RemedySpot.com

Re: Rickettsias and CFS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yes- but the docs won't treat something that doesn't have an

elevated titer.. regardless if infection is the known trigger.

I just don't know why they don't come around to the idea that the

Immune System can be suppressed by the bugs, and be hyper TH2 at the

same time.

I continually resist the idea of an autoimmune problem being a LIFE

LONG long problem of a fuc**d up immune system.

- They're getting closer and closer to changing their view of " we

don't know what causes autoimmune syndromes " to " prior infection

triggers autoimmune syndromes " .. either way- their answer is NOT

antibiotics.

The whole trend IMO- is in the wrong direction. It sorta worries me.

I can see a whole new generation of people with newly

named 'syndromes ' caused from a combo of their tissue types and

triggered by bacteria or virus - therefore on life long drugs (but

maybe not the right ones).

Barb

>

> Dear All

> I mentioned a few days back that I felt Rickettsial infection was

related to my CFS. Serendipity knows no bounds. I found this while

searching " ADHD and misdiagnosis "

> Regards

> Windsor

>

> Original Article

> Rickettsioses in Australia

> a.. STEPHEN GRAVESaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory,

The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia,

> b.. NATHAN UNSWORTHaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference

Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia,

AND

> c.. JOHN STENOSaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory,

The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia

> a.. aAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong

Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia

> Address for correspondence: Dr Graves, Australian

Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, PO BOX 281,

Geelong, 3220. Voice: 61-2-4921-442; fax: 61-3-5226-3183.

> e-mail: .graves@...

> Abstract

> Abstract: Australia, an island continent in the southern

hemisphere, has a range of rickettsial diseases that include typhus

group rickettsiae (Rickettsia typhi), spotted fever group

rickettsiae (R. australis, R. honei), scrub typhus group rickettsiae

(R. tsutsugamushi), and Q fever (C. burnetii). Our knowledge of

Australian rickettsiae is expanding with the recognition of an

expanded range of R. honei (Flinders Island spotted fever) to

Tasmania and southeastern mainland Australia (not just on Flinders

Island), and the detection of a new SFG species (or subspecies),

tentatively named " R. marmionii " in the eastern half of Australia.

This rickettsia causes both acute disease (7 cases, recognized so

far) and is also associated (as a " R. marmionii " bacteriaemia) with

patients having a chronic illness. The significance of the latter is

under investigation. It may be a marker of autoimmune disease or

chronic fatigue in some patients.

>

Guest guest

There's a woman researcher who's been working on the Ricksettia thing, right? Have you explored her protocol? penny Windsor <rwindsor@...> wrote: Dear All I mentioned a few days back that I felt Rickettsial infection was related to my CFS. Serendipity knows no bounds. I found this while searching "ADHD and misdiagnosis" Regards Windsor Original Article Rickettsioses in Australia STEPHEN GRAVESaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia, NATHAN UNSWORTHaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia, AND JOHN STENOSaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong,

3220, Australia aAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia Address for correspondence: Dr Graves, Australian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, PO BOX 281, Geelong, 3220. Voice: 61-2-4921-442; fax: 61-3-5226-3183. e-mail: .graveshnehealth (DOT) nsw.gov.au Abstract Abstract: Australia, an island continent in the southern hemisphere, has a range of rickettsial diseases that include typhus group

rickettsiae (Rickettsia typhi), spotted fever group rickettsiae (R. australis, R. honei), scrub typhus group rickettsiae (R. tsutsugamushi), and Q fever (C. burnetii). Our knowledge of Australian rickettsiae is expanding with the recognition of an expanded range of R. honei (Flinders Island spotted fever) to Tasmania and southeastern mainland Australia (not just on Flinders Island), and the detection of a new SFG species (or subspecies), tentatively named "R. marmionii" in the eastern half of Australia. This rickettsia causes both acute disease (7 cases, recognized so far) and is also associated (as a "R. marmionii" bacteriaemia) with patients having a chronic illness. The significance of the latter is under investigation. It may be a marker of autoimmune disease or chronic fatigue in some patients.

Guest guest

By the way, , I don't think I meant to refer to you on a previous post. Your name was listed, but it didn't sound like you. I think it was probably someone else's post that got combined with yours. Just wanted to let you know that I usually do understand your points, and value them. penny Windsor <rwindsor@...> wrote: Dear All I mentioned a few days back that I felt Rickettsial infection was related to my CFS. Serendipity knows no bounds. I found this while searching "ADHD and misdiagnosis" Regards Windsor Original Article Rickettsioses in Australia STEPHEN GRAVESaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia, NATHAN UNSWORTHaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220,

Australia, AND JOHN STENOSaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia aAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia Address for correspondence: Dr Graves, Australian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, PO BOX 281, Geelong, 3220. Voice: 61-2-4921-442; fax: 61-3-5226-3183. e-mail: .graveshnehealth (DOT) nsw.gov.au Abstract Abstract: Australia, an island continent in the southern hemisphere, has a range of rickettsial diseases that include typhus group rickettsiae (Rickettsia typhi), spotted fever group rickettsiae (R. australis, R. honei), scrub typhus group rickettsiae (R. tsutsugamushi), and Q fever (C. burnetii). Our knowledge of Australian rickettsiae is expanding with the recognition of an expanded range of R. honei (Flinders Island spotted fever) to Tasmania and southeastern mainland Australia (not just on Flinders Island), and the detection of a new SFG species (or subspecies), tentatively named "R. marmionii" in the eastern half of Australia. This rickettsia causes both acute disease (7 cases, recognized so far) and is also associated (as a "R. marmionii" bacteriaemia) with patients having a chronic illness. The significance of the

latter is under investigation. It may be a marker of autoimmune disease or chronic fatigue in some patients.

Guest guest

Dear Penny

Any clues as to who she might be?

I'd like to kook her up.

Regards

R

Re: [infections] Rickettsias and CFS

There's a woman researcher who's been working on the Ricksettia thing, right? Have you explored her protocol?

penny Windsor <rwindsoralphalink.au> wrote:

Dear All

I mentioned a few days back that I felt Rickettsial infection was related to my CFS. Serendipity knows no bounds. I found this while searching "ADHD and misdiagnosis"

Regards

Windsor

Original Article

Rickettsioses in Australia

STEPHEN GRAVESaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia, NATHAN UNSWORTHaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia, AND JOHN STENOSaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia

aAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia

Address for correspondence: Dr Graves, Australian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, PO BOX 281, Geelong, 3220. Voice: 61-2-4921-442; fax: 61-3-5226-3183. e-mail: .graveshnehealth (DOT) nsw.gov.au

Abstract

Abstract: Australia, an island continent in the southern hemisphere, has a range of rickettsial diseases that include typhus group rickettsiae (Rickettsia typhi), spotted fever group rickettsiae (R. australis, R. honei), scrub typhus group rickettsiae (R. tsutsugamushi), and Q fever (C. burnetii). Our knowledge of Australian rickettsiae is expanding with the recognition of an expanded range of R. honei (Flinders Island spotted fever) to Tasmania and southeastern mainland Australia (not just on Flinders Island), and the detection of a new SFG species (or subspecies), tentatively named "R. marmionii" in the eastern half of Australia. This rickettsia causes both acute disease (7 cases, recognized so far) and is also associated (as a "R. marmionii" bacteriaemia) with patients having a chronic illness. The significance of the latter is under investigation. It may be a marker of autoimmune disease or chronic fatigue in some patients.

Guest guest

All I remember is her name: Dr. Cecile Jardin of South Africa Here's a link to something related: http://www.my-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-cure.com/rickettsia.html And I think you'll find some posts about her protocol at CFSFMexperimental. Don't know much else about her. penny Windsor <rwindsor@...> wrote: Dear Penny Any clues as to who she might be? I'd like to kook her up. Regards R Re:

[infections] Rickettsias and CFS There's a woman researcher who's been working on the Ricksettia thing, right? Have you explored her protocol? penny Windsor <rwindsoralphalink.au> wrote: Dear All I mentioned a few days back that I felt Rickettsial infection was related to my CFS. Serendipity knows no bounds. I found this while searching "ADHD and misdiagnosis" Regards Windsor Original Article Rickettsioses in Australia STEPHEN GRAVESaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia, NATHAN UNSWORTHaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia, AND JOHN STENOSaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia aAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia Address for correspondence: Dr Graves, Australian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, PO BOX 281, Geelong, 3220. Voice: 61-2-4921-442; fax: 61-3-5226-3183. e-mail: .graveshnehealth (DOT) nsw.gov.au Abstract Abstract: Australia, an island continent in the southern hemisphere, has a range of rickettsial diseases that include typhus group rickettsiae (Rickettsia typhi), spotted fever group rickettsiae (R. australis, R. honei), scrub typhus group

rickettsiae (R. tsutsugamushi), and Q fever (C. burnetii). Our knowledge of Australian rickettsiae is expanding with the recognition of an expanded range of R. honei (Flinders Island spotted fever) to Tasmania and southeastern mainland Australia (not just on Flinders Island), and the detection of a new SFG species (or subspecies), tentatively named "R. marmionii" in the eastern half of Australia. This rickettsia causes both acute disease (7 cases, recognized so far) and is also associated (as a "R. marmionii" bacteriaemia) with patients having a chronic illness. The significance of the latter is under investigation. It may be a marker of autoimmune disease or chronic fatigue in some patients.

Guest guest

Dear Penny

I had the pleasure of having my blood tested for Rickettsias by her father many years ago. I don't think she is particularly accessible but has been to Australia once or twice.

Thanks

R

Re: [infections] Rickettsias and CFS

There's a woman researcher who's been working on the Ricksettia thing, right? Have you explored her protocol?

penny Windsor <rwindsoralphalink.au> wrote:

Dear All

I mentioned a few days back that I felt Rickettsial infection was related to my CFS. Serendipity knows no bounds. I found this while searching "ADHD and misdiagnosis"

Regards

Windsor

Original Article

Rickettsioses in Australia

STEPHEN GRAVESaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia, NATHAN UNSWORTHaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia, AND JOHN STENOSaaAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia

aAustralian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, Geelong, 3220, Australia

Address for correspondence: Dr Graves, Australian Rickettsial Reference Laboratory, The Geelong Hospital, PO BOX 281, Geelong, 3220. Voice: 61-2-4921-442; fax: 61-3-5226-3183. e-mail: .graveshnehealth (DOT) nsw.gov.au

Abstract

Abstract: Australia, an island continent in the southern hemisphere, has a range of rickettsial diseases that include typhus group rickettsiae (Rickettsia typhi), spotted fever group rickettsiae (R. australis, R. honei), scrub typh us group rickettsiae (R. tsutsugamushi), and Q fever (C. burnetii). Our knowledge of Australian rickettsiae is expanding with the recognition of an expanded range of R. honei (Flinders Island spotted fever) to Tasmania and southeastern mainland Australia (not just on Flinders Island), and the detection of a new SFG species (or subspecies), tentatively named "R. marmionii" in the eastern half of Australia. This rickettsia causes both acute disease (7 cases, recognized so far) and is also associated (as a "R. marmionii" bacteriaemia) with patients having a chronic illness. The significance of the latter is under investigation. It may be a marker of autoimmune disease or chronic fatigue in some patients.