RemedySpot.com

disconcerting sensation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I know there's lots of theories floating around about what causes 4s such as OCD, Post Traumatic Stress, Ear infections, Psycho issues, and the like. I just find it hard to agree that it's purely psychological and not neurological. And here's why:Today I was at Best Buy waiting for an associate to help me and I had to stand there for quite some time. There was another customer there walking up and down the aisle looking at the large array of televisions. Y'know how they have one whole wall dedicated to tv's? Anyway... he had this rip/snort but Dry sniff that happened chronically about every two minutes and he walked up and down, up and down, just looking at the tv's so stupidly. He didn't even have a purpose. Which made me SO ANGRY...you know we get. Anyway, the point of all this is

to say that when he would sniff, I had the very distinct and disconcerting sensation like my entire central nervous system was being disrupted. It wasn't just dislike. It was very painful physical sensation that set my skin on edge! I couldn't think a thought! It was like...for that moment...my brain was scrambled! It's like when you're watching a movie or dvd on tv and actually change that special channel it has to be on so the whole screen goes slanty and weird and makes that awful buzzing sound. Know what I mean? I felt...disrupted, jarred, electrocuted. It was AWFUL. It wasn't a Dislike. It wasn't an annoyance. My nerves were like being interuppted or something. UGH...shudders.

Anyway, that's my disconcerting experience today.

I feel this way also, I even find myself involuntarily twitching at times!AleandraTo: Soundsensitivity Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 8:54:17 AMSubject: Re:disconcerting sensation

That's how it makes me feel too, Tammy, like my nerves are being overloaded. It's definitely a primitive-brain wiring problem, at least in part.

I think when notifying doctors or researchers about this condition that this information is so important to express to them. I know that I have read many times on this site that people have this reaction I definitely think it is a clue to what is causing this.

I know in the insect world I learned that their was some sort of beetle that totally gets its nervous system disrupted with certain frequencies, but I can't remember the specifics. When I hear of this reaction to 4s noises, it always makes me think of that beetle!

Kathy Howe

-----Original Message-----From: Soundsensitivity [mailto:Soundsensitivity ]On Behalf Of Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 6:54 PMTo: Soundsensitivity Subject: Re:disconcerting sensation

That's how it makes me feel too, Tammy, like my nerves are being overloaded. It's definitely a primitive-brain wiring problem, at least in part.