. If that helps them, so be it. I just think we all need to remember that not everyone reads the same Bible so we cannot expect everybody to appreciate someone including a long Bible verse in their emails.I got my computer repaired recently and the repairman put the Bible on my computer without my asking. What really bothered me about it is that I am not a Christian and was upset to think that this person just "assumed" I shared his beliefs.In Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com, Hoffman <biker4Christ@ ...> wrote:>> I'm going to agree in part with both sides here. I think the main body > of the message was fine. This person tried something, found that it > helped them, and wanted to share it with the rest of the group. I > don't think it was put forth in such a way that they were expressing > their religious views. So that part I think was fine.> > On the other side, quoting scripture in the message was probably not > appropriate.> > I think the easiest way to look at it is to substitute other religions > and see how I'd respond. I'd be okay wit them saying that returning to > services at their respective religion helped them to find peace, but > probably wouldn't appreciate them quoting from their respective > scriptures. How things are worded were make a difference too.> > Peace,> > > > > > I'm sorry if I offended any of you. I would ask that you simply do> > no read the messages that have "Church" in the title and take time> > out of your day to indirectly express your views on the subject.> > Perhaps someone else on here could benefit. Isn't that the point of> > this list? Sharing our stories, support, and things that have helped> > us?> >> > > > >> > > From: xl_cheese24 <xl_cheese24@ yahoo.com>> > > Subject: I dropped into Church last week.> > > To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com> > > Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:44 AM> > >> > >> > > I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For whatever> > reason> > > it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my reactions to> > > triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still recognize> > the> > > sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very quick now.> > > I feel like I've been reset to a point to where I still have the> > > problem, but all the psychological junk attached to it has been> > > greatly suppressed.> > >> > > 1 Corinthians 10:13 (King Version)> > >> > > 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:> > > but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above> > that> > > ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to> > escape,> > > that ye may be able to bear it.> > >> > > 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (King Version)> > >> > > 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance> > of> > > the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the> > > messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above> > > measure.> > > 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart> > > from me.> > > 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my> > > strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I> > > rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest> > > upon me.> > > 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in> > > necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for> > > when I am weak, then am I strong.> > >> >> >> >>

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

OK, I feel like kind of a dirt bag for saying I didn't want religion on here. I really just didn't want people arguing. I'm happy for anyone that can find "peace" with whatever.Sorry for my input that wasn't clearly thought out!!To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Thursday, December 4,

2008 9:26:14 AMSubject: Re: I dropped into Church last week.

I did not find the email offensive, I am kind of "used to" people

just "assumed" I shared his beliefs.

In Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com, Hoffman

<biker4Christ@ ...> wrote:

>

body

it

expressing

>

not

> appropriate.

>

religions

to

but

>

> Peace,

>

>

>

>

> > no read the messages that have "Church" in the title and take time

of

helped

> > us?

> >

> >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > reason

reactions to

> > the

now.

> > >

> > >

man:

> > that

> > escape,

> > >

> > >

abundance

> > of

> > > measure.

> > > from me.

will I

rest

> > > upon me.

for

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Please don't feel like a dirt bag, you're a wonderful person. Your kindness, generosity, character and humility is shown :o)To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 4:44:59 AMSubject: Re: Re: I dropped into Church

last week.

OK, I feel like kind of a dirt bag for saying I didn't want religion on here. I really just didn't want people arguing. I'm happy for anyone that can find "peace" with whatever.Sorry for my input that wasn't clearly thought out!!To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Thursday, December 4,

2008 9:26:14 AMSubject: Re: I dropped into Church last week.

I did not find the email offensive, I am kind of "used to" people

just "assumed" I shared his beliefs.

In Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com, Hoffman

<biker4Christ@ ...> wrote:

>

body

it

expressing

>

not

> appropriate.

>

religions

to

but

>

> Peace,

>

>

>

>

> > no read the messages that have "Church" in the title and take time

of

helped

> > us?

> >

> >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > reason

reactions to

> > the

now.

> > >

> > >

man:

> > that

> > escape,

> > >

> > >

abundance

> > of

> > > measure.

> > > from me.

will I

rest

> > > upon me.

for

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Hi,I would prefer not to be presented with religious literature on this site.I am happy that it has been helpful for someone. Thank youI personally think it is a good thing to bring up other things that work for you and opening other's minds to the possibility of faith is not a bad thing. If I see a post that doesn't interest me, I just use the "DELETE" key :) Debi In a message dated 12/4/2008 6:13:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, alexandrara writes:Please don't feel like a dirt bag, you're a wonderful person. Your kindness, generosity, character and humility is shown :o)From: Vicki O <vnoe67>To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 4:44:59 AMSubject: Re: Re: I dropped into Church last week.OK, I feel like kind of a dirt bag for saying I didn't want religion on here. I really just didn't want people arguing. I'm happy for anyone that can find "peace" with whatever.Sorry for my input that wasn't clearly thought out!!From: lsalin <lsalin>To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 9:26:14 AMSubject: Re: I dropped into Church last week.I did not find the email offensive, I am kind of "used to" people talking about religion and I tend to ignore it. In my job, I get emails from people who quote the Bible, etc. If that helps them, so be it. I just think we all need to remember that not everyone reads the same Bible so we cannot expect everybody to appreciate someone including a long Bible verse in their emails.I got my computer repaired recently and the repairman put the Bible on my computer without my asking. What really bothered me about it is that I am not a Christian and was upset to think that this personjust "assumed" I shared his beliefs.In Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com, Hoffman <biker4Christ@ ...> wrote:>> I'm going to agree in part with both sides here. I think the main body > of the message was fine. This person tried something, found that it > helped them, and wanted to share it with the rest of the group. I > don't think it was put forth in such a way that they were expressing > their religious views. So that part I think was fine.> > On the other side, quoting scripture in the message was probably not > appropriate.> > I think the easiest way to look at it is to substitute other religions > and see how I'd respond. I'd be okay wit them saying that returning to > services at their respective religion helped them to find peace,but > probably wouldn't appreciate them quoting from their respective > scriptures. How things are worded were make a difference too.> > Peace,> > > > > > I'm sorry if I offended any of you. I would ask that you simply do> > no read the messages that have "Church" in the title and take time> > out of your day to indirectly express your views on the subject.> > Perhaps someone else on here could benefit. Isn't that the point of> > this list? Sharing our stories, support, and things that have helped> > us?> >> > > > >> > > From: xl_cheese24 <xl_cheese24@ yahoo.com>> > > Subject: I dropped into Church last week.> > > To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com> > > Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:44 AM> > >> > >> > > I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For whatever> > reason> > > it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my reactions to> > > triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still recognize> > the> > > sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very quick now.> > > I feel like I've been reset to a point to where I still have the> > > problem, but all the psychological junk attached to it has been> > > greatly suppressed.> > >> > > 1 Corinthians 10:13 (King Version)> > >> > > 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:> > > but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above> > that> > > ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to> > escape,> > > that ye may be able to bear it.> > >> > > 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (King Version)> > >> > > 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance> > of> > > the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the> > > messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above> > > measure.> > > 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart> > > from me.> > > 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my> > > strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I> > > rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest> > > upon me.> > > 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in> > > necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake:for> > > when I am weak, then am I strong.> > >> >> >> >>Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place.Try it now.

I did not have a problem with the " I dropped into Church last week. "

post. I agree we are all here to share. I didn't find the post helpful

for me personally, so I can't really relate to it and maybe that is what

some people in this group felt too.

The church I grew up in focused a lot on how Jesus healed. It was also

expected that I was able to be healed and heal myself through God. Well,

to this day church and God have FAILED me in doing that. I am still

waiting for my healing of this horrible sound sensitive condition!

I have read the Bible all the way through, old and new, and still I'm

struggling with sound sensitivity. Bible quotes are usually read or

stated out of context of what part of the Bible they are from. What gets

me is that their is genocide in the Bible and yet it is okay to kill a

whole group of people because " God " said to do it. Hmmm....

I don't find church very useful in my life. In fact it makes me feel

like I'm a bad person not worthy of life because I have sound

sensitivity problems. So I don't go to put myself into that situation,

and as far as I'm concerned this is a step towards loving myself.

Those are my thoughts about church. If church helps some, then many

blessings to them.

-Randall

xl_cheese24 wrote:

>

>

> I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For whatever reason

> triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still recognize the

> greatly suppressed.

>

>

> but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that

> ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape,

>

>

> 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of

> measure.

> from me.

> upon me.

>

>

I find there is a big difference between religion and spirituality. I have heard it said that religion is for those who don't want to go to hell and spirituality is for those who have already been there. I'm sure alot of us agree that at time our 4s is like a living hell. I have found comfort and some relief by practicing spiritual principles in my life like acceptance, gratitude, tolerance, kindness and service.I am in a 12 step program (which is a spiritual program) for a different problem but it has made a big improvement in all areas of my including my 4s.I can be e-mailed at amybbaron@....

>

>

> I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For whatever reason

> triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still recognize the

> greatly suppressed.

>

>

> but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that

> ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape,

>

>

> 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of

> measure.

> from me.

> upon me.

>

>

I make it a point not to compartmentalize my faith. I want God in all parts of my life, not just when it's politically correct. I do not want to offend anyone either, but if this is a group where we exchange truthfully about our successes and failures, I would be wrong not to share this with you. I hope more of us will pray for help. Prayer works. I would hate to think we can discuss such personal problems with each other yet not share what is working because of reactions. I have been wanting to talk about this for a while but wasn't sure how to bring it up. With three little ones at home with me I never took the time to sit and write about it and I regret that. I am glad this can of worms has been opened.

I am Roman Catholic. Lately, I have been praying more specifically for God to help me with this "Thorn in my side." I have been asking Him to heal me and to help me carry my cross if that's what's best for me. I have been praying for ALL of US who suffer with this problem. God loves us all.

Lastly, through therapy, I have begun to unravel MY version of this complex problem. And I am doing better! In my case, it seems to have been "brought on" as a pre-teen living in a very stressful home with little regard for my personal dignity. I also have several family members with OCD and have been told that this problem falls within the OCD spectrum (in my case). So, between the stress and shame I felt and the tendency towards OCD this problem grew.

I hope I am not being misconstrued as "holier than thou." I just want to share what I know and help us all towards true peace. I am feeling so much better these days and I wish the same for all of you... "believers" or not.

God Bless,

Val

I am so happy for you that Gods word has helped you. I am a Cristian and the Lord means everything in my life. Your post helped me think of some ways to help my 11 year old daughter that has 4s. So you can know your post has helped us. In the future if you would like to talk to me on email about Gods help that would be wonderful, sense it seems some people here are bothered and or threatened by the conversation. God Bless da

I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For whatever reason it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my reactions to triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still recognize the

sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very quick now. I feel like I've been reset to a point to where I still have the problem, but all the psychological junk attached to it has been greatly suppressed.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (King Version)13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape,

that ye may be able to bear it.2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (King Version)7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the

messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my

strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for

when I am weak, then am I strong.

I am sorry but if this becomes a regular topic, as much as I love

this group, I am leaving. I hated the condesending remark about how

we should just 'delete the topics that have church in them' and to

not 'take the time to indirectly say how we feel about religion'.

Here is as direct as I can get.. Keep your religion out of my face!!

I want support for my hearing issues! It's not like people don't know

that churches and bibles exist! Why don't you start a religious 4S

group and spare the rest of us?

I am angry at and hurt by christianity, it's not harmless. I will not

make my case for that statement because this is not the appropriate

place for that.

Who cares about an occasional God Bless or whatever, but quoting the

Bible? THE REST OF THE WORLD IS NOT ALL CHRISTIAN and this is not the

place to 'share the gosphel' and do your recruiting!

> > > > >

> > > > > From: xl_cheese24 <xl_cheese24@ yahoo.com>

> > > > > Subject: I dropped into Church last week.

> > > > > To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com

> > > > > Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:44 AM

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For

whatever

> > > > reason

> > > > > it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my

> > reactions to

> > > > > triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still

recognize

> > > > the

> > > > > sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very

quick

> > now.

> > > > > I feel like I've been reset to a point to where I still

have the

> > > > > problem, but all the psychological junk attached to it has

been

> > > > > greatly suppressed.

> > > > >

> > > > > 1 Corinthians 10:13 (King Version)

> > > > >

> > > > > 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common

to

> > man:

> > > > > but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted

above

> > > > that

> > > > > ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to

> > > > escape,

> > > > > that ye may be able to bear it.

> > > > >

> > > > > 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (King Version)

> > > > >

> > > > > 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the

> > abundance

> > > > of

> > > > > the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the

flesh, the

> > > > > messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted

above

> > > > > measure.

> > > > > 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might

depart

> > > > > from me.

> > > > > 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for

my

> > > > > strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore

> > will I

> > > > > rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may

> > rest

> > > > > upon me.

> > > > > 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches,

in

> > > > > necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's

sake:

> > for

> > > > > when I am weak, then am I strong.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite

> > sites in one place.Try it now.

> >

> >

>

Thank You Val :o)I admire you for being so open and honest. I believe that prayer can be very powerful...here's some interesting info on the scientific benefits today and how studies show prayer can help people to overcome illness:The Scientific Benefits of Prayer

Did you know that 79 of the country's 125 medical schools now offer classes on prayer and medicine? Perhaps this is due in part to the over 100 studies that have shown prayer helps in the prevention and treatment of disease, according to Larry Dossey, MD. For instance, one study conducted at the Duke University Medical Center showed that heart patients who were prayed for, by prayer gatherings of people from around the world, were more likely to recover with fewer complications than those who were not prayed for at all. Interestingly enough, the patients didn't have to know they were being prayed for to benefit from the prayers and according to Dossey, the power of prayer worked across all religions and systems of belief. Even plants, bacteria and mice respond beneficially to prayer in these various studies. The most important factor was the empathy, love and compassion felt and projected by the person doing the praying. But prayer is not just good medicine for others. It is also a powerful health and energy booster for us. Research suggests that those with a strong spiritual faith live longer and happier lives, are more likely to overcome adversity, are better able to deal with physical pain and recover faster and stronger from heart and hip surgeries. Prayer is the ultimate energizer and like everything in the universe it is a form of energy that we give, direct and receive. So what can you do to experience the scientific benefits of prayer? Simply take time each day to pray for others and pray for yourself. Just remember to not only say the words but also feel the empathy, love and compassion in your heart. When we do this, we benefit and the world benefits together. All the best,andraTo: Soundsensitivity Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 10:45:43 PMSubject: Re: I dropped into Church last week.

I make it a point not to compartmentalize my faith. I want God in all parts of my life, not just when it's politically correct. I do not want to offend anyone either, but if this is a group where we exchange truthfully about our successes and failures, I would be wrong not to share this with you. I hope more of us will pray for help. Prayer works. I would hate to think we can discuss such personal problems with each other yet not share what is working because of reactions. I have been wanting to talk about this for a while but wasn't sure how to bring it up. With three little ones at home with me I never took the time to sit and write about it and I regret that. I am glad this can of worms has been opened.

I am Roman Catholic. Lately, I have been praying more specifically for God to help me with this "Thorn in my side." I have been asking Him to heal me and to help me carry my cross if that's what's best for me. I have been praying for ALL of US who suffer with this problem. God loves us all.

Lastly, through therapy, I have begun to unravel MY version of this complex problem. And I am doing better! In my case, it seems to have been "brought on" as a pre-teen living in a very stressful home with little regard for my personal dignity. I also have several family members with OCD and have been told that this problem falls within the OCD spectrum (in my case). So, between the stress and shame I felt and the tendency towards OCD this problem grew.

I hope I am not being misconstrued as "holier than thou." I just want to share what I know and help us all towards true peace. I am feeling so much better these days and I wish the same for all of you... "believers" or not.

God Bless,

Val

I did not find the email offensive, although I didn’t actually read the scripture because it doesn’t usually speak to me. However, I WAS offended by the intolerance and rudeness shown to someone who was simply sharing something that helped them. The statements “spare the rest of us” and “we don’t need that here” were very presumptuous – you don’t know that it didn’t help someone in the group. There are 800 of us and one or two people cannot speak for the group. I agree that if you aren’t helped by something, it is very simple to delete the email and move on. There is no need to be rude. This is a support group, shouldn’t we be supportive of anything that helps any of us (even one) deal with this problem?

Reply-To: <Soundsensitivity >

Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:33:13 -0000

To: <Soundsensitivity >

Subject: Re: I dropped into Church last week.

I am sorry but if this becomes a regular topic, as much as I love

this group, I am leaving. I hated the condesending remark about how

we should just 'delete the topics that have church in them' and to

not 'take the time to indirectly say how we feel about religion'.

Here is as direct as I can get.. Keep your religion out of my face!!

I want support for my hearing issues! It's not like people don't know

that churches and bibles exist! Why don't you start a religious 4S

group and spare the rest of us?

I am angry at and hurt by christianity, it's not harmless. I will not

make my case for that statement because this is not the appropriate

place for that.

Who cares about an occasional God Bless or whatever, but quoting the

Bible? THE REST OF THE WORLD IS NOT ALL CHRISTIAN and this is not the

place to 'share the gosphel' and do your recruiting!

> > > > >

> > > > > From: xl_cheese24 <xl_cheese24@ yahoo.com>

> > > > > Subject: I dropped into Church last week.

> > > > > To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com

> > > > > Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:44 AM

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For

whatever

> > > > reason

> > > > > it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my

> > reactions to

> > > > > triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still

recognize

> > > > the

> > > > > sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very

quick

> > now.

> > > > > I feel like I've been reset to a point to where I still

have the

> > > > > problem, but all the psychological junk attached to it has

been

> > > > > greatly suppressed.

> > > > >

> > > > > 1 Corinthians 10:13 (King Version)

> > > > >

> > > > > 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common

to

> > man:

> > > > > but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted

above

> > > > that

> > > > > ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to

> > > > escape,

> > > > > that ye may be able to bear it.

> > > > >

> > > > > 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (King Version)

> > > > >

> > > > > 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the

> > abundance

> > > > of

> > > > > the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the

flesh, the

> > > > > messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted

above

> > > > > measure.

> > > > > 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might

depart

> > > > > from me.

> > > > > 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for

my

> > > > > strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore

> > will I

> > > > > rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may

> > rest

> > > > > upon me.

> > > > > 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches,

in

> > > > > necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's

sake:

> > for

> > > > > when I am weak, then am I strong.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite

> > sites in one place.Try it now.

> >

> >

>

Iclifton22 I totally empathise with you on this one.

I am here like you, for support on my 4s issue and my goal is to surround myself by people who can offer any help, in a rational way. If I was to find this group endorsing irrational techniques, I, like you will also consider leaving the group.

When something personal works for someone then that's great and I'm glad to hear it, but it's only personal and is not scientific. So when someone says definitively that "Prayer works" rather than "Prayer works for some" we start to border on the irrational. It's like saying "Placebo works." We want evidence when a statement is made definitively because if prayer works for 4s then I obviously have something other than 4s because since my twenty years of praying stopped in my late twenties, the ability to deal with my 4s has improved immensly.

So if I was to say that "Stopping prayer works" how would it be taken? Because it is true for me, the reason is because my mind has become clear, a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and as a result the 4s is easier to cope with.

I want to hear peoples stories and I want to hear facts as well, but I don't want to hear statements made as a fact over a personal opinion which is all it is, personal opinion.

My "personal opinion" is that religion is harmful and prevents true facts from being delivered and we only need to look at great historical figures such as Galileo to see how I came to my personal conclusion. This is history but even now, today, people are still pointing up to the sky towards heavenly beings when we know very well there is no such thing as up and down beyond our gravitational pull and if we point up, it's the same direction as pointing down for those on the opposite side of the world.

Let's talk about 4s but let's be rational, if jumping up and down three times and smearing your face with peanut butter is suggested as helping 4s then this would be met with trepidation, so why should the idea of prayer be any different? I cannot say the peanut butter experiment doesn't work because I am yet to try it, but it might work for someone.

I think I have said enough, and now I shall go and and smear peanut butter over my face

Subject: Re: I dropped into Church last week.To: Soundsensitivity Received: Saturday, 6 December, 2008, 6:33 AM

I am sorry but if this becomes a regular topic, as much as I love this group, I am leaving. I hated the condesending remark about how we should just 'delete the topics that have church in them' and to not 'take the time to indirectly say how we feel about religion'. Here is as direct as I can get.. Keep your religion out of my face!!I want support for my hearing issues! It's not like people don't know that churches and bibles exist! Why don't you start a religious 4S group and spare the rest of us?I am angry at and hurt by christianity, it's not harmless. I will not make my case for that statement because this is not the appropriate place for that. Who cares about an occasional God Bless or whatever, but quoting the Bible? THE REST OF THE WORLD IS NOT ALL CHRISTIAN and this is not the place to 'share the gosphel' and do your recruiting!> > > > >> > > > > From: xl_cheese24 <xl_cheese24@ yahoo.com>> > > > > Subject: I dropped into Church last week.> > > > > To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com> > > > > Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:44 AM> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For whatever> > > > reason> > > > > it all seems to make sense now. I will say

that all my> > reactions to> > > > > triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still recognize> > > > the> > > > > sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very quick> > now.> > > > > I feel like I've been reset to a point to where I still have the> > > > > problem, but all the psychological junk attached to it has been> > > > > greatly suppressed.> > > > >> > > > > 1 Corinthians 10:13 (King Version)> > > > >> > > > > 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to> > man:> > > > > but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above> > > > that> > > > > ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way

to> > > > escape,> > > > > that ye may be able to bear it.> > > > >> > > > > 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (King Version)> > > > >> > > > > 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the> > abundance> > > > of> > > > > the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the> > > > > messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above> > > > > measure.> > > > > 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart> > > > > from me.> > > > > 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my> > > > > strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore> > will I> > > > > rather glory in my

infirmities, that the power of Christ may> > rest> > > > > upon me.> > > > > 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in> > > > > necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake:> > for> > > > > when I am weak, then am I strong.> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite > > sites in one place.Try it now.> >> >>

Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now.

As I stated in my previous post I am here to hear facts and personal opinion, so just to make sure the facts aren't being confused with the fiction which is prevelant whenever it comes to religious discussion, here is another report on the apparent study on prayer conducted by the Duke University Medical Center, which another poster has mentioned, however my report tells a different story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2003/10_october/15/does_prayer_work.shtml---

Subject: Re: Re: I dropped into Church last week.To: Soundsensitivity Received: Saturday, 6 December, 2008, 8:08 AM

Thank You Val :o)I admire you for being so open and honest. I believe that prayer can be very powerful...here' s some interesting info on the scientific benefits today and how studies show prayer can help people to overcome illness:

The Scientific Benefits of Prayer

Did you know that 79 of the country's 125 medical schools now offer classes on prayer and medicine? Perhaps this is due in part to the over 100 studies that have shown prayer helps in the prevention and treatment of disease, according to Larry Dossey, MD.

For instance, one study conducted at the Duke University Medical Center showed that heart patients who were prayed for, by prayer gatherings of people from around the world, were more likely to recover with fewer complications than those who were not prayed for at all. Interestingly enough, the patients didn't have to know they were being prayed for to benefit from the prayers and according to Dossey, the power of prayer worked across all religions and systems of belief. Even plants, bacteria and mice respond beneficially to prayer in these various studies. The

most important factor was the empathy, love and compassion felt and projected by the person doing the praying.

But prayer is not just good medicine for others. It is also a powerful health and energy booster for us. Research suggests that those with a strong spiritual faith live longer and happier lives, are more likely to overcome adversity, are better able to deal with physical pain and recover faster and stronger from heart and hip surgeries. Prayer is the ultimate energizer and like everything in the universe it is a form of energy that we give, direct and receive.

So what can you do to experience the scientific benefits of prayer? Simply take time each day to pray for others and pray for yourself. Just remember to not only say the words but also feel the empathy, love and compassion in your heart. When we do this, we benefit and the world benefits together. All the best,andra

To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comSent: Friday, December 5, 2008 10:45:43 PMSubject: Re: I dropped into Church last week.

God Bless,

Val

Hi,Thanks for your email. I agree with you and I understand that there are many articles and studies out there that support the notion that prayer makes no "significant" difference upon the health of those that were prayed for. However, there are countless studies that show the remarkable effects of prayer (even the one that you sent below highlights "anomalies in the data" that indicate that "prayer may help to reduce patients' distress levels".)However, I am not trying to "win" by being right, this is not a battle. All I was attempting to do is to urge everyone to just be more accepting and respectful of our differences in beliefs, experiences and opinions (whether religious or not). I am not trying to start an argument or try to prove or disprove

anything. I would just like us to consider one another with respect and if we don't share an opinion to just agree to disagree and move on. I think it is detrimental for the group to ask people to censor or curtail the emails or personal experiences that have made them better able to cope with this condition. I don't however think it is unfair to ask people to respect, ignore or delete an email that they may not agree with.Thank you and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :o)andraTo: Soundsensitivity Sent: Saturday, December 6, 2008 12:32:50 PMSubject: Re: Re: I dropped into Church last week.

As I stated in my previous post I am here to hear facts and personal opinion, so just to make sure the facts aren't being confused with the fiction which is prevelant whenever it comes to religious discussion, here is another report on the apparent study on prayer conducted by the Duke University Medical Center, which another poster has mentioned, however my report tells a different story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2003/10_october/15/does_prayer_work.shtml---

Subject: Re: Re: I dropped into Church last week.To: Soundsensitivity Received: Saturday, 6 December, 2008, 8:08 AM

Thank You Val :o)I admire you for being so open and honest. I believe that prayer can be very powerful...here' s some interesting info on the scientific benefits today and how studies show prayer can help people to overcome illness:

The Scientific Benefits of Prayer

Did you know that 79 of the country's 125 medical schools now offer classes on prayer and medicine? Perhaps this is due in part to the over 100 studies that have shown prayer helps in the prevention and treatment of disease, according to Larry Dossey, MD.

For instance, one study conducted at the Duke University Medical Center showed that heart patients who were prayed for, by prayer gatherings of people from around the world, were more likely to recover with fewer complications than those who were not prayed for at all. Interestingly enough, the patients didn't have to know they were being prayed for to benefit from the prayers and according to Dossey, the power of prayer worked across all religions and systems of belief. Even plants, bacteria and mice respond beneficially to prayer in these various

studies. The

most important factor was the empathy, love and compassion felt and projected by the person doing the praying.

But prayer is not just good medicine for others. It is also a powerful health and energy booster for us. Research suggests that those with a strong spiritual faith live longer and happier lives, are more likely to overcome adversity, are better able to deal with physical pain and recover faster and stronger from heart and hip surgeries. Prayer is the ultimate energizer and like everything in the universe it is a form of energy that we give, direct and receive.

So what can you do to experience the scientific benefits of prayer? Simply take time each day to pray for others and pray for yourself. Just remember to not only say the words but also feel the empathy, love and compassion in your heart. When we do this, we benefit and the world benefits together. All the best,andra

To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comSent: Friday, December 5, 2008 10:45:43 PMSubject: Re: I dropped into Church last week.

God Bless,

Val