RemedySpot.com

Re: Ian's sleep study

Rate this topic

Guest guest

-

I was right there with you, afraid of surgery. When they explained to me the stress the apnea was placing on my son's heart, I was able to reconcile myself to the surgery. After the surgery we saw so many improvements in all areas, particularly growth. You forget how important solid sleep is to growth! There was also great cognitive growth once it was resolved.

Mind you I'm not saying the surgery was easy to get through. I bawled my way through it and recovery wasn't fun. In the end the surgery was worth both my grief and my poor baby's suffering. nnaMommy to Freddie 7yrsFull Inclusion 1st Grade"We can change the world one classroom at a time" - Gail on

Subject: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Ian's sleep studyTo: DownSyndromeInfoExchange Date: Saturday, December 6, 2008, 12:41 AM

We got the results of Ina's sleep study. He has mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea. He scored an 11 on their scale. He had 50 episodes of apnea in an hour during his rem sleep. We were to see an ENT on the 22nd of Jan but today the reschedule to the 11th of Dec. Kind of nervous as to what the ENT will say. Not looking forward to any surgery though.mama to 10 with ADHD inattentive and Wolfgang Ian 8 with DS, repaired AVSD, hypothyroidism, obstructive sleep apnea and basically an awesome kid!

Hi ,

My daughter had severe obstructive sleep apnea and had a T & A in the beginning of October. While I was a nervous wreck over the surgery [she was actually a champ and did wonderfully] it has been like night and day for her since the surgery. What an incredible difference in her sleep and thus her energy and growth.

The one piece of advise I was given was to stay on top of the pain medications, and I would pass that one on to you.

Good luck to you and Ian.

Peace, Tara Marie Hintz [Happy Momma to Emma Sage and her siblings]

http://www.emmasage.blogspot.com

We got the results of Ina's sleep study. He has mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea. He scored an 11 on their scale. He had 50 episodes of apnea in an hour during his rem sleep. We were to see an

ENT on the 22nd of Jan but today the reschedule to the 11th of Dec. Kind of nervous as to what the ENT will say. Not looking forward to any surgery though.mama to 10 with ADHD inattentive and Wolfgang Ian 8 with DS,

repaired AVSD, hypothyroidism, obstructive sleep apnea and basically an awesome kid!

I say ditto to what Tara wrote. Although Hunter only had moderate sleep apnea.

Patty

Re: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Ian's sleep study

Hi ,

My daughter had severe obstructive sleep apnea and had a T & A in the beginning of October. While I was a nervous wreck over the surgery [she was actually a champ and did wonderfully] it has been like night and day for her since the surgery. What an incredible difference in her sleep and thus her energy and growth.

The one piece of advise I was given was to stay on top of the pain medications, and I would pass that one on to you.

Good luck to you and Ian.

Peace, Tara Marie Hintz [Happy Momma to Emma Sage and her siblings]

http://www.emmasage.blogspot.com

We got the results of Ina's sleep study. He has mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea. He scored an 11 on their scale. He had 50 episodes of apnea in an hour during his rem sleep. We were to see an ENT on the 22nd of Jan but today the reschedule to the 11th of Dec. Kind of nervous as to what the ENT will say. Not looking forward to any surgery though.mama to 10 with ADHD inattentive and Wolfgang Ian 8 with DS, repaired AVSD, hypothyroidism, obstructive sleep apnea and basically an awesome kid!

To families who have had the tonsil surgery: did your Dr. say that

your child's tonsils were enlarged? We just had an appt. with our

ENT Dr. and I asked about tonsils. 's tonsils are not

enlarged and the Dr. would rather not take them out if not

necessary. We attempted a sleep study but terminated it due to the

patient's ()distress. He was scared. He gets up every night

at least once but usually goes back to sleep.

Marsha

>

> We got the results of Ina's sleep study. He has mild to

moderate

> obstructive sleep apnea. He scored an 11 on their scale. He had

> episodes of apnea in an hour during his rem sleep. We were to

see an

> ENT on the 22nd of Jan but today the reschedule to the 11th of

Dec.

> Kind of nervous as to what the ENT will say. Not looking

forward to

> any surgery though.

>

>

>

> mama to 10 with ADHD inattentive and Wolfgang Ian 8 with

DS,

> repaired AVSD, hypothyroidism, obstructive sleep apnea and

basically

> an awesome kid!

>

Hunter's were not enlarged but it still made a huge difference in his sleep apnea once they were out.

Patty

[DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Re: Ian's sleep study

To families who have had the tonsil surgery: did your Dr. say that your child's tonsils were enlarged?