RemedySpot.com

Re: Aspergers Syndrome? My Story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/2/2007 10:26:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, pennyhoule@... writes:

I'd love it if you'd share your story with us on the forum. What you know about the causes, what you've done to deal with it, anything, etc.

I'm really happy you're doing so well.

penny

I am a 30 year old female with Aspergers. I was born in '76. I had a difficult birth/delivery. I was delivered by forceps (they were still used back then) by four doctors trying to get me out. Unfortunately this caused a brain injury (which was not even diagnosed until 2002!). Growing up there were some "flags." too. When I was just months old, I would flap my arms in the high chair. Then, when I was 2 years old, I walked away from the dinner table, went outside and started walking down the street in the rain. It didn't even bother me, I was just walking aimlessly. LOL, my Mum also described me as a "live-wire." I made my two brothers look like "sissies." But maybe that explains my sexual orientation more than my autism, LOL! I was also very scared of noises (motorcycles, etc.), afraid of bugs, insects, birds, ants, etc. I screamed and cried a lot. Later on, during school, I had difficulty learning (I did have some learning disabilities, but outgrew them as I got older and learned in my own way). My second grade teacher didn't know what to do with me, so she put me in the back of the class, turned my desk around (facing the window) and just gave me some papers to do. This was a parochial school (which we know is more advanced than public school) I struggled until 5th grade. I had so much anxiety (hair pulling, nail biting, etc.) Finally I wasn't able to keep up with the parochial school teaching and I was transferred for a few months to a public school. Then, I continued on to public school for middle school and high school. I thrived there. It was slower, easier, etc. I had difficulty making friends, of course. In Middle School, I was able to take regular English, and the rest of my classes were in a Bright LD class. Then, in High School, my intelligence grew, I only needed Math as a SPED class. And even in my senior year, I was accepted into Honors English (AP), I acted in the high school play, Hamlet (playing Laertes). After school, months after I graduated, I got into the music business (travelling through MA, NY, PA, OH, KY and finally staying in TN for a while to try and get my music started.) I have many interests, as you can see on my Myspace page (www.myspace.com/affectionateartist). I still do have problems - with making friends - making small talk (however, I've found that using Sign Language helps me express my feelings and helps me communicate better), hard making eye contact sometimes, having difficulty with change, occasional shyness/withdrawing if I'm sad or scared, overwhelmed by crowds, lights, noises, etc. and sharing waaaay too much detail, LOL, etc. - but I am continually learning and things are continually getting better. So on that note, to conclude, I'd have to say especially to parents of children with Aspergers - Don't dispair. Your child can do and be anything. I've overcome a great deal and without sounding egocentric, I am proud to be an example of what people with Aspergers can accomplish.See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/2/2007 10:01:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, pennyhoule@... writes:

Well, you are an absolute inspiration! I completely rejoice in everything you're doing with your life. (And since I closed your myspace, I find myself missing that song that was playing! :-) Wow, you really seem to be a master of positivity and creativity. That is so wonderful!

penny

Hi Penny,

Thank you very much! :) Yeah, that's a great song! :) I'm addicted to it myself. I do my best, thanks. :)

KLS See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Well, you are an absolute inspiration! I completely rejoice in everything you're doing with your life. (And since I closed your myspace, I find myself missing that song that was playing! :-) Wow, you really seem to be a master of positivity and creativity. That is so wonderful! pennyThunderLungsABA@... wrote: In a message dated 6/2/2007 10:26:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, pennyhoule

writes: I'd love it if you'd share your story with us on the forum. What you know about the causes, what you've done to deal with it, anything, etc. I'm really happy you're doing so well. penny I am a 30 year old female with Aspergers. I was born in '76. I had a difficult birth/delivery. I was delivered by forceps (they were still used back then) by four doctors trying to get me out. Unfortunately this caused a brain injury (which was not even diagnosed until 2002!). Growing up there were some "flags." too. When I was just months old, I would

flap my arms in the high chair. Then, when I was 2 years old, I walked away from the dinner table, went outside and started walking down the street in the rain. It didn't even bother me, I was just walking aimlessly. LOL, my Mum also described me as a "live-wire." I made my two brothers look like "sissies." But maybe that explains my sexual orientation more than my autism, LOL! I was also very scared of noises (motorcycles, etc.), afraid of bugs, insects, birds, ants, etc. I screamed and cried a lot. Later on, during school, I had difficulty learning (I did have some learning disabilities, but outgrew them as I got older and learned in my own way). My second grade teacher didn't know what to do with me, so she put me in the back of the class, turned my desk around (facing the window) and just gave me some papers to do. This was a parochial school (which we know is more advanced than public school) I struggled until 5th grade. I had so much anxiety (hair pulling, nail

biting, etc.) Finally I wasn't able to keep up with the parochial school teaching and I was transferred for a few months to a public school. Then, I continued on to public school for middle school and high school. I thrived there. It was slower, easier, etc. I had difficulty making friends, of course. In Middle School, I was able to take regular English, and the rest of my classes were in a Bright LD class. Then, in High School, my intelligence grew, I only needed Math as a SPED class. And even in my senior year, I was accepted into Honors English (AP), I acted in the high school play, Hamlet (playing Laertes). After school, months after I graduated, I got into the music business (travelling through MA, NY, PA, OH, KY and finally staying in TN for a while to try and get my music started.) I have many interests, as you can see on my Myspace page (www.myspace.com/affectionateartist). I still do have problems -

with making friends - making small talk (however, I've found that using Sign Language helps me express my feelings and helps me communicate better), hard making eye contact sometimes, having difficulty with change, occasional shyness/withdrawing if I'm sad or scared, overwhelmed by crowds, lights, noises, etc. and sharing waaaay too much detail, LOL, etc. - but I am continually learning and things are continually getting better. So on that note, to conclude, I'd have to say especially to parents of children with Aspergers - Don't dispair. Your child can do and be anything. I've overcome a great deal and without sounding egocentric, I am proud to be an example of what people with Aspergers can accomplish. See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Very interesting story. You are not egocentric. Your

accomplishments are wonderful for anyone. I am

wondering why you are on this site.I haven'nt followed

closely so maybe you have already told us. Do you have

CFS as well? What are your infectious symptoms?

Marie

--- ThunderLungsABA@... wrote:

>

> In a message dated 6/2/2007 10:26:56 AM Eastern

> Daylight Time,

> pennyhoule@... writes:

>

> I'd love it if you'd share your story with us on the

> forum. What you know

> about the causes, what you've done to deal with it,

> anything, etc.

>

> I'm really happy you're doing so well.

>

> penny

>

>

>

> I am a 30 year old female with Aspergers. I was

> born in '76. I had a

> difficult birth/delivery. I was delivered by

> forceps (they were still used back

> then) by four doctors trying to get me out.

> Unfortunately this caused a brain

> injury (which was not even diagnosed until 2002!).

> Growing up there were some

> " flags. " too. When I was just months old, I would

> flap my arms in the high

> chair. Then, when I was 2 years old, I walked away

> from the dinner table, went

> outside and started walking down the street in the

> rain. It didn't even bother

> me, I was just walking aimlessly. LOL, my Mum also

> described me as a

> " live-wire. " I made my two brothers look like

> " sissies. " But maybe that explains my

> sexual orientation more than my autism, LOL! I was

> also very scared of noises

> (motorcycles, etc.), afraid of bugs, insects,

> birds, ants, etc. I screamed

> and cried a lot. Later on, during school, I had

> difficulty learning (I did have

> some learning disabilities, but outgrew them as I

> got older and learned in

> my own way). My second grade teacher didn't know

> what to do with me, so she

> put me in the back of the class, turned my desk

> around (facing the window) and

> just gave me some papers to do. This was a

> parochial school (which we know is

> more advanced than public school) I struggled until

> 5th grade. I had so much

> anxiety (hair pulling, nail biting, etc.) Finally I

> wasn't able to keep up

> with the parochial school teaching and I was

> transferred for a few months to a

> public school. Then, I continued on to public

> school for middle school and

> high school. I thrived there. It was slower,

> easier, etc. I had difficulty

> making friends, of course. In Middle School, I was

> able to take regular English,

> and the rest of my classes were in a Bright LD

> class. Then, in High School,

> my intelligence grew, I only needed Math as a SPED

> class. And even in my

> senior year, I was accepted into Honors English

> (AP), I acted in the high school

> play, Hamlet (playing Laertes). After school, months

> after I graduated, I got

> into the music business (travelling through MA, NY,

> PA, OH, KY and finally

> staying in TN for a while to try and get my music

> started.) I have many

> interests, as you can see on my Myspace page

> (_www.myspace.com/affectionateartist_

> (http://www.myspace.com/affectionateartist) ). I

> still do have problems - with

> making friends - making small talk (however, I've

> found that using Sign

> Language helps me express my feelings and helps me

> communicate better), hard

> making eye contact sometimes, having difficulty with

> change, occasional

> shyness/withdrawing if I'm sad or scared,

> overwhelmed by crowds, lights, noises, etc.

> and sharing waaaay too much detail, LOL, etc. - but

> I am continually learning

> and things are continually getting better. So on

> that note, to conclude, I'd

> have to say especially to parents of children with

> Aspergers - Don't

> dispair. Your child can do and be anything. I've

> overcome a great deal and without

> sounding egocentric, I am proud to be an example of

> what people with Aspergers

> can accomplish.

>

>

>

> ************************************** See what's

> free at http://www.aol.com.

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with

FareChase.

http://farechase./

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/3/2007 2:28:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time, msmabrry@... writes:

Very interesting story. You are not egocentric. Youraccomplishments are wonderful for anyone. I amwondering why you are on this site.I haven'nt followedclosely so maybe you have already told us. Do you haveCFS as well? What are your infectious symptoms? Marie

Hi Marie,

Thank you very much. I'm on this site because I

have a lot of inflammation in my body due to

having Multiple Sclerosis. I also get a lot of lung,

bladder, dental and various infections. So this list

is very informative and friendly when dealing

with infections or inflammation.

KLS

ThunderLungsABA@... See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

KLS,

I hope you will find ideas to pursue in treating your MS. I know over

the years I had the docs suggest I had lupus and MS, but my lab

results were never quite there. It may be that you can find some

underlying infections to treat that will lessen or relieve your MS.

I listened to the song on your website and found myself enthralled

with the child's voice singing parts of the song.

Then the strangest thing happened at church today - or maybe not so

strange. We read a study on Augustine's " Confessions. " He described

sitting in his house and weeping because he didn't know what to do

with his life. Then he heard a child's voice outside the window

saying, " Pick it up, read it, Pick it up, read it. " The voice

repeated this over and over. He tried to think of a child's game or

song where this was the words, but could not.

So he opened the book in front of him which was a Bible and read the

first thing he saw. This is a bit unusual for a scholarly, rational

person to do. What he read was Romans 13:13. But the relevance to us

is not the verse HE read but that there is a God who directs even

what seems to be chance.

I have found this to be true on occasion both in spiritual things and

in seeking physical health. I like to think I am totally rational and

totally in control of my choices, but sometimes you hear that " child

outside the window... "

a Carnes

>

>

> In a message dated 6/3/2007 2:28:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

> msmabrry@... writes:

>

> Very interesting story. You are not egocentric. Your

> accomplishments are wonderful for anyone. I am

> wondering why you are on this site.I haven'nt followed

> closely so maybe you have already told us. Do you have

> CFS as well? What are your infectious symptoms?

> Marie

>

>

> Hi Marie,

>

> Thank you very much. I'm on this site because I

> have a lot of inflammation in my body due to

> having Multiple Sclerosis. I also get a lot of lung,

> bladder, dental and various infections. So this list

> is very informative and friendly when dealing

> with infections or inflammation.

>

> KLS

> _ThunderLungsABA@..._ (mailto:ThunderLungsABA@...)

>

>

>

> ************************************** See what's free at

http://www.aol.com.

>

Guest guest

KLS,

Hi a,

I hope you will find ideas to pursue in treating your MS. I know over the years I had the docs suggest I had lupus and MS, but my lab results were never quite there. It may be that you can find some underlying infections to treat that will lessen or relieve your MS.

Thank you. Yeah. I believe my MS is caused by amalgam

fillings and over the next few weeks I'm having them all removed.

I've heard wonderful stories of healing from just this alone. And

also a clairvoyant agrees. See the site below.

http://www.hugginsappliedhealing.com/testimonials.php?PHPSESSID=fe64e04ee3f900a4576b2d1ef92aa874

I listened to the song on your website and found myself enthralled with the child's voice singing parts of the song.

Yeah, he's very sweet. :)Then the strangest thing happened at church today - or maybe not so strange. We read a study on Augustine's "Confessions." He described sitting in his house and weeping because he didn't know what to do with his life. Then he heard a child's voice outside the window saying, "Pick it up, read it, Pick it up, read it." The voice repeated this over and over. He tried to think of a child's game or song where this was the words, but could not.

Oh that's wild. :)So he opened the book in front of him which was a Bible and read the first thing he saw. This is a bit unusual for a scholarly, rational person to do. What he read was Romans 13:13. But the relevance to us is not the verse HE read but that there is a God who directs even what seems to be chance.

Yeah :)I have found this to be true on occasion both in spiritual things and in seeking physical health. I like to think I am totally rational and totally in control of my choices, but sometimes you hear that "child outside the window..."

Yeah. :) This is true. :) That's a great story. Thanks for sharing it.a Carnes

KLSSee what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the warning. I'm actually not having them

drilled out. They're actually decayed so they're being

fully extracted. And I have a wonderful holistic dentist

who's doing my care. They specialize in this.

KLSSee what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

ThunderLungs,

Please, please seek out a competent biological dentist to

properly remediate your mercury fillings. Fillings are removed by

being drilled out. This vaporizes the mercury right in your mouth,

which is likely to *increase* your mercury load rather than decrease it.

Even when the removal is done properly (with a rubber dam protecting

your mucus membranes and a vacuum device to suck out the vapor and

oxygen delivered to your nose) you are apt to stir up some mercury in

your system. I am not in bad health, but I had this procedure done

last summer, preceded by taking glutahtione and followed up by a

vitamin C IV (supposed to help detox), and I felt weak and emotionally

unstable for a couple of weeks afterwards (mercury tends to cause

emotional distress). My wife, who is severe CFS / MCS, is still

recovering from a horrible downturn in her health since removing a

mercury filling two years ago (this was NOT done properly, at the time

we were blissfully ignorant of the scope of the risk we were taking).

--Bob

ThunderLungsABA@...

wrote:

Thank you. Yeah. I

believe my MS is caused by amalgam

fillings and over

the next few weeks I'm having them all removed.

I've heard wonderful

stories of healing from just this alone. And

also a clairvoyant

agrees. See the site below.

http://www.hugginsappliedhealing.com/testimonials.php?PHPSESSID=fe64e04ee3f900a4576b2d1ef92aa874

I

Guest guest

I agree with Bob. People who are already ill may have a sharp decline in health after removing mercury. I've heard this time and again from people I know who wish they'd never done it. To be honest, I've never heard an actual success story from any real person in real life. Only a lot of wishful thinking and rationalizing. Also, one biological dentist I know says that nickel (under people's so-called "porcelain" crowns, can have more negative health effects than mercury). Be sure you do your homework on this and any dental procedures. From my experience and observations, any messing around in your mouth is just opening the door to all kinds of negative possibilities, not the least of which is introducing new, resistant bacteria that's flying all over these dental offices. Whatever you do, be sure your doc prescribes some very good & adequate coverage (not a day or 2) of antibiotics when having any kind of

major procedure done. These days, people with heart problems are being given antibiotics even for teeth cleaning. It's a risky business. penny Bob Grommes <bob@...> wrote: ThunderLungs,Please, please seek out a competent biological dentist to properly remediate your mercury fillings. Fillings are removed by being drilled out. This vaporizes the mercury right in your mouth, which is

likely to *increase* your mercury load rather than decrease it.Even when the removal is done properly (with a rubber dam protecting your mucus membranes and a vacuum device to suck out the vapor and oxygen delivered to your nose) you are apt to stir up some mercury in your system. I am not in bad health, but I had this procedure done last summer, preceded by taking glutahtione and followed up by a vitamin C IV (supposed to help detox), and I felt weak and emotionally unstable for a couple of weeks afterwards (mercury tends to cause emotional distress). My wife, who is severe CFS / MCS, is still recovering from a horrible downturn in her health since removing a mercury filling two years ago (this was NOT done properly, at the time we were blissfully ignorant of the scope of the risk we were taking).--BobThunderLungsABAaol

wrote: Thank you. Yeah. I believe my MS is caused by amalgam fillings and over the next few weeks I'm having them all removed. I've heard wonderful stories of healing from just this alone. And also a clairvoyant agrees. See the site below. http://www.hugginsappliedhealing.com/testimonials.php?PHPSESSID=fe64e04ee3f900a4576b2d1ef92aa874 I

Guest guest

they nearly killed me when given me some iv during the procedure, it did nothing for me and I would strongly advise to look else where for solutions. For MS 'related' try looking here cpnhelp.orgbestbleuim well thank you everyone sOn 4 Jun 2007, at 18:10, Bob Grommes wrote:ThunderLungs,Please, please seek out a competent biological dentist to properly remediate your mercury fillings.  Fillings are removed by being drilled out.  This vaporizes the mercury right in your mouth, which is likely to *increase* your mercury load rather than decrease it.Even when the removal is done properly (with a rubber dam protecting your mucus membranes and a vacuum device to suck out the vapor and oxygen delivered to your nose) you are apt to stir up some mercury in your system.  I am not in bad health, but I had this procedure done last summer, preceded by taking glutahtione and followed up by a vitamin C IV (supposed to help detox), and I felt weak and emotionally unstable for a couple of weeks afterwards (mercury tends to cause emotional distress).  My wife, who is severe CFS / MCS, is still recovering from a horrible downturn in her health since removing a mercury filling two years ago (this was NOT done properly, at the time we were blissfully ignorant of the scope of the risk we were taking).--BobThunderLungsABAaol wrote:  Thank you. Yeah. I believe my MS is caused by amalgamfillings and over the next few weeks I'm having them all removed.I've heard wonderful stories of healing from just this alone. Andalso a clairvoyant agrees. See the site below. http://www.hugginsappliedhealing.com/testimonials.php?PHPSESSID=fe64e04ee3f900a4576b2d1ef92aa874I

Guest guest

I love that site. You could change the name and add many other bugs. Just because you test negative for CPN doesn't mean it's not a very useful site. This is how so many of these bugs work. Glad you're well. What's going on treatment wise? pennyAgentbleu <colourbleu@...> wrote: they nearly killed me when given me some iv during the procedure, it did nothing for me and I would strongly advise to look else where for solutions. For MS 'related' try

looking here cpnhelp.org best bleu im well thank you everyone s On 4 Jun 2007, at 18:10, Bob Grommes wrote: ThunderLungs,Please, please seek out a competent biological dentist to properly remediate your mercury fillings. Fillings are removed by being drilled out. This vaporizes the mercury right in your mouth, which is likely to *increase* your mercury load rather than decrease it.Even when the removal is done properly (with a rubber dam protecting your mucus membranes and a vacuum device to suck out the vapor and oxygen delivered to your nose) you are apt to stir up some mercury in your system. I am not in bad health, but I had this procedure done last summer, preceded by taking glutahtione and followed up by a vitamin C IV (supposed to help detox), and I felt weak and emotionally unstable

for a couple of weeks afterwards (mercury tends to cause emotional distress). My wife, who is severe CFS / MCS, is still recovering from a horrible downturn in her health since removing a mercury filling two years ago (this was NOT done properly, at the time we were blissfully ignorant of the scope of the risk we were taking).--BobThunderLungsABAaol wrote: Thank you. Yeah. I believe my MS is caused by amalgam fillings and over the next few weeks I'm having them all removed. I've heard wonderful stories of healing from just this alone. And also a clairvoyant agrees. See the site below. http://www.hugginsappliedhealing.com/testimonials.php?PHPSESSID=fe64e04ee3f900a4576b2d1ef92aa874 I

Guest guest

Hi Penny No treatment, I did about 14 months of fungizone (oral) and Lamisl that made a huge difference, if you look at cpnhelp they have people with all sorts on there, and personally i have never been a fan of naming and shaming, I dont really care what its called but what it reacts too.hope all is well. i still readbleu On 5 Jun 2007, at 02:08, Penny Houle wrote:I love that site. You could change the name and add many other bugs. Just because you test negative for CPN doesn't mean it's not a very useful site. This is how so many of these bugs work. Glad you're well. What's going on treatment wise? pennyAgentbleu <colourbleufree (DOT) fr> wrote:they nearly killed me when given me some iv during the procedure, it did nothing for me and I would strongly advise to look else where for solutions. For MS 'related' try looking here cpnhelp.orgbestbleuim well thank you everyone sOn 4 Jun 2007, at 18:10, Bob Grommes wrote:ThunderLungs,Please, please seek out a competent biological dentist to properly remediate your mercury fillings.  Fillings are removed by being drilled out.  This vaporizes the mercury right in your mouth, which is likely to *increase* your mercury load rather than decrease it.Even when the removal is done properly (with a rubber dam protecting your mucus membranes and a vacuum device to suck out the vapor and oxygen delivered to your nose) you are apt to stir up some mercury in your system.  I am not in bad health, but I had this procedure done last summer, preceded by taking glutahtione and followed up by a vitamin C IV (supposed to help detox), and I felt weak and emotionally unstable for a couple of weeks afterwards (mercury tends to cause emotional distress).  My wife, who is severe CFS / MCS, is still recovering from a horrible downturn in her health since removing a mercury filling two years ago (this was NOT done properly, at the time we were blissfully ignorant of the scope of the risk we were taking).--BobThunderLungsABAaol wrote:  Thank you. Yeah. I believe my MS is caused by amalgamfillings and over the next few weeks I'm having them all removed.I've heard wonderful stories of healing from just this alone. Andalso a clairvoyant agrees. See the site below. http://www.hugginsappliedhealing.com/testimonials.php?PHPSESSID=fe64e04ee3f900a4576b2d1ef92aa874I