RemedySpot.com

RE: Do People With Down syndrome Suffer?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow, this was great, Kristy.

DownSyndromeInfoExchange

[mailto:DownSyndromeInfoExchange ] On Behalf Of Kristy

Colvin

Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:13 PM

To: asianparentsgroup ; down-syndrome ;

downsyndrome ; downsyndromeinfoexchange ;

downsyndromeparents ; ds_teens_plus ; ;

Teen Plus; mosaicds ; upsndowns

Subject: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Do People With Down syndrome Suffer?

Do People With Down syndrome

Suffer?

mosaicmoments.today.com

Submitted: Just now! - I

received the question, Do people with Ds suffer? My answer-Yes, but not the

way most people think they do. Read on to find out what people with Ds suffer

from, and please pass this on.

» Full Story on

mosaicmoments.today.com

Kristy Colvin

IMDSA President

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

International Mosaic Down Syndrome Association

PH:

Toll Free: 1-888-MDS-LINK

http://www.imdsa.org

http://www.mosaicmoments.today.com

Kristy,

What a great reply.... so very true!

I've been asked if I have suffered since having my son." My answer was "Yeah, due to the ignorance of society towards my son and Down syndrome."

When asked IF he KNOWS what is going on around him,especially when he is being starred at or just plain ignored, my reply was...

"He is a human being who does possess the capability of distinguishing the difference of being an accepted member of his surroundings." He may not verbally be understood but his demeanor is quite visable."

I've got to add, this question was presented to me on Halloween. "Does your son know why he is going Trick or Treating?" I told him,"Watch and Listen." Matt went up to the door, rang the doorbell, a woman came out and he said, "Hi there, Trick or Treat!!!"After he received a goodie bag of treats(which he checked out immediately) his reply was signing, 'thank you' in sync with saying the word.Then "Ah, no more candy? just the bag?" bye.

The stranger laughed and said he didn't mean to sound so dumb, he quessed ALL kids knew what Trick or Treat meant. I told him "Don't let the face fool you!"

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

Thanks be unto GOD for HE is GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

smom

"Where there is passion and a fire burning in your heart, there is hope..."

"I cannot do everything, but still I can do something." Ms. Helen Keller

Subject: RE: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Do People With Down syndrome Suffer?To: DownSyndromeInfoExchange Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 9:49 PM

Wow, this was great, Kristy.

From: DownSyndromeInfoExc hange@yahoogroup s.com [mailto:DownSyndrom eInfoExchange@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Kristy ColvinSent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:13 PMTo: asianparentsgroup@ yahoogroups. com; down-syndrome@ yahoogroups. com; downsyndrome@ yahoogroups. com; downsyndromeinfoexc hange@yahoogroup s.com; downsyndromeparents @yahoogroups. com; ds_teens_plus@ yahoogroups. com; @yahoogrou ps.com; Teen Plus; mosaicds@yahoogroup s.com; upsndowns@yahoogrou ps.comSubject: [DownSyndromeInfoEx change] Do People With Down syndrome Suffer?

Do People With Down syndrome Suffer?

mosaicmoments. today.com

Submitted: Just now! - I received the question, Do people with Ds suffer? My answer-Yes, but not the way most people think they do. Read on to find out what people with Ds suffer from, and please pass this on.

» Full Story on mosaicmoments. today.com

Kristy Colvin IMDSA President ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ International Mosaic Down Syndrome Association PH: Toll Free: 1-888-MDS-LINK http://www.imdsa. org http://www.mosaicmo ments.today. com