RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: If 4S IS genetic, is it more prevalent in certain ethnicities?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

is it me or are the fathers the ones passing the gene???? from what ive seen it seems that the fathers side was always the one to pass the gene

Subject: Re: If 4S IS genetic, is it more prevalent in certain ethnicities?To: Soundsensitivity Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 12:46 AM

My mothers ancestors are from Ireland and Denmark. My fathers ancestors are from England and Switzerland. My father and I have OCD and anxiety. My sister, brother, 2 nieces, and myself all have been diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder. My mother, sister, one niece and myself have 4S. What a nutty family tree eh? LOL.>> Just a thought... And this is not any "politically incorrect" theme> I'm aiming for here, it is simply in the name of science.> > If 4S IS in fact genetic, is it by any chance more prevalent in> certain ethnicities?> > I was just wondering. Maybe there is something in the genetic makeup> of certain ethnicities that makes us more prevalent.> >

I am of mixed European descent. My father's side is Eastern European> and French. My mother's side is Irish and German.> > Yet, my father seems to have been an OCD sufferer most of his life. > Now that I think about it, he has always been prone to fits of rage> and sounds were among the things to set him off. He mentioned that> his Eastern European father was prone to fits of rage too.> > Anyone else willing to share their ethnic makeup? Mabye if we see a> pattern among responses, we could look into it more.> > Thanks,> > Charlene>

You may be on to something there......My sister's 4S definately came from our father's side as our cousin on his side also has 4S.

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 9:46:44 PMSubject: Re: Re: If 4S IS genetic, is it more prevalent in certain ethnicities?

is it me or are the fathers the ones passing the gene???? from what ive seen it seems that the fathers side was always the one to pass the gene

From: Darlene <gizziecookie@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: If 4S IS genetic, is it more prevalent in certain ethnicities?To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 12:46 AM

My mothers ancestors are from Ireland and Denmark. My fathers ancestors are from England and Switzerland. My father and I have OCD and anxiety. My sister, brother, 2 nieces, and myself all have been diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder. My mother, sister, one niece and myself have 4S. What a nutty family tree eh? LOL.>> Just a thought... And this is not any "politically incorrect" theme> I'm aiming for here, it is simply in the name of science.> > If 4S IS in fact genetic, is it by any chance more prevalent in> certain ethnicities?> > I was just wondering. Maybe there is something in the genetic makeup> of certain

ethnicities that makes us more prevalent.> > I am of mixed European descent. My father's side is Eastern European> and French. My mother's side is Irish and German.> > Yet, my father seems to have been an OCD sufferer most of his life. > Now that I think about it, he has always been prone to fits of rage> and sounds were among the things to set him off. He mentioned that> his Eastern European father was prone to fits of rage too.> > Anyone else willing to share their ethnic makeup? Mabye if we see a> pattern among responses, we could look into it more.> > Thanks,> > Charlene>

I'm half Irish, half Irish-Scot-European mongrel.

= M-F.

----- Original Message -----

> My mothers ancestors are from Ireland and Denmark. My fathers

> ancestors are from England and Switzerland. My father and I have OCD

> and anxiety. My sister, brother, 2 nieces, and myself all have been

> diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder. My mother, sister, one niece

> and myself have 4S. What a nutty family tree eh? LOL.

I am of Middle Eastern ancestry and my friend with 4S is from Norway. There were some commonalities in our cultures and upbringing.

Re: Re: If 4S IS genetic, is it more prevalent in certain ethnicities?To: Soundsensitivity Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 5:00 PM

I'm half Irish, half Irish-Scot-European mongrel.= M-F.----- Original Message ----- From: "Darlene" <gizziecookie@ yahoo.com>> My mothers ancestors are from Ireland and Denmark. My fathers > ancestors are from England and Switzerland. My father and I have OCD > and anxiety. My sister, brother, 2 nieces, and myself all have been > diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder. My mother, sister, one niece > and myself have 4S. What a nutty family tree eh? LOL.