RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: have a question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I know how you feel, I also have to be "hypervigilant" when in public and it drives me crazy...I can't relax or focus. On the train I can't read, for some reason I feel the need to "keep watch" as if someone was ready to attack and I have to be on guard. it's very tiring and debilitating...especially when I was in school and I had to try and focus on the class...aaaaarrrghhh!To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 2:20:52 PMSubject: Re: have a question

Sometimes, the sounds catch me off guard and I react after theystart--often, this is the worst feeling, being caught off guard.But more often, I'm constantly alert and watching for possibleoffenders. Some people eating loudly? Sit somewhere else. Gum chomper?Cross the hall and walk as far away from them as possible. Name thenoise, and I'm constantly watching for it. I notice when people reachinto their purses and pray they're not going for gum or a mint.I think after a while it's hard not to be hypervigilant; you just wantto protect yourself from the sounds, but in doing so you only noticemore of them.>> I h ave a question about symptoms. Does everybody find that they are > constantly on edge, anticipating

the noises ?? Or do the noises bother > you only when they actually occur and can you be relaxed at ok even if > you are in the same room with the person?>------------------------------------PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you. MJ