RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: negative TB test results

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Did I miss something, I heard reports that the person

had a mass about the size of a golf ball, that needed

to be cut out. Is there a question, that he has TB?

--- pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote:

> If his fiancee wasn't infected why would folks on a

> plane be? Also,

> where did he get the infection???? There have only

> been 2 cases

> diagnosed in the entire US, but father-in-law works

> with TB at the CDC

> in Atlanta. What is wrong with this picture?

>

> a

>

>

> >

> > Just heard the latest report on the TB patient. 2

> tests have come

> back negative and they're waiting for the 3rd. If it

> is also negative,

> they're saying that he can " probably be considered

> fairly non-

> contagious " .

> >

> > Cracks me up.

> >

> > Just shows you that these tests aren't 100% and

> even if you're

> infected you can test negative for a number of

> reasons. People

> shouldn't necessarily believe the first negative

> result they get,

> especially if they've got symptoms. We have to start

> pushing doctors

> for more comprehensive bacterial testing. Not just a

> brush off, or

> worse, no testing at all. It's irresponsible on the

> parts of doctors.

> >

> > penny

> >

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.

http://new.toolbar./toolbar/features/mail/index.php

Guest guest

Yes, but 2 million people per year are dying of it. So which seems more absurd to you, the 2 million worldwide or the 2 in the U.S? Are we really that healthy in the U.S? It is weird that his father-in-law works at the CDC but not because that's necessarily how he got it. I think it's interesting because obviously he would have a better understanding of how to treat it. Also interesting that his father is a lawyer. I wonder what would be happening if a slightly more average citizen were dealing with this public hazard? Probably facing the lynch mobs. Also, newscasters are calling it a "rare" form of TB, which really irks me. All it is, is a very resistant form of the bacteria. Doesn't make it rare at all. He's just like a lot of us walking around with resistant bacteria and the possibility of spreading it to other susceptible

people, but these bugs aren't seen as threatening. Talk about foolish. This resistance is what a few doctors (and the American Academy of Pediatricians) have been trying to warn about, but no-one's listening. Also yes, the guy still has a "mass" in his lung but his tests are coming back negative and that makes him "probably not contagious". First off, shows how wrong tests can be. And secondly, it illustrates what usually happens if you have an infection that isn't responding to abx. Surgical removal. This is why you see so many diabetics get their feet amputated (although they often aren't provided with all the treatment available because it's so costly). It's also why it's so frustrating when that infected mass is in your jaw or your sinuses, because you can't amputate those areas & surgical removal is very tricky. The docs/dentists who work on those areas are

so undertrained that you wouldn't really want them to try. penny jim davis <jimd85379@...> wrote: Did I miss something, I heard reports that the personhad a mass about the size of a golf ball, that neededto be cut out. Is there a question, that he has TB?--- pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote:> If his fiancee wasn't infected why would folks on a>

plane be? Also, > where did he get the infection???? There have only> been 2 cases > diagnosed in the entire US, but father-in-law works> with TB at the CDC > in Atlanta. What is wrong with this picture?> > a> > > >> > Just heard the latest report on the TB patient. 2> tests have come > back negative and they're waiting for the 3rd. If it> is also negative, > they're saying that he can "probably be considered> fairly non-> contagious". > > > > Cracks me up. > > > > Just shows you that these tests aren't 100% and> even if you're > infected you can test negative for a number of> reasons. People > shouldn't necessarily believe the first negative> result they get, > especially if they've got symptoms. We have to start> pushing doctors > for more

comprehensive bacterial testing. Not just a> brush off, or > worse, no testing at all. It's irresponsible on the> parts of doctors.> > > > penny> >> > > __________________________________________________________Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.http://new.toolbar./toolbar/features/mail/index.php

Guest guest

Dear a

As the feds were able to exactly trace the origin of the post 9/11 anthrax to a specific lab, I have no doubt that they could do the same with TB, I suspect that it might prove equally embarrassing.

Regards

R

[infections] Re: negative TB test results

I meant to write that the fiancee does not have TB. Yes, the man has TB. As to how he got it - it is not unusual to get TB in the US - it is very unusual to get the strain of TB this young, otherwise healthy, upper middle class man has. That is why I wonder if he got it by way of the CDC and perhaps some careless work coming out the door.I don't know, and I don't think we ever will know.a Carnes>> Yes, but 2 million people per year are dying of it. So which seems more absurd to you, the 2 million worldwide or the 2 in the U.S? Are we really that healthy in the U.S? > > It is weird that his father-in-law works at the CDC but not because that's necessarily how he got it. I think it's interesting because obviously he would have a better understanding of how to treat it. Also interesting that his father is a lawyer. I wonder what would be happening if a slightly more average citizen were dealing with this public hazard? Probably facing the lynch mobs. > > Also, newscasters are calling it a "rare" form of TB, which really irks me. All it is, is a very resistant form of the bacteria. Doesn't make it rare at all. He's just like a lot of us walking around with resistant bacteria and the possibility of spreading it to other susceptible people, but these bugs aren't seen as threatening. Talk about foolish. This resistance is what a few doctors (and the American Academy of Pediatricians) have been trying to warn about, but no-one's listening.> > Also yes, the guy still has a "mass" in his lung but his tests are coming back negative and that makes him "probably not contagious". First off, shows how wrong tests can be. And secondly, it illustrates what usually happens if you have an infection that isn't responding to abx. Surgical removal. This is why you see so many diabetics get their feet amputated (although they often aren't provided with all the treatment available because it's so costly). > > It's also why it's so frustrating when that infected mass is in your jaw or your sinuses, because you can't amputate those areas & surgical removal is very tricky. The docs/dentists who work on those areas are so undertrained that you wouldn't really want them to try.> > penny> > > > > > jim davis <jimd85379@...> wrote:> Did I miss something, I heard reports that the person> had a mass about the size of a golf ball, that needed> to be cut out. Is there a question, that he has TB?> --- pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote:> > > If his fiancee wasn't infected why would folks on a> > plane be? Also, > > where did he get the infection???? There have only> > been 2 cases > > diagnosed in the entire US, but father-in-law works> > with TB at the CDC > > in Atlanta. What is wrong with this picture?> > > > a> > > > > > >> > > Just heard the latest report on the TB patient. 2> > tests have come > > back negative and they're waiting for the 3rd. If it> > is also negative, > > they're saying that he can "probably be considered> > fairly non-> > contagious". > > > > > > Cracks me up. > > > > > > Just shows you that these tests aren't 100% and> > even if you're > > infected you can test negative for a number of> > reasons. People > > shouldn't necessarily believe the first negative> > result they get, > > especially if they've got symptoms. We have to start> > pushing doctors > > for more comprehensive bacterial testing. Not just a> > brush off, or > > worse, no testing at all. It's irresponsible on the> > parts of doctors.> > > > > > penny> > >> > > > > > > > __________________________________________________________> Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.> http://new.toolbar./toolbar/features/mail/index.php>

Guest guest

What's so strange about this strain of TB? All I can find is that it is resistant to 2 drugs. Omigod! must have come from another planet. Oh wait...that's what all good bacteria do. Adapt, migrate or DIE!!!! Don't buy all the hype, a. penny pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote: I meant to write that the fiancee does not have TB. Yes, the man has TB. As to how he got it - it is not unusual to get TB in the US - it is very unusual to

get the strain of TB this young, otherwise healthy, upper middle class man has. That is why I wonder if he got it by way of the CDC and perhaps some careless work coming out the door.I don't know, and I don't think we ever will know.a Carnes>> Yes, but 2 million people per year are dying of it. So which seems more absurd to you, the 2 million worldwide or the 2 in the U.S? Are we really that healthy in the U.S? > > It is weird that his father-in-law works at the CDC but not because that's necessarily how he got it. I think it's interesting because obviously he would have a better understanding of how to treat it. Also interesting that his father is a lawyer. I wonder what would be happening if a slightly more average citizen were dealing with this public hazard? Probably facing the lynch mobs. > > Also, newscasters are calling it a "rare" form of TB, which really

irks me. All it is, is a very resistant form of the bacteria. Doesn't make it rare at all. He's just like a lot of us walking around with resistant bacteria and the possibility of spreading it to other susceptible people, but these bugs aren't seen as threatening. Talk about foolish. This resistance is what a few doctors (and the American Academy of Pediatricians) have been trying to warn about, but no-one's listening.> > Also yes, the guy still has a "mass" in his lung but his tests are coming back negative and that makes him "probably not contagious". First off, shows how wrong tests can be. And secondly, it illustrates what usually happens if you have an infection that isn't responding to abx. Surgical removal. This is why you see so many diabetics get their feet amputated (although they often aren't provided with all the treatment available because it's so costly). > > It's also why it's so

frustrating when that infected mass is in your jaw or your sinuses, because you can't amputate those areas & surgical removal is very tricky. The docs/dentists who work on those areas are so undertrained that you wouldn't really want them to try.> > penny> > > > > > jim davis <jimd85379@...> wrote:> Did I miss something, I heard reports that the person> had a mass about the size of a golf ball, that needed> to be cut out. Is there a question, that he has TB?> --- pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote:> > > If his fiancee wasn't infected why would folks on a> > plane be? Also, > > where did he get the infection???? There have only> > been 2 cases > > diagnosed in the entire US, but father-in-law works> > with TB at the CDC > > in Atlanta. What is wrong with this picture?> >

> > a> > > > > > >> > > Just heard the latest report on the TB patient. 2> > tests have come > > back negative and they're waiting for the 3rd. If it> > is also negative, > > they're saying that he can "probably be considered> > fairly non-> > contagious". > > > > > > Cracks me up. > > > > > > Just shows you that these tests aren't 100% and> > even if you're > > infected you can test negative for a number of> > reasons. People > > shouldn't necessarily believe the first negative> > result they get, > > especially if they've got symptoms. We have to start> > pushing doctors > > for more comprehensive bacterial testing. Not just a> > brush off, or > > worse, no testing at all. It's irresponsible on

the> > parts of doctors.> > > > > > penny> > >> > > > > > > > __________________________________________________________> Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.> http://new.toolbar./toolbar/features/mail/index.php>

Guest guest

I take that back. The news reported 2 drugs but I just found the following article which says: Speaker‘s strain has so far resisted at least 10 of 14 drugs available for treating TB, according to tests performed in Georgia, doctors said. Surgery to remove infected lung tissue that is about the size of a tennis ball is one option for Speaker. The infection‘s relatively small size increases the chances of success of any surgery. http://www.localnewswatch.com/skyvalley/stories/index.php?action=fullnews & id=119031 This is like the staph in my sinuses and jaw. Resistant to 12 of the first 14

abx they tested. And yet most people don't find that problematic? penny Penny Houle <pennyhoule@...> wrote: What's so strange about this strain of TB? All I can find is that it is resistant to 2 drugs. Omigod! must have come from another planet. Oh wait...that's what all good bacteria do. Adapt, migrate or DIE!!!! Don't buy all the hype, a. penny pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote: I meant to write that the fiancee does not have TB. Yes, the man has TB. As to how he got it - it is not unusual to get TB in the US - it is very unusual to get the strain of TB this young, otherwise healthy, upper middle class man has. That is why I wonder if he got it by way of the CDC and perhaps some careless work coming out the door.I don't know, and I don't think we ever will know.a Carnes>> Yes, but 2 million people per year are dying of it. So which seems more absurd to you, the 2 million worldwide or the 2 in the U.S? Are we really that healthy in the U.S? > > It is weird that his

father-in-law works at the CDC but not because that's necessarily how he got it. I think it's interesting because obviously he would have a better understanding of how to treat it. Also interesting that his father is a lawyer. I wonder what would be happening if a slightly more average citizen were dealing with this public hazard? Probably facing the lynch mobs. > > Also, newscasters are calling it a "rare" form of TB, which really irks me. All it is, is a very resistant form of the bacteria. Doesn't make it rare at all. He's just like a lot of us walking around with resistant bacteria and the possibility of spreading it to other susceptible people, but these bugs aren't seen as threatening. Talk about foolish. This resistance is what a few doctors (and the American Academy of Pediatricians) have been trying to warn about, but no-one's listening.> > Also yes, the guy still has a "mass" in his lung

but his tests are coming back negative and that makes him "probably not contagious". First off, shows how wrong tests can be. And secondly, it illustrates what usually happens if you have an infection that isn't responding to abx. Surgical removal. This is why you see so many diabetics get their feet amputated (although they often aren't provided with all the treatment available because it's so costly). > > It's also why it's so frustrating when that infected mass is in your jaw or your sinuses, because you can't amputate those areas & surgical removal is very tricky. The docs/dentists who work on those areas are so undertrained that you wouldn't really want them to try.> > penny> > > > > > jim davis <jimd85379@...> wrote:> Did I miss something, I heard reports that the person> had a mass about the size of a golf ball, that needed>

to be cut out. Is there a question, that he has TB?> --- pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote:> > > If his fiancee wasn't infected why would folks on a> > plane be? Also, > > where did he get the infection???? There have only> > been 2 cases > > diagnosed in the entire US, but father-in-law works> > with TB at the CDC > > in Atlanta. What is wrong with this picture?> > > > a> > > > > > >> > > Just heard the latest report on the TB patient. 2> > tests have come > > back negative and they're waiting for the 3rd. If it> > is also negative, > > they're saying that he can "probably be considered> > fairly non-> > contagious". > > > > > > Cracks me up. > > > > > > Just shows you that these tests aren't 100%

and> > even if you're > > infected you can test negative for a number of> > reasons. People > > shouldn't necessarily believe the first negative> > result they get, > > especially if they've got symptoms. We have to start> > pushing doctors > > for more comprehensive bacterial testing. Not just a> > brush off, or > > worse, no testing at all. It's irresponsible on the> > parts of doctors.> > > > > > penny> > >> > > > > > > > __________________________________________________________> Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.> http://new.toolbar./toolbar/features/mail/index.php>