RemedySpot.com

Re: Is there a relation to bowels and lyme?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son gets this too, he always has a little there, he wipes throughout the day and is always sore. He swears he can't feel it. (until it is already there) He is 10 1/2. He will be starting IV therapy in Dec. We have a pre-op appointment on Dec. 3rd. My LLMD says that this will help tremendously. He is a mess with panic and anxiety dosorder. ADHD and bi-polar features. Extreme mood swings and angry outbursts. Has been on oral anitbiotics for a year now, no huge changes so chnging to IV.

Kari

Subject: Is there a relation to bowels and lyme?To: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 8:53 AM

My son always gets stool in his underwear.This morning, I was thinking if there is a relation to this with lyme.It just seems that he can't control or can't feel his bowels.

Officially, it's called encopresis. My son had this problem for a long time. Ultimately it had to do with a bowel impaction. Cleaning out the impaction cleared up the encopresis. When it came back we knew he'd developed another impaction. The bowel impaction also caused reflux--it backed up the whole "drain" to the top. Lyme could be behind the whole issue, but in the short term you can address the biomechanical problem with a clean out. If you have access to a pediatric GI doc, they are used to problems exactly like this.For the clean out when my son was 6 we used 1/2 of a dulcolax suppository once a day for 3 days, plus increased his magnesium, vit C and water.Good luck,JillSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "x_queen_of_the_rodeo_x" Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 15:53:36 -0000To: <BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism >Subject: Is there a relation to bowels and lyme? My son always gets stool in his underwear. This morning, I was thinking if there is a relation to this with lyme. It just seems that he can't control or can't feel his bowels.

I took my son to a GI doc. and she told me to use laxatives for 3-6 months on him daily then go down to a maintenance of 3-4 x's per week. I never did it and never went back. I am not the smartest girl on the block but I do not think that would have been good for him. I keep him on a daily colon cleanse to keep him regular but no laxatives. Anyone else think that this is a bad idea?

Kari

Subject: Re: Is there a relation to bowels and lyme?To: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 10:10 AM

Officially, it's called encopresis. My son had this problem for a long time. Ultimately it had to do with a bowel impaction. Cleaning out the impaction cleared up the encopresis. When it came back we knew he'd developed another impaction. The bowel impaction also caused reflux--it backed up the whole "drain" to the top. Lyme could be behind the whole issue, but in the short term you can address the biomechanical problem with a clean out. If you have access to a pediatric GI doc, they are used to problems exactly like this.For the clean out when my son was 6 we used 1/2 of a dulcolax suppository once a day for 3 days, plus increased his magnesium, vit C and water.Good luck,Jill

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

From: "x_queen_of_ the_rodeo_ x" Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 15:53:36 -0000To: <BorreliaMultipleInf ectionsAndAutism @yahoogroups. com>Subject: [borreliaMultipleIn fectionsAndAutis m] Is there a relation to bowels and lyme?

My son always gets stool in his underwear.This morning, I was thinking if there is a relation to this with lyme.It just seems that he can't control or can't feel his bowels.

We just did 3 days to clear out the impaction and then used--and still use-- magnesium and Vit C. The impaction was pretty significant in my son's case. Just sharing our experience.JillSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Kari Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 09:22:35 -0800 (PST)To: <BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism >Subject: Re: Is there a relation to bowels and lyme? I took my son to a GI doc. and she told me to use laxatives for 3-6 months on him daily then go down to a maintenance of 3-4 x's per week. I never did it and never went back. I am not the smartest girl on the block but I do not think that would have been good for him. I keep him on a daily colon cleanse to keep him regular but no laxatives. Anyone else think that this is a bad idea? KariFrom: jillrege <jillrege>Subject: Re: Is there a relation to bowels and lyme?To: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 10:10 AMOfficially, it's called encopresis. My son had this problem for a long time. Ultimately it had to do with a bowel impaction. Cleaning out the impaction cleared up the encopresis. When it came back we knew he'd developed another impaction. The bowel impaction also caused reflux--it backed up the whole "drain" to the top. Lyme could be behind the whole issue, but in the short term you can address the biomechanical problem with a clean out. If you have access to a pediatric GI doc, they are used to problems exactly like this.For the clean out when my son was 6 we used 1/2 of a dulcolax suppository once a day for 3 days, plus increased his magnesium, vit C and water.Good luck,JillSent via BlackBerry by AT & TFrom: "x_queen_of_ the_rodeo_ x" Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 15:53:36 -0000To: <BorreliaMultipleInf ectionsAndAutism @yahoogroups. com>Subject: [borreliaMultipleIn fectionsAndAutis m] Is there a relation to bowels and lyme?My son always gets stool in his underwear.This morning, I was thinking if there is a relation to this with lyme.It just seems that he can't control or can't feel his bowels.

Thanks for the information ladies.

I'm gonna try the magnesium, and I do have some vit C chewables.

I'm also thinking about getting some omega fish oil gummy vitamins.

>

>

> Subject: Re: Is there a

relation to bowels and lyme?

> To: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism

> Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 10:10 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Officially, it's called encopresis. My son had this problem for a

long time.. Ultimately it had to do with a bowel impaction. Cleaning

out the impaction cleared up the encopresis. When it came back we knew

he'd developed another impaction. The bowel impaction also caused

reflux--it backed up the whole " drain " to the top. Lyme could be

behind the whole issue, but in the short term you can address the

biomechanical problem with a clean out. If you have access to a

pediatric GI doc, they are used to problems exactly like this.

>

> For the clean out when my son was 6 we used 1/2 of a dulcolax

suppository once a day for 3 days, plus increased his magnesium, vit C

and water.

>

> Good luck,

>

> Jill

>

>

> Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

>

>

> From: " x_queen_of_ the_rodeo_ x "

> Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 15:53:36 -0000

> To: <BorreliaMultipleInf ectionsAndAutism @yahoogroups. com>

> Subject: [borreliaMultipleIn fectionsAndAutis m] Is there a relation

to bowels and lyme?

>

>

>

> My son always gets stool in his underwear.

>

> This morning, I was thinking if there is a relation to this with lyme.

> It just seems that he can't control or can't feel his bowels.

>

Oh, yes there is!

My daughter's condition requires Oxypowder (Magnesium) 1 cap every

night or her bowels will not move, It is believed that Lyme can damage

motility. Over 6+ years we'd tried everything under the sun in terms of

naturals and diet and treating allergies all of which are valid and

helpful. We tried to avoid being on a medication or laxitive every day

however as I learned more about Lyme I'd read that the bacteria thrive

on magnesium, that we as a population are generally deficient of

magnesium with our modern diets, magnesium is key to many metabolic

processes and supplementing magnesium (Oxypowder) does the trick then

we call it problem solved. It has been life changing, Bacteria build up

due to constipation does a number on your brain and body. She also

takes probiotics Theralc (not Threelac) and Reuteri both of which have

been transformative for her. I have similar digestive issues as does my

son. He's on the same probiotics but he takes Magnesium Glycinate.

Good luck.

>

> My son always gets stool in his underwear.

>

> This morning, I was thinking if there is a relation to this with lyme.

> It just seems that he can't control or can't feel his bowels.

>