RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:anyone else want to comment on this?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think they should create a genetic test for those predispositioned to become bigoted short sighted individuals then we can Weed em out. ( sarcastic.. abortion is wrong.. even if they are bigoted shortsighted meanies)

Steph

[DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Re:anyone else want to comment on this?

There are about a dozen replies posted now but I still did not see one that I thought was from anyone here. I did like these two.A callousness about the value of human life permeates Marrin's viewpoint, because if abortion ends up as eugenics, then whether any foetus comes to birth depends upon the preferences of the woman. How can anyone determine the worth and quality of another's life before it is even lived?Lee, Birmingham,Let me get this straight: you think babies with Down Syndrome should be aborted because they might not have a great sex life? Many people--with all the correct bits and pieces--have unfortunate romantic and sexual lives, Marilyn Monroe and Princess , for two. Cohen, Los Angeles, USAThis is my reply. It probably won't be posted.The issue is one of life itself, not the quality of the life. Just like the general population, some people with Down syndrome will have a great quality of life and some will not. But that is by the judgment of fallen human nature. Who are we to deem the value of another human being? The way of the world is to be successful and happy at all cost. It's all about image, power and prestige. Look out for number one. If you don't who will? But the way of God is much different. His measurement of greatness is much different than ours. His estimation of suffering is much different than ours. It cost God much to pour out and reveal His mercy, chiefly in the suffering and agonizing death of His Son. What will it cost us to show the same? The question most expectant mothers with a prenatal dx ask themselves is what will it cost me? What will I have to sacrifice to bring this child into the world? Obviously from the 91% termination rate the answer of most is that the cost or possible cost is too high. It's about the mother and "her" choice. She never once considers the choice of the life inside of her or the giver of that life.Hope