RemedySpot.com

Re: Elevated DHEA, testosterone?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Any major lab can check his testosterone levels. Currently in the DAN world there are 2 ways to lower testosterone either use spironolactone (prescription required) or use Lupron (script required and involves giving shots). If you google Dr Geir/lupron there are many articles about his work reguarding Autism/testosterone/lupron.

Subject: Elevated DHEA, testosterone?To: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 2:43 PM

My 6 year old son has elevated DHEA (2 to 4 times higher than the reference range); DHEA-S is within the normal range. His total testosterone is at the high end of the reference range. I have not tested him for free testosterone yet. But Dr. K muscletested him and found him a high testosterone kid. I am familiar with Dr. MG and DG's theory of excessive testosterone molecules binding with mercury ions to form a "sheet" in the brain. But my son does not exactly fit the profile of high testosterone, low DHEA, and low DHEA-S. All I know is that his hormones are somehow off, but do not know the downstream or upstream implications, or where to look for next, except for testing for free testosterone. Any thoughts? Any advice? Thank you.

Here is his last lab results. DHEA is on the second page.

http://slett. net/public/ reports/mmp9- msh-leptin. pdf

Limin

Limin, my son has similar markers for DHEA. Arup ran our tests and so

the reference ranges are different from Labcorp.

DHEA, Unconj. was High a 6.5 where the reference range is 0.9 to 4.8.

Our DHEA-S is in the middle of the reference range.

Our Total testosterone, the Sex Hormone Binding Globulin, and Free

testosterone are all at the lower end of the reference range.

The high DHEA was explained to me as occurring because of lack of

sulphate in the body. Our DAN prescribed Joint Companion (you can see

it online, its a house brand at www.rhinebeckhealth.com) and

Fundamental Sulphur from Labs (this is MSM) to supplement

" sulphate " (as opposed to sulphur) to take care of the high DHEA. This

was done a couple of months ago and we have not retested. It should

not be anything to worry about as per our doc from the point of view

of high testosterone issues.

Gayatri

>

> My 6 year old son has elevated DHEA (2 to 4 times higher than the

reference range); DHEA-S is within the normal range. His total

testosterone is at the high end of the reference range. I have not

tested him for free testosterone yet. But Dr. K muscletested him and

found him a high testosterone kid. I am familiar with Dr. MG and DG's

theory of excessive testosterone molecules binding with mercury ions

to form a " sheet " in the brain. But my son does not exactly fit the

profile of high testosterone, low DHEA, and low DHEA-S. All I know is

that his hormones are somehow off, but do not know the downstream or

upstream implications, or where to look for next, except for testing

for free testosterone. Any thoughts? Any advice? Thank you.

>

> Here is his last lab results. DHEA is on the second page.

> http://slett.net/public/reports/mmp9-msh-leptin.pdf

>

> Limin

>

Thank you, .

I did test my son's testosterone level. His total testosterone is at the high end within the reference range. I want to run a test on free testosterone (circulating freely in the blood and is not bound to proteins) as well. I am aware of Dr. MG's lupron treatment. Dr. K suggested to consider spironolactone, but wanted us to first try a homeopathic, high-potency Testosterone remedy to down-regulate my son's testosterone. We'll see how this goes.

What really concerns me is his elevated level of DHEA. I want to understand more on the implication of high DHEA on adrenal and/or thyroid. We have done a thyroid panel (http://slett.net/public/reports/cd57-thyroid.pdf), and everything looks fine. I wonder what other markers I should look for to understand his adrenal and immune status. Thank you.

Limin

Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 12:37

To: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism

Subject: Re: Elevated DHEA, testosterone?

Any major lab can check his testosterone levels. Currently in the DAN world there are 2 ways to lower testosterone either use spironolactone (prescription required) or use Lupron (script required and involves giving shots). If you google Dr Geir/lupron there are many articles about his work reguarding Autism/testosterone/lupron.

Subject: Elevated DHEA, testosterone?To: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 2:43 PM

My 6 year old son has elevated DHEA (2 to 4 times higher than the reference range); DHEA-S is within the normal range. His total testosterone is at the high end of the reference range. I have not tested him for free testosterone yet. But Dr. K muscletested him and found him a high testosterone kid. I am familiar with Dr. MG and DG's theory of excessive testosterone molecules binding with mercury ions to form a "sheet" in the brain. But my son does not exactly fit the profile of high testosterone, low DHEA, and low DHEA-S. All I know is that his hormones are somehow off, but do not know the downstream or upstream implications, or where to look for next, except for testing for free testosterone. Any thoughts? Any advice? Thank you.

Limin

Hi Limin ,

I really do not know anything about the adrenal/thyroid/DHEA issues. My son has been on spironolactaone for over a year and it does help keep the testosterone/puberty down. My son is almost 12 and started early puberty at 9.......my other NT sons were very, very late with puberty (at least 14). If you do decide to go with the spironolactone watch out for constipation. My son never had constipation or any gut issues but the spiro caused bad constipation in about the 3rd week. We use oxypowder along with the spiro and have no problems. I also noticced since we have been using LDM and salt/vit C(on and off) the constipation is much better.

Can you let me know what the homeopathic remedy to lower testosterone is. I would be interested in trying that as well.

From: Limin Tseng <liminslett (DOT) net>Subject: [borreliaMultipleIn fectionsAndAutis m] Elevated DHEA, testosterone?To: BorreliaMultipleInf ectionsAndAutism @yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 2:43 PM

Limin

The homeopathic remedy we are using is Testosterone-H made by Mountain States Health Products.

Do you observe that spironolactone helps with Mercury chelation? Any other side effects in addition to constipation? Thank you.

Limin

Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 17:11

Subject: Re: Elevated DHEA, testosterone?

Hi Limin ,

I really do not know anything about the adrenal/thyroid/DHEA issues. My son has been on spironolactaone for over a year and it does help keep the testosterone/puberty down. My son is almost 12 and started early puberty at 9.......my other NT sons were very, very late with puberty (at least 14). If you do decide to go with the spironolactone watch out for constipation. My son never had constipation or any gut issues but the spiro caused bad constipation in about the 3rd week. We use oxypowder along with the spiro and have no problems. I also noticced since we have been using LDM and salt/vit C(on and off) the constipation is much better.

Can you let me know what the homeopathic remedy to lower testosterone is. I would be interested in trying that as well.

From: Limin Tseng <liminslett (DOT) net>Subject: [borreliaMultipleIn fectionsAndAutis m] Elevated DHEA, testosterone?To: BorreliaMultipleInf ectionsAndAutism @yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 2:43 PM

Limin

Hi Limin,

We ave been doing IV chelation for over 2 yrs and now and are up to 80 IV's of DMPS/EDTA/GSH/Vit C/NAC and phoschol. When we added the spironolactone there was no improvement in the excretion of metals. We have also seen no big Wow's from it. I did stop it twice and his testosterone levels sky rocketed. It is also supposed to be an anti-inflamatory. No other negatives from the spiro except constipation which I hear is quite common.

Limin

In our family, we have 3 people infected (known infections; daughter is asymptomatic and hasn't yet been tested -- money goes to the real sickies first). I believe we all got infected many years ago, about 17 years ago for hubby and I, maybe 13 years ago for son, but only now being diagnosed. All three of us have low thyroid, my son just started on T4, hubby has been on T4 for years and has just started T3, and I've been on T3 for years and recently started T4. I also have low DHEA and low testosterone, hubby also has low testosterone. Hubby and I both have low adrenal function, too, and take cortisol for that. Son was very small and not growing until he went gluten-free, then sprouted and started puberty, late-average. I was surprised to read about high hormonal levels, as so far I've only heard about low levels. But clearly, these buggers really do bugger up the hormonal systems!

Please keep posting, as it is interesting to learn more about this, and especially I like being forewarned about what to be aware of and what to look for.

Cheers, (in Canada)Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations including songs for the holidays FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!

Gayatri,

DHEA is a steroid hormone synthesized from cholesterol and secreted by the

adrenal glands. This is the " mother hormone " that converts into different

sex hormones including testosterone. High DHEA is associated with stress.

I don't know if Ingvar's elevated DHEA can also be linked to being " ACE+- "

on Yasko's panel. Yasko recommends to support kidney and adrenal as well as

using low dose Pro-Gest Body Cream (progesterone cream). I am thinking to

test Ingvar for the levels of cortisol and progesterone.

I have one personal thought on DHEA. I believe that the body has

intelligence. DHEA can reduce inflammation and improve immune function and

nerve tissue healing, and protect the body from oxidative stress. When the

body is at a chronic inflammation status and has a hard to shut down or

reduce the pro-inflammatory cytokines, it might raise the levels of DHEA to

help - getting water somewhere to put off fire. If this is true, I do not

know at what expense that the body increases the production of DHEA.

I have not thought of supplementing sulphate to bind up DHEA. Is it meant

to convert DHEA to DHEA-S? But I have been thinking of adding back MSM for

the purpose of regulating the sodium potassium pump. Ingvar's levels of

sodium has been quite low lately.

Limin

--------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 14:47

To: <BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism >

Subject: Re: Elevated DHEA,

testosterone?

> Limin, my son has similar markers for DHEA. Arup ran our tests and so

> the reference ranges are different from Labcorp.

>

> DHEA, Unconj. was High a 6.5 where the reference range is 0.9 to 4.8.

> Our DHEA-S is in the middle of the reference range.

>

> Our Total testosterone, the Sex Hormone Binding Globulin, and Free

> testosterone are all at the lower end of the reference range.

>

> The high DHEA was explained to me as occurring because of lack of

> sulphate in the body. Our DAN prescribed Joint Companion (you can see

> it online, its a house brand at www.rhinebeckhealth.com) and

> Fundamental Sulphur from Labs (this is MSM) to supplement

> " sulphate " (as opposed to sulphur) to take care of the high DHEA. This

> was done a couple of months ago and we have not retested. It should

> not be anything to worry about as per our doc from the point of view

> of high testosterone issues.

>

> Gayatri

>

>

>

>>

>> My 6 year old son has elevated DHEA (2 to 4 times higher than the

> reference range); DHEA-S is within the normal range. His total

> testosterone is at the high end of the reference range. I have not

> tested him for free testosterone yet. But Dr. K muscletested him and

> found him a high testosterone kid. I am familiar with Dr. MG and DG's

> theory of excessive testosterone molecules binding with mercury ions

> to form a " sheet " in the brain. But my son does not exactly fit the

> profile of high testosterone, low DHEA, and low DHEA-S. All I know is

> that his hormones are somehow off, but do not know the downstream or

> upstream implications, or where to look for next, except for testing

> for free testosterone. Any thoughts? Any advice? Thank you.

>>

>> Here is his last lab results. DHEA is on the second page.

>> http://slett.net/public/reports/mmp9-msh-leptin.pdf

>>

>> Limin

>>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Limin what I understood was that the lack of sulphate was pushing up

the value of the DHEA, and if I artificially supplied the body

sulphate, then the DHEA should drop. I didn't think of sulphate as a

binder of DHEA per se.

I do think a lack of sulphate does all of the things you have outlined

below as benefits of DHEA. And yes, I do think the DHEA might be going

up as a protective mechanism for the body. Undoubtedly, the endocrine

system too must be stressed out.

Gayatri

> >>

> >> My 6 year old son has elevated DHEA (2 to 4 times higher than the

> > reference range); DHEA-S is within the normal range. His total

> > testosterone is at the high end of the reference range. I have not

> > tested him for free testosterone yet. But Dr. K muscletested him and

> > found him a high testosterone kid. I am familiar with Dr. MG and DG's

> > theory of excessive testosterone molecules binding with mercury ions

> > to form a " sheet " in the brain. But my son does not exactly fit the

> > profile of high testosterone, low DHEA, and low DHEA-S. All I know is

> > that his hormones are somehow off, but do not know the downstream or

> > upstream implications, or where to look for next, except for testing

> > for free testosterone. Any thoughts? Any advice? Thank you.

> >>

> >> Here is his last lab results. DHEA is on the second page.

> >> http://slett.net/public/reports/mmp9-msh-leptin.pdf

> >>

> >> Limin

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

Hi,

My son also have issues about DHEA and testesteron. I'm confused now.

8 month ago when we checked his adrenal hormones , only his DHEA-S was high , (about 1,5 X than normal level), but his free and total testesteron was normal.

Our DAN! dr proposed to try spironolactone, but he was very tired , constipated, lost weight, sleepless ,allways sick on it, so we discontinued after 1,5 months.

Recently we rechecked, now his DHEA-S and DHEA etc is normal but his free testesteron is high .

Endochronologist said that he's 9,5 and it seem's his puberty started , and it's possible.

But for me, 9,5-10 years is too early for puberty, it can not be normal .

We did IV and oral chelation during 1,5 years prior to those tests and his mercury level was looking OK at the end , but maybe he has still some mercury hidden by testesteron.

I think that spironolactone is maybe a immune-modulating med but not immune-booster , and not good for my son just now.

As we recently noticed that he has lyme, he's on antibiotic now. I don't want to give more hormone meds like lupron,

but I'm troubled , I don't know what to do.

This homoepatic remedy, doesn't have any side effects?

Muge

From: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism [mailto:BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism ] On Behalf Of FundSent: Friday, December 12, 2008 2:11 PMTo: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Subject: Released from eSafe SPAM quarantine: Re: Elevated DHEA, testosterone?

Hi Limin,

We ave been doing IV chelation for over 2 yrs and now and are up to 80 IV's of DMPS/EDTA/GSH/Vit C/NAC and phoschol. When we added the spironolactone there was no improvement in the excretion of metals. We have also seen no big Wow's from it. I did stop it twice and his testosterone levels sky rocketed. It is also supposed to be an anti-inflamatory. No other negatives from the spiro except constipation which I hear is quite common.

Limin *** Size gonderilen E-Posta mesajinda BILGISAYAR SISTEMLERI VE *** ILETISIM AGLARI ACISINDAN istenmeyen ve/veya

*** zararli icerik tespit edilmis ve temizlenmistir.

*** Virus scanner detected a hostile content in the email

*** that was sent to you and removed it.

\HTML Active Content: Found invalid IMG Tag, Found Web-beacon, Object Removed: 1 'img'

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bu e-posta mesaji, mesajin alici kisminda belirtilmis olan kullanici icindir. Mesajin alicisi siz degilseniz -dogrudan veya dolayli olarak- mesaji kullanmayiniz, acmayiniz, dagitmayiniz, yazicidan dokumunu almayiniz veya herhangi bir kismini kopyalamayiniz. Yanlislikla bu mesaj size ulasmissa lutfen, siliniz ve tüm kopyalarini yok ederek mesaji gonderene acilen haber veriniz. Bu mesaj icerisinde belirtilenler sadece gondericinin kisisel gorusleridir. Bu gorusler IMKB'nin goruslerini yansitmadigi gibi, IMKB'yi baglayici da degildir.

This email is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended addressee of this message, you should not use, open, disseminate, distribute, print or copy this e-mail. If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. The Istanbul Stock Exchange does not accept any legal responsibility whatsoever for the contents of this message. Any opinions contained in this message are those of the author and are not given or endorsed by the Istanbul Stock Exchange.

Hi,

8 month ago when we checked his adrenal hormones , only his DHEA-S was high , (about 1,5 X than normal level), but his free and total testesteron was normal.

Our DAN! dr proposed to try spironolactone, but he was very tired , constipated, lost weight, sleepless ,allways sick on it, so we discontinued after 1,5 months.

Recently we rechecked, now his DHEA-S and DHEA etc is normal but his free testesteron is high .

Endochronologist said that he's 9,5 and it seem's his puberty started , and it's possible.

We did IV and oral chelation during 1,5 years prior to those tests and his mercury level was looking OK at the end , but maybe he has still some mercury hidden by testesteron.

I think that spironolactone is maybe a immune-modulating med but not immune-booster , and not good for my son just now.

As we recently noticed that he has lyme, he's on antibiotic now. I don't want to give more hormone meds like lupron,

Muge

From: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism [mailto:BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism ] On Behalf Of FundSent: Friday, December 12, 2008 2:11 PMTo: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Subject: Released from eSafe SPAM quarantine: Re: Elevated DHEA, testosterone?

Hi Limin,

Limin *** Size gonderilen E-Posta mesajinda BILGISAYAR SISTEMLERI VE *** ILETISIM AGLARI ACISINDAN istenmeyen ve/veya

\HTML Active Content: Found invalid IMG Tag, Found Web-beacon, Object Removed: 1 'img'

Bu e-posta mesaji, mesajin alici kisminda belirtilmis olan kullanici icindir. Mesajin alicisi siz degilseniz -dogrudan veya dolayli olarak- mesaji kullanmayiniz, acmayiniz, dagitmayiniz, yazicidan dokumunu almayiniz veya herhangi bir kismini kopyalamayiniz. Yanlislikla bu mesaj size ulasmissa lutfen, siliniz ve tüm kopyalarini yok ederek mesaji gonderene acilen haber veriniz. Bu mesaj icerisinde belirtilenler sadece gondericinin kisisel gorusleridir. Bu gorusler IMKB'nin goruslerini yansitmadigi gibi, IMKB'yi baglayici da degildir.

This email is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended addressee of this message, you should not use, open, disseminate, distribute, print or copy this e-mail. If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. The Istanbul Stock Exchange does not accept any legal responsibility whatsoever for the contents of this message. Any opinions contained in this message are those of the author and are not given or endorsed by the Istanbul Stock Exchange.

Muge,

I am just starting looking into the hormone piece. I don't know what triggers their fluctuation. Most information I found in the Lyme world is the association between low DHEA-S with adrenal fatigue or chronic fatigue. In my son's case I have not found the possible downstream or upstream implications of high DHEA. His DHEA-S falls in the reference range. Anyway, I don't have a clear picture yet and still need to check free testosterone and cortisol levels among other things.

When we first introduced the high potency homeopathic remedy to down-regulate testosterone (6 drops 3X), my son cried for 3 days for no observable reasons. I am quite sure that he was not in pains, because he still went by his daily routines (school, ABA, therapies, etc.) and did whatever he was told to do while crying. I stopped the remedy for 1 week and reintroduced at 6 drops 1X. This time he took it well. No side effect is observed. He has been on this remedy for about 2 months. He is his usual happy self. I plan to do twice a day now.

It is difficult for me to pinpoint if his crying was directly triggered by using the remedy to down-regulate testosterone. A week before we started the remedy, I received a procaine injection to heal my C-section scar. The healing is supposed to help myself and my son to unblock our energy fields and release emotional toxins. I have documented this experience with one of my previous posts. The crying and sadness could also be triggered by the healing of my scar.

Limin

Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 23:21

Subject: RE: Elevated DHEA, testosterone?

Hi,

Muge

Hi Limin,

Limin*** Size gonderilen E-Posta mesajinda BILGISAYAR SISTEMLERI VE *** ILETISIM AGLARI ACISINDAN istenmeyen ve/veya

------------------------------------------------------------------------Bu e-posta mesaji, mesajin alici kisminda belirtilmis olan kullanici icindir. Mesajin alicisi siz degilseniz -dogrudan veya dolayli olarak- mesaji kullanmayiniz, acmayiniz, dagitmayiniz, yazicidan dokumunu almayiniz veya herhangi bir kismini kopyalamayiniz. Yanlislikla bu mesaj size ulasmissa lutfen, siliniz ve tüm kopyalarini yok ederek mesaji gonderene acilen haber veriniz. Bu mesaj icerisinde belirtilenler sadece gondericinin kisisel gorusleridir. Bu gorusler IMKB'nin goruslerini yansitmadigi gibi, IMKB'yi baglayici da degildir.This email is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended addressee of this message, you should not use, open, disseminate, distribute, print or copy this e-mail. If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. The Istanbul Stock Exchange does not accept any legal responsibility whatsoever for the contents of this message. Any opinions contained in this message are those of the author and are not given or endorsed by the Istanbul Stock Exchange. ------------------------------------------------------------------------