sinus infection down) but the problem is, my nasal passages really

start to burn after a few days. Even with Breathe Ease they still get

really raw. So I'm looking for some kind of nasal oil, which is

apparently what they traditionally used in India with the old neti

pots. I'm a little afraid of using Sesame oil. I read about one very

expensive nasal oil but don't know if it's good either so I'm a bit

confused.

>

> Anyone have any experience with any kind of nasal oils?

>

> thanks,

>

> penny

>

Guest guest

You've got a sinus infection, a. Whether you can wrap your head around that doesn't matter because it's wrapping itself around your head. You've probably developed a plug of crusted, hard mucous up there somewhere causing a build up of additional mucous behind it with nowhere to go, becoming an infected pool of goo for some very happy bugs. All this results in the dizziness and the whole head pressure/headache thing. Giving it an occasional shot of bactroban just riles the bugs up to start firing off all their defenses and make you feel worse. I was just reading again today how untreated sinus infections can kill you. Fortunately for most of us, our bodies seem to find ways to circumvent the death thing, but we sure can feel crummier than hell because of it. Believe me, I know it well, and it drives me crazy that

something so simple can cause such poor health and yet be so completely ignored. Your best bet to to get unplugged is to get your sinuses really moist (irrigation) drink lots of water, breathe lots of steam, take stuff that thins the mucous like guaifenisen and anything else you can think of. The idea is to soften it up enough that hopefully that plug will slide out of there. And be sure to use antimicrobials when you put anything up there. The last thing you need is to just make it wetter for the bugs who love the dampness (like pseudomonas). I had one of these mucous plugs a couple months after my surgery (may have one now). My ENT told me that everything looked fine, and I kept telling her that I was still infected because my ear was hurting and I felt crappy. Finally she went up with a microscope, and sure enough found the plug, pulled it out, and I walked out of her office with the

earache magically gone. penny pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote: Penny, interesting you should bring this up. I coated my nose with Bactroban last week and also sprayed with Xylotol. Within 2 days I have a low grade fever and sore throat. My whole situation is totally confusing. )Please excuse if I wrote this before - my brain is also fried.)a>> The reason I was at that allergy site I just posted is because I'm looking for a

nasal oil. I need to keep using the betadine rinse in my Grossan Irrigator (as it seems to be the only thing that keeps the sinus infection down) but the problem is, my nasal passages really start to burn after a few days. Even with Breathe Ease they still get really raw. So I'm looking for some kind of nasal oil, which is apparently what they traditionally used in India with the old neti pots. I'm a little afraid of using Sesame oil. I read about one very expensive nasal oil but don't know if it's good either so I'm a bit confused.> > Anyone have any experience with any kind of nasal oils?> > thanks,> > penny>

Guest guest

Yes, Penny,

I use Ponaris Oil. You can buy it on line. Just do a

google for it. It is wonderful and soothing. I also

think it helps loosen up the mucus so it can be

drained. My ENT Dr. recommended it.

Marie

--- Penny Houle <pennyhoule@...> wrote:

> The reason I was at that allergy site I just posted

> is because I'm looking for a nasal oil. I need to

> keep using the betadine rinse in my Grossan

> Irrigator (as it seems to be the only thing that

> keeps the sinus infection down) but the problem is,

> my nasal passages really start to burn after a few

> days. Even with Breathe Ease they still get really

> raw. So I'm looking for some kind of nasal oil,

> which is apparently what they traditionally used in

> India with the old neti pots. I'm a little afraid of

> using Sesame oil. I read about one very expensive

> nasal oil but don't know if it's good either so I'm

> a bit confused.

>

> Anyone have any experience with any kind of nasal

> oils?

>

> thanks,

>

> penny

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.

http://new.toolbar./toolbar/features/mail/index.php

Guest guest

Thanks, Marie. That's one I saw. It was on the Amazon Marketplace for over $100! But I saw it on other sites for reasonable amounts, so maybe that was just some kind of mix up? pennyMarie Mayberry <msmabrry@...> wrote: Yes, Penny,I use Ponaris Oil. You can buy it on line. Just do agoogle for it. It is wonderful and soothing. I alsothink it helps loosen up the mucus so it can bedrained. My ENT Dr. recommended it. Marie---

Penny Houle <pennyhoule > wrote:> The reason I was at that allergy site I just posted> is because I'm looking for a nasal oil. I need to> keep using the betadine rinse in my Grossan> Irrigator (as it seems to be the only thing that> keeps the sinus infection down) but the problem is,> my nasal passages really start to burn after a few> days. Even with Breathe Ease they still get really> raw. So I'm looking for some kind of nasal oil,> which is apparently what they traditionally used in> India with the old neti pots. I'm a little afraid of> using Sesame oil. I read about one very expensive> nasal oil but don't know if it's good either so I'm> a bit confused.> > Anyone have any experience with any kind of nasal> oils?> > thanks,> > penny>

__________________________________________________________Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.http://new.toolbar./toolbar/features/mail/index.php