RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Aspergers Syndrome?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I've known at least one person with classic Aspergers. She was very bright but was completely fixated on certain things. One was that she wanted to be a "singing star" and two, that she was a victim. No amount of reasoning could ever change her mind on these two things. I now realize that probably some of the people who are made fun of on American Idol type shows could likely have some form of Aspergers. They sincerely believe they are meant to do these things and are good at them despite all the evidence and critiques to the contrary. Since this condition was identified only recently, there could be far more of it around than we realize. Certainly seems there are people on these forums who become completely fixated on certain ideas (more than our average preferences and beliefs). If autism has some kind of microbial or immune

system basis, then so could Aspergers since they're related. All kinds of so called "mental" illnesses could for all we know. Maybe even addictions. I hope society starts cracking the infection code soon. With all the instant communication and interaction going on these days, all kinds of people could be impacted pretty seriously in all kinds of ways. penny pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote: Aspergers diagnosis is a tricky

business. When does one cross over the line and get a label? Our two sons are brilliant but socially inept - classic nerds as it were. The older one was so poor at social skills that when we had birthday parties for him we had to send him to his room, because he couldn't get along with the kids at his party. We know this son has Lyme disease, and he is the one who was the most difficult socially growing up. However, at this time he has several lifelong friends and is very loyal to them, and they him. He also runs his own company and just came home from a month in China. Perhaps a touch of Aspergers can be a good thing. The other son is being destroyed by a borderline woman, but he has a PhD and a great job in research. I tend to think that many of our "mental illnesses" are physical. I don't know what is going on with this son. It is heartbreaking.a Carnes>> Anyone here know anyone dx'd with

Aspergers Syndrome? It's a mild form of autism with some very specific personality traits. It's purported that Bill Gates may have a very mild form of it.> > penny>

Guest guest

Dear Penny

You and I have apparently very different concepts of Aspergers. However we have common ground, go look at Goldberg and .

Regards

R

Re: [infections] Re: Aspergers Syndrome?

I've known at least one person with classic Aspergers. She was very bright but was completely fixated on certain things. One was that she wanted to be a "singing star" and two, that she was a victim. No amount of reasoning could ever change her mind on these two things.

I now realize that probably some of the people who are made fun of on American Idol type shows could likely have some form of Aspergers. They sincerely believe they are meant to do these things and are good at them despite all the evidence and critiques to the contrary.

Since this condition was identified only recently, there could be far more of it around than we realize. Certainly seems there are people on these forums who become completely fixated on certain ideas (more than our average preferences and beliefs).

If autism has some kind of microbial or immune system basis, then so could Aspergers since they're related. All kinds of so called "mental" illnesses could for all we know. Maybe even addictions. I hope society starts cracking the infection code soon. With all the instant communication and interaction going on these days, all kinds of people could be impacted pretty seriously in all kinds of ways.

penny

pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote:

Aspergers diagnosis is a tricky business. When does one cross over the line and get a label? Our two sons are brilliant but socially inept - classic nerds as it were. The older one was so poor at social skills that when we had birthday parties for him we had to send him to his room, because he couldn't get along with the kids at his party. We know this son has Lyme disease, and he is the one who was the most difficult socially growing up. However, at this time he has several lifelong friends and is very loyal to them, and they him. He also runs his own company and just came home from a month in China. Perhaps a touch of Aspergers can be a good thing. The other son is being destroyed by a borderline woman, but he has a PhD and a great job in research. I tend to think that many of our "mental illnesses" are physical. I don't know what is going on with this son. It is heartbreaking.a Carnes>> Anyone here know anyone dx'd with Aspergers Syndrome? It's a mild form of autism with some very specific personality traits. It's purported that Bill Gates may have a very mild form of it.> > penny>

Guest guest

Dear Tony

Have look at Strep and PANDAS, you are right on target. (Bastard when I know there is "I told you so" coming LOL)

R

[infections] Re: Aspergers Syndrome?

Geez PennyA lot of what we suffer is halfway into the brain. I have no doubt that a sore throat is way beyond what anyone can imagine- so all thses complexeties start kicking in- which parts of the brain cause what, is what needs looking into.> Aspergers diagnosis is a tricky business. When does one cross over > the line and get a label? Our two sons are brilliant but socially > inept - classic nerds as it were. The older one was so poor at social > skills that when we had birthday parties for him we had to send him > to his room, because he couldn't get along with the kids at his > party. We know this son has Lyme disease, and he is the one who was > the most difficult socially growing up. However, at this time he has > several lifelong friends and is very loyal to them, and they him. He > also runs his own company and just came home from a month in China. > Perhaps a touch of Aspergers can be a good thing. The other son is > being destroyed by a borderline woman, but he has a PhD and a great > job in research. I tend to think that many of our "mental illnesses" > are physical. I don't know what is going on with this son. It is > heartbreaking.> > a Carnes> > >> > Anyone here know anyone dx'd with Aspergers Syndrome? It's a mild > form of autism with some very specific personality traits. It's > purported that Bill Gates may have a very mild form of it.> > > > penny> >>

Guest guest

Dear Tony

I must have had a sheltered upbringing. These are priceless

R

[infections] Re: Aspergers Syndrome?

I need to share this with you->> We all know those cute little computer symbols called "emoticons," >where:>:) means a smile and>>:( is a frown.>>Sometimes these are represented by>:-)>>:-(>>Well, how about some "ASSICONS?">Here goes:>>(_!_) a regular ass>>(__!__) a fat ass>>(!) a tight ass>>(_*_) a sore ass>>{_!_} a swishy ass>>(_o_) an ass that's been around>>>>>(_x_) kiss my ass>>(_X_) leave my ass alone>>(_zzz_) a tired ass>>(_E=mc2_) a smart ass>>(_$_) Money coming out of his ass>>(_?_) Dumb Ass>>You have just been e-mooned!>>><<<tony>>>>>>>>>>> > Aspergers diagnosis is a tricky business. When does one > cross over > > the line and get a label? Our two sons are brilliant but socially > > inept - classic nerds as it were. The older one was so poor at > social > > skills that when we had birthday parties for him we had to send him > > to his room, because he couldn't get along with the kids at his > > party. We know this son has Lyme disease, and he is the one who was > > the most difficult socially growing up. However, at this time he > has > > several lifelong friends and is very loyal to them, and they him. > He > > also runs his own company and just came home from a month in China. > > Perhaps a touch of Aspergers can be a good thing. The other son is > > being destroyed by a borderline woman, but he has a PhD and a great > > job in research. I tend to think that many of our "mental > illnesses" > > are physical. I don't know what is going on with this son. It is > > heartbreaking.> > > > a Carnes> > > > >> > > Anyone here know anyone dx'd with Aspergers Syndrome? It's a mild > > form of autism with some very specific personality traits. It's > > purported that Bill Gates may have a very mild form of it.> > > > > > penny> > >> >>

Guest guest

Yes, I'm not sure where we differ at this point? Is it the fact that I think there may be more than a few cases around? After spending a lot of time interacting with a person who has it, it occurs to me that it may be much more common than we realize. Just that perhaps it can be more subtle in some people. Perhaps they just seem quirky, stubborn or socially challenged. I mean if Bill Gates is rumored to have it, he's certainly an example of someone very successful who's managed to live with it. It's like Bi-polar disorder. I've read that 10% of the population has it in a very mild form. So mild that most never even know they have it, are certainly never dx'd. penny Windsor <rwindsor@...> wrote: Dear Penny You and I have apparently very different concepts of Aspergers. However we have common ground, go look at Goldberg and . Regards R Re: [infections] Re: Aspergers Syndrome? I've known at least one person with classic Aspergers. She was very bright but was completely fixated on certain things. One was that she wanted to be a "singing star" and two, that she was a victim. No amount of reasoning could ever change her mind on these two things. I now realize that probably some of the people who are made fun of on American Idol type shows could likely have some form of Aspergers. They sincerely believe they are meant to do these things and are good at them despite all the evidence and critiques to the contrary. Since this condition was identified only recently, there could be far more of it around than we realize. Certainly seems there are people on these forums who become completely fixated on certain ideas (more than our average preferences and beliefs). If autism has some kind of microbial or immune system basis, then so could Aspergers since they're related. All kinds of so called "mental" illnesses could for all we know. Maybe even addictions. I hope society starts cracking the infection code soon. With all the instant communication and interaction going on these days, all kinds of people could be impacted pretty seriously in all kinds of ways. penny pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote: Aspergers diagnosis is a tricky business. When does one cross over the line and get a label? Our two sons are brilliant but socially inept - classic nerds as it were. The older one was so poor at social skills that when we had birthday parties for him we had to send him to his room, because he couldn't get along with the kids at his party. We know this son has Lyme disease, and he is the one who was the most difficult socially growing up. However, at this time he has several lifelong friends and is very loyal to them, and they him. He also runs his own company and just came home from a month in China. Perhaps a touch of Aspergers can be a good thing. The other son is being destroyed by a borderline woman, but he has a PhD and a great job in research. I tend to think that many of our "mental illnesses" are physical. I don't know what is going on with this son. It is heartbreaking.a

Carnes>> Anyone here know anyone dx'd with Aspergers Syndrome? It's a mild form of autism with some very specific personality traits. It's purported that Bill Gates may have a very mild form of it.> > penny>

Guest guest

I don't like the word "insanity". I've met schizophrenics who I think at times are far more perceptive than the average joe. I'm just interested in the "syndrome" and conditions like it and how far reaching they could perhaps be. For example, could someone extremely fixated on ticks have a mild form of aspergers? ;-) And can a mother pass it to her son? :-) penny pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote: Penny, you wrote she was "completely fixated on things." There is a fine line between genius and insanity. My son is a good example of this. He weeded an entire row of tomato plants NO WEEDS left at age three. (No, he didn't flap his hands endlessly, just pulled weeds.) He never would play at piano recitals because he didn't have the piece perfected. When he started trading stocks he memorized the abbreviation for every stock in the market and expected those who worked for him to do the same. Was he high functioning Asbergers? THANK GOD he was born in 1972 - just a bit before all this insane labeling started or he might have been damaged for life. As it is he has a LIFE. Is he normal? Heck no. I bet he got a tick bite in that tomato patch.a>> Dear Penny> You and I have apparently very different concepts of Aspergers. However

we have common ground, go look at Goldberg and .> Regards> R> Re: [infections] Re: Aspergers Syndrome?> > > > I've known at least one person with classic Aspergers. She was very bright but was completely fixated on certain things. One was that she wanted to be a "singing star" and two, that she was a victim. No amount of reasoning could ever change her mind on these two things. > > I now realize that probably some of the people who are made fun of on American Idol type shows could likely have some form of Aspergers. They sincerely believe they are meant to do these things and are good at them despite all

the evidence and critiques to the contrary. > > Since this condition was identified only recently, there could be far more of it around than we realize. Certainly seems there are people on these forums who become completely fixated on certain ideas (more than our average preferences and beliefs). > > If autism has some kind of microbial or immune system basis, then so could Aspergers since they're related. All kinds of so called "mental" illnesses could for all we know. Maybe even addictions. I hope society starts cracking the infection code soon. With all the instant communication and interaction going on these days, all kinds of people could be impacted pretty seriously in all kinds of ways. > > penny> > > > pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote:> Aspergers diagnosis is a tricky business. When does one cross over > the line and get a label? Our two

sons are brilliant but socially > inept - classic nerds as it were. The older one was so poor at social > skills that when we had birthday parties for him we had to send him > to his room, because he couldn't get along with the kids at his > party. We know this son has Lyme disease, and he is the one who was > the most difficult socially growing up. However, at this time he has > several lifelong friends and is very loyal to them, and they him. He > also runs his own company and just came home from a month in China. > Perhaps a touch of Aspergers can be a good thing. The other son is > being destroyed by a borderline woman, but he has a PhD and a great > job in research. I tend to think that many of our "mental illnesses" > are physical. I don't know what is going on with this son. It is > heartbreaking.> > a Carnes>

> >> > Anyone here know anyone dx'd with Aspergers Syndrome? It's a mild > form of autism with some very specific personality traits. It's > purported that Bill Gates may have a very mild form of it.> > > > penny> >>

Guest guest

No arguments from me. Just wish we could open the eyes of the people who are running the show. penny Windsor <rwindsor@...> wrote: Dear Tony Have look at Strep and PANDAS, you are right on target. (Bastard when I know there is "I told you so" coming LOL) R [infections] Re: Aspergers Syndrome? Geez PennyA lot of what we suffer is halfway into the brain. I have no doubt that a sore throat is way beyond what anyone can imagine- so all thses complexeties start kicking in- which parts of the brain cause what, is what needs looking into.> Aspergers diagnosis is a tricky business. When does one cross over > the line and get a label? Our two sons are brilliant but socially > inept - classic nerds as it were. The older one was so poor at social > skills that when we had birthday parties for him we had to send him > to his room, because he couldn't get along with the kids at his > party. We know this son has Lyme disease, and he is the one who was > the most difficult socially growing up.

However, at this time he has > several lifelong friends and is very loyal to them, and they him. He > also runs his own company and just came home from a month in China. > Perhaps a touch of Aspergers can be a good thing. The other son is > being destroyed by a borderline woman, but he has a PhD and a great > job in research. I tend to think that many of our "mental illnesses" > are physical. I don't know what is going on with this son. It is > heartbreaking.> > a Carnes> > >> > Anyone here know anyone dx'd with Aspergers Syndrome? It's a mild > form of autism with some very specific personality traits. It's > purported that Bill Gates may have a very mild form of it.> > > > penny> >>