RemedySpot.com

Re: unaccountable increase in diseases

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yes, and in the old days they weren't eating fruit from Brazil, either. We're truly a global community now and that means anyone living in the civilized world today, no matter how small the town, is sharing things with people half way around the world. pennypjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote: Some claim autism has increased, but that is debatable. Obesity - I don't think we can argue that this has not increased even with the change in the

BMI evaluation in the early 90s. I also tend to be very skeptical that obesity has increased due to diet or lack of exercise. Studies indicate that certain viruses cause obesity in mice and humans.As to cfs or fms, there is no debate this is a massive increase of a new disease at an elemental level. I say this, not because of worldwide stats but because of the reality that I lived 30 years in one small town in South Carolina. Most people didn't move away, and new people didn't move in.In that time frame our elders lived active lives with a few cases of arthritis, one case of lupus, heart disease and cancer. They died after and active life of heart disease or cancer or stroke.Currently or in 1997, 100 women would show up for fibromyalgia support group meetings in a town of 10,000 including the outlying county. Need I add that there is an epidemic level of increase in Lyme disease in may areas of

the US.a Carnes>> I thought you made some great points, . And since so many more people get health care now and so many more people's diseases are being reported, there's not a lot of evidence that we're sicker now. My great grandfather probably died of cancer, but back then, people didn't get dx'd and called it dying of "old age". > > I do believe that low grade infection is pretty rampant, based on my conversations and observations, but whether it's worse now or not is kind of hard to say. It used to be that some people were "sickly" their whole lives, but it didn't seem as common as it does now, but then again we didn't have the kind of communication back then that we do now. Perhaps every family in every township or village had at least one "sickly" person. A whole lot of people certainly died younger than we do today. It's possible today's pwcs wouldn't have lasted very

long 50 years ago either.> > penny> > > <usenethod@...> wrote:> > > better enabling green technology available). However, we've still > > introduced thousands of synthetic chemicals into the environment in the > > past two generations or so and we've barely studied their combined > > effects. > > How does that matter, though, unless there are unaccountable disease> increases over those two generations? In fact, if there aren't any> such increases, it pretty much proves that those contaminations are> not a cause of observable disease.> > In addition to what I mentioned yesterday, cancer has increased, of> course - but that basically goes away when you correct for the> increased aging we see nowadays, so it's eminently explicable.>