RemedySpot.com

RE: Sexual Cpmponent

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It just goes to the theory that it could be genetic. If you were identical and he didn't have it, then it would pretty much blow the genetic theory.

Thanks,

Kathy

Sexual Cpmponent

God..I just WISH someone could figure out WHY there is a sexual component to mouth noises and 4S! This has been my problem since early puberty, and I almost cannot take it anymore. Unfortunately (or fortunatley, depending on how you look at it), my trigger is soley mouth noises; primarily gum chewing, which is an incessant, repetitive mouth sound. I am hyper-vigilant when entering a room; always looking for the people who are chewing gum so I can stay away even though I wind up looking at them, fixated on their repugnant chewing, for some strange reason. The problem is, there are so many triggers to 4S, and some feel actual pain, whereas others of us are just in phsychological discomfort. andra, I understand you completely, and I have brought up the sexual component (feeling a twinge down "there"..but NOT pain) in the past, and others have responded that they have similar feelings, but like almost everything else with 4S, there just don't seem to be any answers! All we can do is hope!> > > >> > > > > > I saw a therapist for a while as a teenager, when my first 4S > symptoms started - - - she > > > suspected that I had witnessed a "primal scene" as a very young > child or baby (that is, I > > saw - > > > and more importantly head - my parents - aaack! - "in the act") - > and that the "trauma" > > had > > > manifested itself as this intense aversion to certain very human > sounds - chewing, > > sniffing, > > > throat clearing. Even then I was dubious - I knew that many > children in the world lived > > in > > > one room houses where they had no doubt "witnessed primal > scenes," and I doubted > > highly > > > that they were "traumatized" in the same way. With what I know > today about the genetic > > > component of so many of these related disorders - Sensory > Integration Disorder, > > autism, > > > Tourette's, OCD and of course, 4S - I do not think there is any > psychological trauma that > > > contributes. Maybe a dysfunctional family situation adds to the > feelings of rage and > > > helplessness - but I don't think it causes it. Any other Freudian-> type diagnoses people > > have > > > received over the years???> > > > > > Kate in NY> > >> >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ___> AOL Email goes Mobile! You can now read your AOL Emails whilst on the move. Sign up for a free AOL Email account with unlimited storage today.>