broccoli exert a dual detoxifying effect that reduces the overall

toxic burden on the body by enhancing liver processes and interfering

with absorption of toxins from the intestinal tract. Dual Detox™ can

be used as an adjunct to short-term detoxification programs or for

daily detoxification support.

This feels like a great product. I am going to ask my husband to try

it next week.

Best to you.

Is chlorella safe to administer without a doctor's supervision?

Being from the ocean, couldn't it be contaminated with mercury to

begin with? If I go with hte tablets, how many would I safely give

a 31lb. child? What are the side effects? Could metals be loosened

and lodged elsewhere in the body? Thanks.

>

> My son's therapist recommended Chlorella as having had great detox

> efffects.

> I have been using DualDetox by ProThera for the past 3 weeks and

feel

> extremely clear headed (for a change!)

>

> I'll copy the product description:

>

> This advanced blend of green plant concentrates and enzymes helps

> protect our bodies against the chemicals we consume in our daily

> diets. Dual Detox™ is rich in chlorophylls from Chlorella and

> contains a unique concentrated broccoli extract high in

> glucosinolates and sulforaphane. The chlorophylls in Chlorella

form

> tight molecular complexes with a wide variety of toxic chemical

> compounds preventing their absorption from the gastrointestinal

> tract. A special thin-cell wall type of Chlorella, not broken-

cell,

> is used to protect the active compounds until ingested. A special

> blend of enzymes in Dual Detox™ then breaks down the Chlorella

cell

> wall and releases the active components. This high-potency enzyme

> blend also breaks down dietary allergens and irritants and can

help

> reduce Candida yeast activity in the intestinal tract by lysing

> Candida cell walls. Isothiocyanate compounds like sulforaphane in

> broccoli are potent inducers of phase 2 detoxification processes

in

> the liver. Most substances detoxified by the liver are released

into

> the bile for excretion through the intestinal tract. Chlorella

helps

> trap these toxins to avoid reabsorption. Together, Chlorella and

> broccoli exert a dual detoxifying effect that reduces the overall

> toxic burden on the body by enhancing liver processes and

interfering

> with absorption of toxins from the intestinal tract. Dual Detox™

can

> be used as an adjunct to short-term detoxification programs or for

> daily detoxification support.

>

> This feels like a great product. I am going to ask my husband to

try

> it next week.

> Best to you.

>

The best chlorella is one with a cracked cell wall. Someone correct me if I am wrong. My sons and I have all been on chlorella and the key that I was told is it has to be made with a cracked cell wall. I was told to give 1 for every year old the child was so if your child is 2 give him 2 a day, 3 give three a day etc. I do not know how safe it is do do without a doctor following, my children have blood tests done EVERY month to make sure everything is in check. They have CBC panels and other basics done to be sure all limits are normal. I am always hesitant to add new things without my doctor involved because natural things can be harmful to them as well as the antibiotics. We have chosen a path of using both antibiotics and natural remedies to compliment but like I said, monthly bloodwork is an absolute for us.

Kari

Subject: Re: Chlorella - DualDetoxTo: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 9:31 PM

Is chlorella safe to administer without a doctor's supervision? Being from the ocean, couldn't it be contaminated with mercury to begin with? If I go with hte tablets, how many would I safely give a 31lb. child? What are the side effects? Could metals be loosened and lodged elsewhere in the body? Thanks.>> My son's therapist recommended Chlorella as having had great detox > efffects.> I have been using DualDetox by ProThera for the past 3 weeks and feel > extremely clear headed (for a change!) > > I'll copy the product description:> > This advanced blend of green plant concentrates and enzymes helps > protect our bodies against the

chemicals we consume in our daily > diets. Dual Detox™ is rich in chlorophylls from Chlorella and > contains a unique concentrated broccoli extract high in > glucosinolates and sulforaphane. The chlorophylls in Chlorella form > tight molecular complexes with a wide variety of toxic chemical > compounds preventing their absorption from the gastrointestinal > tract. A special thin-cell wall type of Chlorella, not broken-cell, > is used to protect the active compounds until ingested. A special > blend of enzymes in Dual Detox™ then breaks down the Chlorella cell > wall and releases the active components. This high-potency enzyme > blend also breaks down dietary allergens and irritants and can help > reduce Candida yeast activity in the intestinal tract by lysing > Candida cell walls. Isothiocyanate compounds like sulforaphane in > broccoli are

potent inducers of phase 2 detoxification processes in > the liver. Most substances detoxified by the liver are released into > the bile for excretion through the intestinal tract. Chlorella helps > trap these toxins to avoid reabsorption. Together, Chlorella and > broccoli exert a dual detoxifying effect that reduces the overall > toxic burden on the body by enhancing liver processes and interfering > with absorption of toxins from the intestinal tract. Dual Detox™ can > be used as an adjunct to short-term detoxification programs or for > daily detoxification support. > > This feels like a great product. I am going to ask my husband to try > it next week. > Best to you.>

We recovered my son using the Andy Cutler method of chelation and Andy is not a fan of Chlorella so we listen to Andy's take on chelators. That is why from now on we don't use chlorella, or glutathione, or silver's, like silva solution, just things he is against we try to avoid. I should also say that we used the Dr. Rea of Dallas prescribed glutathione IV's on my husband with MCS for two years. Three times a week for two years! I learned how to give them myself!!!!! My husband still has MCS (chemical sensitivity) fifteen years after that treatment. My son's MCS is completely gone after 8 months on Andy's chelation method...so Andy's method trumps glutathione in our side by side test at our house. Andy's site is www.noamalgam.com and there is an autism mercury yahoo group that helped us recover our son. It was also during our son's recovery that I accidentally gave him grapeseed extract instead of grapefruitseed extract and he had huge miraculous gains. I had also within two months had added cod liver oil, and phosphadatlcholine, borage oil, along with the chelation with dmsa/ala dosed every three hours, antivirals and a huge yeast program, and antibacterials. So, then Carol from this list emailed me how grapeseed extract was being used for lymes and I began to put the pieces together that we could be dealing with lymes also and that could explain why the rest of the family was sick. There is quite an overlap of Andy's chelation method and what is being used for lymes which I find very interesting. It is a prime example of letting your symptoms be your guide.

hi , how much of your son’s recovery would you say was due to chelation and how much to those other things you added later?

also, we have just started grape seed extract, how much were you giving do you remember (I'm unsure of the dosage as so few people seem to have used it)

natasa x

We recovered my son using the Andy Cutler method of chelation and Andy is not a fan of Chlorella so we listen to Andy's take on chelators. That is why from now on we don't use chlorella, or glutathione, or silver's, like silva solution, just things he is against we try to avoid. I should also say that we used the Dr. Rea of Dallas prescribed glutathione IV's on my husband with MCS for two years. Three times a week for two years! I learned how to give them myself!!!!! My husband still has MCS (chemical sensitivity) fifteen years after that treatment. My son's MCS is completely gone after 8 months on Andy's chelation method...so Andy's method trumps glutathione in our side by side test at our house. Andy's site is www.noamalgam.com <http://www.noamalgam.com> and there is an autism mercury yahoo group that helped us recover our son. It was also during our son's recovery that I accidentally gave him grapeseed extract instead of grapefruitseed extract and he had huge miraculous gains. I had also within two months had added cod liver oil, and phosphadatlcholine, borage oil, along with the chelation with dmsa/ala dosed every three hours, antivirals and a huge yeast program, and antibacterials. So, then Carol from this list emailed me how grapeseed extract was being used for lymes and I began to put the pieces together that we could be dealing with lymes also and that could explain why the rest of the family was sick. There is quite an overlap of Andy's chelation method and what is being used for lymes which I find very interesting. It is a prime example of letting your symptoms be your guide.

On the grapeseed extract. I had purchased off the clearance rack for $2 enzymatic therapy Grape Seed PCO phytosome 100mg. It contained Grape (vitis vinifera) seed phytosome one part grape seed extract, standardized to contain 95% polyphenols including procyanidolic oligomers (pco's), bound in two parts phosphatidylcholine using a patented process. I gave him four to six a day of these times four bottles of sixty per muscle testing. Giving this with cod liver oil was crucial because of its reactivity together. I believe the process of this grapeseed extract and the fact it was bound together with the phosphatidylcholine to be a key factor in his wellness. Choline is in this to boost the power of the grape seed. We had started the clo two months prior so he was fully loaded with clo before beginning on the grapeseed extract. I believe both the choline/cod liver oil had an effect (see Megsons research on Bethachanol (cholines) and cod liver oils clearing blocked pathways in the brain). I also believe that the grapeseed extract was boosted in effects by the choline. I also believe in the synergistic effects of the clo/grapeseed extract possible killing off lymes pathogens.

We also healed the gut with digestive enzymes, he had a massive yeast protocol, he took 150 billion of custom probiotics daily, he used the high dose virastop protocol, he used many many supplements, he used antibacterials and he zinc loaded. We did all of these things together almost simultaneously over 8 months with the chelating to get him well. He took mega doses of vitamin C 10,000mg a day to bowel tolerance. I can not know which was more important because autism being a puzzle, it took all of the pieces. I have not completely listed everything we did here. I think the chelation played a major role. I know we got those sudden gains from these supplements, but the consistant week after week gains came from the chelation and the basic supplements he was on. We did things much faster doing multiple protocols at the same time because he refused to take supplements once he turned 18, so we moved much faster in pace than what would normally be done.

In a nutshell for 151lb boy we did:

1T cod liver oil 3x a day for 2 months (ramp up slowly) then introduce

400 mg grapeseed extract from enzymatic therapy with phosphyatidytlcholine in it, 1 cap 4 x a day (ramp up slowly)

while you keep on treating for yeast, chelation, everything else you are doing.

My sons major changes were immediate and permanent. OCD gone, eye contact, verbal and socialization through the roof.

Even when he was better though he didn't realize he was capable of learning things and had to be forcibly bribed (aba) with unlimited pepsi to learn things like hand washing, nail clipping, hair brushing, making a sandwich, bathing, going out of the house, and driving. We made a list of twelve life skills and worked on one a month. He was capable of things but he had to be nudged to get there after he became well.