RemedySpot.com

Re: New to group: Lyme concerns with my PDD son

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hello and welcome to the group! With your sons symptoms and positive bands on his western blot I would say most likely your son has Lyme Disease. I am not a doctor but at this point I have 15 years of misdiagnosis with my three children and I so I do not take seriously what uneducated doctors have to say about Lyme Disease. They will keep you sick forever. Take him to a good LLMD who will think outside of the box!

Kari

Subject: New to group: Lyme concerns with my PDD sonTo: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 3:04 PM

Hello, new member here.I just wanted to get some opinions from parents of children on thespectrum.My 8 year old son is dx'd with tourette syndrome, anxiety disorder,PDD, ADHD, and other co morbid conditions.We've recently had a WB test to rule out lyme.Test results from bloodwork from a local lab:IgG41 positive58 positive66 positiveAll other bands were negative. I still believe this may be a positivelyme result. Are there any opinions from some other parents?His pediatrician says no, but considering his medical diagnosis, arewe missing something??We have an appointment Monday with Dr. G, a local doctor, and anotherwith Dr. J in April 09.From what I've read, having these 3 bands show positive is highlyprobably that he is positive. Help!

Thank you for the reply.

It just seems like it fits. It's not like I want him to have lyme, but

for 6 years we've never seen any improvement with

meds/behaviors/symptoms.

I think the medication he's been taking has been treating only the

symptoms and not the actual disease, kwim?

I can almost feel it in my heart that we are getting so close to

helping him.

His academics have been going downhill this year too.

If I could take any of his diseases/conditions away from him, I would

and give them to me.

I guess I'm just so lucky that we found the therapist at the time we

did, otherwise we would have NO idea to have him tested for lyme.

Strange also is that I do remember at least one time there was a tick

on him, but never knew how severe this was, and the pediatrician still

doesn't think he has lyme. Luckily his psychiatrist feels he may have it.

Can I ask if there are any parents in the Rhode Island area?

>

>

> Subject: New to group: Lyme

concerns with my PDD son

> To: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism

> Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 3:04 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hello, new member here.

>

> I just wanted to get some opinions from parents of children on the

> spectrum.

>

> My 8 year old son is dx'd with tourette syndrome, anxiety disorder,

> PDD, ADHD, and other co morbid conditions.

>

> We've recently had a WB test to rule out lyme.

>

> Test results from bloodwork from a local lab:

>

> IgG

>

> 41 positive

> 58 positive

> 66 positive

>

> All other bands were negative. I still believe this may be a positive

> lyme result. Are there any opinions from some other parents?

>

> His pediatrician says no, but considering his medical diagnosis, are

> we missing something??

>

> We have an appointment Monday with Dr. G, a local doctor, and another

> with Dr. J in April 09.

>

> From what I've read, having these 3 bands show positive is highly

> probably that he is positive.

>

> Help!

>

Yes, you are lucky to have a psychiatrist who would think about that. I have three children who were born with Lyme and I never knew I had it. I lived in Arkansaas at the time and i remember this tick and I had a bull's eye rash followed by Bell's Palsey and spasmodic dysphonia. At the time I was never questioned about a tick and had never heard of Lyme Disease. Years after the tick bite I had read an article about Lyme in a newspaper and how a Bull's eye rash sometimes goes with the disease so I questioned my doctor at the time about it (years after the tick) and he said no way, you couldn't have gotten Lyme. 15 years later and completely disabled a learned that I do have it and that I passed onto all my kids and that is the reason for their underlying health issues as well. Good luck to you and your son, the good thing is that although not EASILY treated

Lyme disease IS treatable.

Kari

Subject: Re: New to group: Lyme concerns with my PDD sonTo: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 7:12 PM

Thank you for the reply.It just seems like it fits. It's not like I want him to have lyme, butfor 6 years we've never seen any improvement withmeds/behaviors/ symptoms. I think the medication he's been taking has been treating only thesymptoms and not the actual disease, kwim?I can almost feel it in my heart that we are getting so close tohelping him. His academics have been going downhill this year too.If I could take any of his diseases/conditions away from him, I wouldand give them to me.I guess I'm just so lucky that we found the therapist at the time wedid, otherwise we would have NO idea to have him tested for lyme.Strange also is that I do remember at least one time there was a tickon him, but never knew how severe this was, and the pediatrician stilldoesn't think he has lyme. Luckily his psychiatrist feels he may have it.Can I ask if there are any

parents in the Rhode Island area?> > From: x_queen_of_the_ rodeo_x <echo1017@.. .>> Subject: [borreliaMultipleIn fectionsAndAutis m] New to group:

Lymeconcerns with my PDD son> To: BorreliaMultipleInf ectionsAndAutism @yahoogroups. com> Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 3:04 PM> > > > > > > Hello, new member here.> > I just wanted to get some opinions from parents of children on the> spectrum.> > My 8 year old son is dx'd with tourette syndrome, anxiety disorder,> PDD, ADHD, and other co morbid conditions.> > We've recently had a WB test to rule out lyme.> > Test results from bloodwork from a local lab:> > IgG> > 41 positive> 58 positive> 66 positive> > All other bands were negative. I still believe this may be a positive> lyme result. Are there any opinions from some other parents?> >

His pediatrician says no, but considering his medical diagnosis, are> we missing something??> > We have an appointment Monday with Dr. G, a local doctor, and another> with Dr. J in April 09.> > From what I've read, having these 3 bands show positive is highly> probably that he is positive. > > Help!>

None of the IgG bands below is Borrelia-specific. I will urge you to do a

coinfection panel. Some LLDMs suggest that band 58 can be antibody

reactions to coinfector antigens. Coinfections alone is sufficient to cause

many psychiatric behaviors.

You didn't list IgM bands. I assume that they are all negative, and you do

not have any bands that are indeterminate, right?

Limin

--------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 14:04

To: <BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism >

Subject: New to group: Lyme concerns

with my PDD son

> Hello, new member here.

>

> I just wanted to get some opinions from parents of children on the

> spectrum.

>

> My 8 year old son is dx'd with tourette syndrome, anxiety disorder,

> PDD, ADHD, and other co morbid conditions.

>

> We've recently had a WB test to rule out lyme.

>

> Test results from bloodwork from a local lab:

>

> IgG

>

> 41 positive

> 58 positive

> 66 positive

>

> All other bands were negative. I still believe this may be a positive

> lyme result. Are there any opinions from some other parents?

>

> His pediatrician says no, but considering his medical diagnosis, are

> we missing something??

>

> We have an appointment Monday with Dr. G, a local doctor, and another

> with Dr. J in April 09.

>

> From what I've read, having these 3 bands show positive is highly

> probably that he is positive.

>

> Help!

>