RemedySpot.com

I dropped into Church last week

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There are a lot of topics and conversations that come up with which I disagree but I've come to learn that it's okay to just ignore them or simply delete them. Sometimes, we learn from these conversations things we may have never considered.

I don't feel anyone was trying to "recruit"; but was just excited to share something that worked for them. It may not work for you; but maybe someone else would benefit.

Sometimes our bad or negative experiences with something make us more sensitive to things. I personally think hypnosis is ridiculous; but I read about how it's helped some and am glad someone has found relief.

This is not intended to be condescending by any means. I'm glad people feel free to share without judgement. That is the true meaning of support and I think this group has been very supportive.

Debi

I am sorry but if this becomes a regular topic, as much as I love this group, I am leaving. I hated the condescending remark about how we should just 'delete the topics that have church in them' and to not 'take the time to indirectly say how we feel about religion'. Here is as direct as I can get.. Keep your religion out of my face!!I want support for my hearing issues! It's not like people don't know that churches and bibles exist! Why don't you start a religious 4S group and spare the rest of us?I am angry at and hurt by christianity, it's not harmless. I will not make my case for that statement because this is not the appropriate place for that. Who cares about an occasional God Bless or whatever, but quoting the Bible? THE REST OF THE WORLD IS NOT ALL CHRISTIAN and this is not the place to 'share the gosphel' and do your recruiting!> > > > >> > > > > From: xl_cheese24 <xl_cheese24@ yahoo.com>> > > > > Subject: I dropped into Church last week.> > > > > To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com> > > > > Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:44 AM> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I went in years past, but never opened up to it. For whatever> > > > reason> > > > > it all seems to make sense now. I will say that all my> > reactions to> > > > > triggers sounds have been GREATLY reduced. I can still recognize> > > > the> > > > > sounds, but the negative thoughts and feelings pass very quick> > now.> > > > > I feel like I've been reset to a point to where I still have the> > > > > problem, but all the psychological junk attached to it has been> > > > > greatly suppressed.> > > > >> > > > > 1 Corinthians 10:13 (King Version)> > > > >> > > > > 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to> > man:> > > > > but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above> > > > that> > > > > ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to> > > > escape,> > > > > that ye may be able to bear it.> > > > >> > > > > 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (King Version)> > > > >> > > > > 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the> > abundance> > > > of> > > > > the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the> > > > > messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above> > > > > measure.> > > > > 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart> > > > > from me.> > > > > 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my> > > > > strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore> > will I> > > > > rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may> > rest> > > > > upon me.> > > > > 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in> > > > > necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake:> > for> > > > > when I am weak, then am I strong.> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite > > sites in one place.Try it now.> >> >> Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.