RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Watch THE DOCTORS tomorrow. Story on Family with DS child.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

They don't go to the same high school, not even in the same school district...and there are only 4 football teams in the area so far, so that's why they ended up on the same team.

Inclusion is still an anomoly here--- isn't technically 'fully included' in high school--he's in 'modified' academic classes---same subjects, same curriculum as the regular ed classes, but modified for all students, then modified a little more for --there are football players and cheerleaders in his classes, and they are on a diploma track, but are having a hard time in certain subjects or all subjects. He is in regular Drama and PE classes, and next semester he will be the assistant for the baseball team again.

The Down Syndrome Association of Orange County has a monthly teen night, they also have a Karate instructor and and see each other there and invited to his birthday party.

, Mom to 15, DS, Southern California"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it!"-------Chas

Diagnosis Down Syndrome: A Site of Hope for New Parents or Parents with a Prenatal Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/What to Say to Parents of a Child with a Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/speech.html

[DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Re: Watch THE DOCTORS tomorrow. Story on Family with DS child.

Wow ,That is so cool. I know has a lot of typical friends but does he and ever hang out? I find it amazing that both of them started out fully included that long ago and end up in the same high school or at least the same football team. Maybe it's just because my side of the country (I'm in NC) is so far behind the curve. You can't hardly find young children in inclusion none the less jr. high or high school.> He told them in those final minutes that they had it all wrong and > were going in the complete wrong direction and were going to bring the > wrath of the DS community down on them...Heee, hee. He knows how we are. I'm glad he was there to intercept their sinister plans. ;-)Hope