this was unpleasant, to the point where the synapses and connections

just kept firing this signal back to us. Much like chronic pain,

whose signals go to the emotional part of the brain. That is why when

you have chronic pain versus acute pain, you get angry and upset. it

is a brain problem, not a pain problem. Also you get depressed from

chronic pain for the same reasson. How to change the synapses? don't

know. I do know that a lot of people with 4S, myself included, have

been on antidepressants for a long time because of OCD and it has not

helped the 4S but maybe there is another answer.

I still think this situation is complicated and complex, and will

require multiple therapies at the same time to make progress. I don't

know if we can expect to be cured or free of the problem, perhaps

that is too unrealistic and then any gains we do make will not be

appreciated enough. I do plan on seeing Dr. Hall at Univ of FL. If he

cannot help me, then I have wasted $400,,, but I am going to give it

a shot.

Hi ,Wow, I can completely relate how you described 4s below. This is exactly how I envision that 4 works. I think that you are right and that a cure probably won't be easy but sometimes I think about the effects of simple food intolerance, vitamin deficiencies and allergies. Some of these can produce schizophrenia, multiple personality disorders and other emotional/neurological malfunctioning that can easily be fixed/cured with proper nutrition, diet or vitamins. I secretly hope that is what we all have so that we can all (one day soon) recover from this tormenting condition.I wish you all the best for your appointment with Dr Hall...do you have a date yet for when will you be going to see him?Love,andraTo: Soundsensitivity Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 8:53:22 AMSubject: Dr Moller

If Dr. Moller is correct in that he thinks 4S is in the emotional part of the brain here is a scenario:We heard sounds or a sound that for some reason or another, displeased us. Our emotional brain kept sending back signals that this was unpleasant, to the point where the synapses and connections just kept firing this signal back to us. Much like chronic pain, whose signals go to the emotional part of the brain. That is why when you have chronic pain versus acute pain, you get angry and upset. it is a brain problem, not a pain problem. Also you get depressed from chronic pain for the same reasson. How to change the synapses? don't know. I do know that a lot of people with 4S, myself included, have been on antidepressants for a long time because of OCD and it has not helped the 4S but maybe there is another answer.I still think this situation is complicated and complex, and will require

multiple therapies at the same time to make progress. I don't know if we can expect to be cured or free of the problem, perhaps that is too unrealistic and then any gains we do make will not be appreciated enough. I do plan on seeing Dr. Hall at Univ of FL. If he cannot help me, then I have wasted $400,,, but I am going to give it a shot.------------------------------------PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you. MJ