RemedySpot.com

Re: NeuroDevelopmental Approach to Therapy/Learning - NACD, IAHP, & ICAN

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Another website that includes materials in Spanish (including flashcards with pictures) is www.edhelper.com . I believe the memebership fee is $19.95 per year. You can look at some examples without paying. On the home page towards the bottom under "Languages" click on Spanish and then choose a thematic unit. You can then scroll through the different activities. This weekend I will look through my "Teacher Closet" in the basement and email you some of the publishers I used. Hope this helps.

Christy

> >> >  > > Hi Christy:> >  > > I have done the program from the ihap, however not in the US. There is an Institute in Brazil that offers this program but from what I have seen, I think it is a little different from the one in the USA.> >  > > I liked it. From the beginning my husband and I decided that we would do it until turned 3 years old, because it is a very time consuming program and this is the age that my other sons started school, however; the 3 years came and I continue with it as it has gotten easier to do and I am able to do it even with going to school.> >  > > I saw huge gains in mobility. was almost 7 months and even though he had physiotherapy (3 times per week) and OT since he was 20 days old, he would not move. There was no toy, light or music that would encourage him to make the least effort to advance. was VERY Hypotonic.> > Within the first month of the program he started moving forward on the floor (crawling or creeping I never know the correct word- moving like a soldier on the ground).  Then he went on to creeping? On hands and knees and from there to walking.> > He did not do this in â€Å"record� time or before other kids with DS but I can say that he gained a very good posture and stability, and there is the underlying gain in the development of the Central Nervous System that comes from going thru the stages and doing the correct movements (crawling, creeping, walking, etc)> > Today, at age 3, he walks 1.5 to 2 kilometers in 30 to 45 minutes every day, and he enjoys it which is the most important thing. > > The program includes reading, math, and many other stimulus that I found important, that I enjoyed doing with my son and I found that made us closer; however, I have heard from other families that tried the program and had the opposite experience.  For them it was a hardship and a source of stress for the family.> > It is a lot of work, specially if like me, you have to make  the materials for the reading program (I do it in Spanish and there is little available to buy). For the rest you need to be very organized and follow a schedule to be able to complete the program, depending on what is proposed for your son. Every program is different depending on where, developmentally, the child is.> > What I would recommend is for you to read the book â€Å"what to do about your brain injured child� from Glenn Doman and then decide.> > I saw other kids at the Institute that advanced more and improved faster than my son, but then again, just this week I have been told by a neurologist that there is a strong indication that my son may be within the autistic spectrum.> > In ’s blog, http://danielgdelj. multiply. com  there are various videos of him doing â€Å"math� and other things that are included in the program.> > If you wish to ask any particular question, feel free.> > Jannette> > > >  > >  > > --- Em seg, 1/12/08, kayc0911 kayc0911@ escreveu:> > > > De: kayc0911 kayc0911@> > Assunto: [DownSyndromeInfoEx change] NeuroDevelopmental Approach to Therapy/Learning - NACD, IAHP, & ICAN> > Para: DownSyndromeInfoExc hange@yahoogroup s.com> > Data: Segunda-feira, 1 de Dezembro de 2008, 3:56> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I was just wondering if any of you are using (or have used in the past) services provided by any of these organizations - NACD - National Association for Child Development (www.nacd.org) , IAHP - Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential (www.iahp.org) , or ICAN - International Christian Association of Neurodevelopmentali sts (www.icando. org), or any other Neurodevelopmental program? My son is 14 months old and we are considering using one of these home programs. Any feedback you have - positive or negative - will be appreciated.> > Thank you!> > Christy> >  > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Veja quais são os assuntos do momento no Yahoo! +Buscados> > http://br.maisbusca dos.yahoo. com> >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Veja quais são os assuntos do momento no Yahoo! +Buscados> http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com>