RemedySpot.com

Re: My Neice/Iraqi veteran/Histoplasmosis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Barb,

Really sorry about your niece. I had been wondering how she was doing but I thought she might be out of the woods with the Crohn's but I remember your saying that the parents were just letting the doctors look after her, so I was periodically wondering how she was going. I should've known: remicade (and imuran but I don't know what that is but I guess it is an immuno-suppressant).

Has she had ANY abx at all at any stage? Any flagyl or tinidazole for the crohn's? In large doses they can help with some fungal things.

Have they tested the "fungal nodules" on her skin?

Don't worry I know you don't have the answers, just thinking out loud.

Nelly

[infections] My Neice/Iraqi veteran/Histoplasmosis

OK- How's this for a bad scenario:26 YO female completes an 18 mo tour in Iraq (secret mission) - goes on a month vacation around the world..... comes home to central Indianna and within a month is down with Crohns - after multiple hospital stays and a section of intestine out - is OK for only about a year when she contacts a really bad case of systemic fungla infection ( from being on REMICADE AND IMURAN and living in an endemic area for Histo).Now's she's in a VA hospital for over a week with a fever anywhere from 102 to 106 - and rally not getting any better (she's on IV ant-fungals - but I don't know what drugs) but she hasn't gotten worse (like dead).News from her mom is she's off all immunosuppressive drugs and crohns is quiet - Damn- she got to the stage where she had nodules full of fungus on her body - AND couldn't breath (with extreme fatigue) before they figured it out.I've heard the VA is pretty bad- I try not to sterotype- but I see a couple of areas of in conpentance here (like prescribing Remicade in the first place).I'll fins out what drugs she's on- although parents aren't tuned into the technical end of things the way we are.BarbPS- I always though she contracted something somewhere in the world the way crohns came on so fast (and bad) with her... no one agreed though.

Guest guest

Wow, really interesting. I know 2 people who came back from the first war with Gulf War Syndrome. One was a surfer who was really fit before he went over. He was very sick for over a year after he got back. He says he's well now, but that it took very careful diet and holistic type treatments. His wife's a well known Autism researcher who believes there's some kind of infectious basis for autism, possibly through childhood immunizations. He does say that his entire unit got sick within a couple of days of receiving some kind of new immunization (which was later suspended but of course no fault was admitted). The second guy, my husband's cousin, is still sick. penny Barb Peck <egroups1bp@...> wrote: OK- How's this for a bad scenario:26 YO female completes an 18 mo tour in Iraq (secret mission) - goes on a month vacation around the world..... comes home to central Indianna and within a month is down with Crohns - after multiple hospital stays and a section of intestine out - is OK for only about a year when she contacts a really bad case of systemic fungla infection ( from being on REMICADE AND IMURAN and living in an endemic area for Histo).Now's she's in a VA hospital for over a week with a fever anywhere from 102 to 106 - and rally not getting any better (she's on IV ant-fungals - but I don't know what drugs) but she hasn't gotten worse (like

dead).News from her mom is she's off all immunosuppressive drugs and crohns is quiet - Damn- she got to the stage where she had nodules full of fungus on her body - AND couldn't breath (with extreme fatigue) before they figured it out.I've heard the VA is pretty bad- I try not to sterotype- but I see a couple of areas of in conpentance here (like prescribing Remicade in the first place).I'll fins out what drugs she's on- although parents aren't tuned into the technical end of things the way we are.BarbPS- I always though she contracted something somewhere in the world the way crohns came on so fast (and bad) with her... no one agreed though.