RemedySpot.com

Re:New Member!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome !

At 18 months of age Nate had both PT and OT discontinued and we were trying to get Speech therapy back but will a shortage of therapist and his SLP being sick we had to settle for a bit with just a Developmental teacher. I like you felt she added no value at the time and was doing nothing different than I was doing playing with Nate. However, she was another adult interacting with him. I should have in hindsight asked for a different DT but I just plugged along with her and cancelled her many months like during the Summer and the Christmas Holidays. There were "no center base therapy programs" offered via our local b-3 program. However, after Nate aged out I learned I could have obtained private therapy at a center.

Nate turned 4 in September. He is talking in short sentences and language is just exploding for him. Never, know what is going to pop out. Language has seamed to be a slow process. He like your son had a dozen words or so at 18 months of age. He can do some signs but he is stubborn and prefers not do. However, learning his ABC's now I find that he recalls the actions/words with starfalls program. It is very multisensory and catchy. A great way to learn ABC's and letter sounds. www.starfall.com Nate is pretty good with my touch pad on my laptop.

Nate is still not delayed enough for PT or OT. His play skills are age appropriate. He is working at acquiring the cognitive skills He of a 36 month old. Right now his skills are scattered. He does know and understand the age appropriate concepts. He just needs to learn all his letters, numbers and shapes. He has another year of preschool so he has time to get ready for Kindergarten.

My older kids are gifted with their own quirks so I can relate. So far I find Nate to be my easiest child. His only big issue is...he gave up eating at age 2 1/2! He now just takes pediasure by a bottle. Yes, I have a 4 year old with a bottle! My only bottle child. He recently started accepting purees but really isn't swallowing them but it is a step and I am hopeful it will lead to more eating in the near future.

Welcome again!

Sherry

Mom to Evan(8), Olivia(7), and (4)*

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has

never tried anything new."--Albert Einstein