RemedySpot.com

PFO, etc.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Penny,

a posted Carol's very detailed description of a PFO. As I said before, the impedance cardiograph measures blood flow in the chest that is pumped either by the heart or by the metacapillary pump. Cheney became interested in the impedance cardiograph because Peckerman published a research paper about its use on CFS patients, but at this point I think Cheney is relying much more heavily on GE Vivid 7 echocardiograms than on impedance cardiographs. The echo focuses strictly on heart function, whereas the impedance machine confounds heart function with capillary pumping.

I found it rather easy to get my local cardiologist to order a bubble test after showing her Carol's writing. Interestingly, although my cardiac output is lower than anyone in Peckerman's study, I have no PFO. But then I don't have "real" CFS either.

Tim

Would you be good enough to tell us in a nutshell what PFO is and the difference between the two procedures/conditions and why that difference is significant? And how easy is it to get a doc to perform this bubble injection test?thanks again,penny