RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: I need advice and encouragement!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks , I actually started looking into diet yesterday after I came across some information on an adhd forum. Glad to hear from someone with firsthand experience. Thanks again.

Patty

[DownSyndromeInfoExchange] I need advice and encouragement!!!> > >  > > As I've posted before, we have been asked by Hunter's teacher to have him evaulated for ADHD. We took him to a developmental ped 3 weeks ago and he said Hunter is borderline ADHD, but that it is secondary ADHD because of the DS. He suggested we try Vyvance, a stimulant, and see how that went. Well we tried it for 2 1/2 weeks and neither his dad or I liked how he behaved. He was very emotional, VERY irritable and still was "hyper" as per his teacher on a few days. I do not want him on the stimulants. I just have one of those gut feelings that this is not the answer. BUT I feel so pressured by his teachers to do this. I just don't know how to handle the situation and that is why I am posting this to ask for advice from the many wise women on this list. If I have to I will homeschool Hunter, I've done it with one of my older sons. But, Hunter loves school and he also gets horse riding therapy and goes to camp twice a year through the school. I am open to any suggestions and advice.> > Patty>------------------------------------1. Anything suggested on this site or opinions offered are not intended to be medical or pharmaceutical advice or otherwise take the place of your physicians orders, nor to diagnose or treat your specific health problems. Please discuss all methods of treatment with your practitioner. 2 *****WARNING: Flames and inappropriate treatment of other members on this list will NOT be tolerated.3. Our HOME page is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DownSyndromeInfoExchange where all archived posts as well as photos,links, files, articles etc. are found. You "MUST" have a Yahoo ID and pass word to enter it.To contact Carol, owner & moderatordoihavtasay@...To contact Kathy, owner & moderatorkathy_r@...To contact , owner & moderatornoliptoday@...