RemedySpot.com

Re: Vitamin D info

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks for this info Randall!Omega 3-fatty acids also work to help the nervous system and mental health/state of mind ( I take fish body oil or flaxseed oil).If we could all just live in Hawaii and eat lots of Mahi-Mahi I think we'd be in much better shape :o)To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 2:08:27 AMSubject: Vitamin D info

I wanted to share with this group some information about Vitamin D a friend had sent me and my experience taking it. He said that after having heard some information from a few new studies on vitamin D, it was suggested that it may help boost immune system function and elevate mood.The theory is that one of the reasons people stay healthier and feel better in the Summer is that they are getting lots of sunlight and are producing a lot of vitamin D.He said that by taking 2000 iu per day, which his doctor suggested he do, he has been feeling healthier and happier. Also, another friend who is a nurse working the night shift, was fairly down in the dumps for quite a while.She was prescribed a bunch of vitamin D by her doctor because she was deficient (not getting much sun by sleeping days). She said she began feeling much better almost immediately, and wondered why this wasn't

conventional wisdom for night shift workers.I too work at night when there is no sun. Taking Vitamin D has had a positive effect on me like it did for her. I noticed recently I've become more depressed over dealing with my 4S sound sensitivity etc., since Winter began.I started taking 4000 iu of Vitamin D a day for about a week now. I've noticed that I've been able to deal with my depression better and not brood over it so deeply. Physically I've been feeling better too.I wanted to pass this information along to anyone in this group who has been feeling more depressed lately. Vitamin D may help you as it has for me. Fortunately, vitamin D is fairly cheap! I was able to get about a 4 month supply for $6 at a local store where I live.All the best to you,Randall------------------------------------PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO

MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you. MJ

Forgot to mention...if we take cod liver oil we get both our vitamin D and omega 3's - not sure what that tastes like but doesn't sound very appetizing...maybe they have "lemon flavored"?Great for the winter blues and great for your health...better in the winter than in the summer so that you don't overdose on Vitamin D...you can take fish body oil in the summer instead.To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 2:08:27 AMSubject: Vitamin D info

I wanted to share with this group some information about Vitamin D a friend had sent me and my experience taking it. He said that after having heard some information from a few new studies on vitamin D, it was suggested that it may help boost immune system function and elevate mood.The theory is that one of the reasons people stay healthier and feel better in the Summer is that they are getting lots of sunlight and are producing a lot of vitamin D.He said that by taking 2000 iu per day, which his doctor suggested he do, he has been feeling healthier and happier. Also, another friend who is a nurse working the night shift, was fairly down in the dumps for quite a while.She was prescribed a bunch of vitamin D by her doctor because she was deficient (not getting much sun by sleeping days). She said she began feeling much better almost immediately, and wondered why this wasn't

conventional wisdom for night shift workers.I too work at night when there is no sun. Taking Vitamin D has had a positive effect on me like it did for her. I noticed recently I've become more depressed over dealing with my 4S sound sensitivity etc., since Winter began.I started taking 4000 iu of Vitamin D a day for about a week now. I've noticed that I've been able to deal with my depression better and not brood over it so deeply. Physically I've been feeling better too.I wanted to pass this information along to anyone in this group who has been feeling more depressed lately. Vitamin D may help you as it has for me. Fortunately, vitamin D is fairly cheap! I was able to get about a 4 month supply for $6 at a local store where I live.All the best to you,Randall------------------------------------PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO

MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you. MJ

Glad it helps u and thanks for sharing this! I’ll look into it,

thanks!

[mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of Randall

Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:08 AM

To: Soundsensitivity

Subject: Vitamin D info

I wanted to share with this group some

information about Vitamin D a

friend had sent me and my experience taking it. He said that after

having heard some information from a few new studies on vitamin D, it

was suggested that it may help boost immune system function and elevate

mood.

The theory is that one of the reasons people stay healthier and feel

better in the Summer is that they are getting lots of sunlight and are

producing a lot of vitamin D.

He said that by taking 2000 iu per day, which his doctor suggested he

do, he has been feeling healthier and happier. Also, another friend who

is a nurse working the night shift, was fairly down in the dumps for

quite a while.

She was prescribed a bunch of vitamin D by her doctor because she was

deficient (not getting much sun by sleeping days). She said she began

feeling much better almost immediately, and wondered why this wasn't

conventional wisdom for night shift workers.

I too work at night when there is no sun. Taking Vitamin D has had a

positive effect on me like it did for her. I noticed recently I've

become more depressed over dealing with my 4S sound sensitivity etc.,

since Winter began.

I started taking 4000 iu of Vitamin D a day for about a week now. I've

noticed that I've been able to deal with my depression better and not

brood over it so deeply. Physically I've been feeling better too.

I wanted to pass this information along to anyone in this group who has

been feeling more depressed lately. Vitamin D may help you as it has for

me. Fortunately, vitamin D is fairly cheap! I was able to get about a 4

month supply for $6 at a local store where I live.

All the best to you,

Randall

Hello Randall,

I too have heard about vit D being helpful to health, toss up

between the fine line of health and sunburn ;)

Have you heard of something called SMR (Sensory Motor Rhythm) ?

I will what information I can find for you in regards to this, but it SMR

inhibits movements during sleep and gives you energy throughout the day (I

presume from sleeping better) from what I understand of night workers, your

mind is not used to this change, IE our bodies are designed to sleep during the

night and be awake during the day, Night Work decreases SMR throughout the

brain and generally speaking stuffs up your sleeping cycles. So when you are

awake your brain is trying to put you to sleep and vice versa. This is also

linked to vit D but I will have to find more information before I can say

anything further.

Tanks for your information on Vit D

[mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of Randall

Sent: Monday, 24 November 2008 4:08 AM

To: Soundsensitivity

Subject: Vitamin D info

I wanted to share with this group some

information about Vitamin D a

friend had sent me and my experience taking it. He said that after

having heard some information from a few new studies on vitamin D, it

was suggested that it may help boost immune system function and elevate

mood.

The theory is that one of the reasons people stay healthier and feel

better in the Summer is that they are getting lots of sunlight and are

producing a lot of vitamin D.

He said that by taking 2000 iu per day, which his doctor suggested he

do, he has been feeling healthier and happier. Also, another friend who

is a nurse working the night shift, was fairly down in the dumps for

quite a while.

She was prescribed a bunch of vitamin D by her doctor because she was

deficient (not getting much sun by sleeping days). She said she began

feeling much better almost immediately, and wondered why this wasn't

conventional wisdom for night shift workers.

I too work at night when there is no sun. Taking Vitamin D has had a

positive effect on me like it did for her. I noticed recently I've

become more depressed over dealing with my 4S sound sensitivity etc.,

since Winter began.

I started taking 4000 iu of Vitamin D a day for about a week now. I've

noticed that I've been able to deal with my depression better and not

brood over it so deeply. Physically I've been feeling better too.

I wanted to pass this information along to anyone in this group who has

been feeling more depressed lately. Vitamin D may help you as it has for

me. Fortunately, vitamin D is fairly cheap! I was able to get about a 4

month supply for $6 at a local store where I live.

All the best to you,

Randall

Yeah, we haven't had much sun in the UK this year!!

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 5:37:48 PMSubject: Re: Vitamin D info

Thanks for this info Randall!Omega 3-fatty acids also work to help the nervous system and mental health/state of mind ( I take fish body oil or flaxseed oil).If we could all just live in Hawaii and eat lots of Mahi-Mahi I think we'd be in much better shape :o)

From: Randall <coderandgmail (DOT) com>To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comSent: Monday, November 24, 2008 2:08:27 AMSubject: Vitamin D infoI wanted to share with this group some information about Vitamin D a friend had sent me and my experience taking it. He said that after having heard some information from a few new studies on vitamin D, it was suggested that it may help boost immune system function and elevate mood.The theory is that one of the reasons people stay healthier and feel better in the Summer is that they are getting lots of sunlight and are producing a lot of vitamin D.He said that by taking 2000 iu per day, which his doctor suggested he do, he has been

feeling healthier and happier. Also, another friend who is a nurse working the night shift, was fairly down in the dumps for quite a while.She was prescribed a bunch of vitamin D by her doctor because she was deficient (not getting much sun by sleeping days). She said she began feeling much better almost immediately, and wondered why this wasn't conventional wisdom for night shift workers.I too work at night when there is no sun. Taking Vitamin D has had a positive effect on me like it did for her. I noticed recently I've become more depressed over dealing with my 4S sound sensitivity etc., since Winter began.I started taking 4000 iu of Vitamin D a day for about a week now. I've noticed that I've been able to deal with my depression better and not brood over it so deeply. Physically I've been feeling better too.I wanted to pass this information along to anyone in this group who has

been feeling more depressed lately. Vitamin D may help you as it has for me. Fortunately, vitamin D is fairly cheap! I was able to get about a 4 month supply for $6 at a local store where I live.All the best to you,Randall------------ --------- --------- ------PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you. MJ

Thanks for the link :

http://www.transparentcorp.com/

I browsed through the site and they have a couple of affordable

programs. I may try one out and if I do I'll update the group on my

results. One downside is they only offer their software for Windows and

not Linux.

I'm interested in hearing about your results with the EEG machine. I

would love to have an MRI and CAT scan done on me too. But of course

cost prohibitive. Oh, well, maybe one day! Thanks again for the link.

-Randall

This sounds promising...has anyone tried it?

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 11:33:46 AMSubject: RE: Vitamin D info

Neurofeed back can cost very little and for 2 weeks can be free, have a look at the following link, but please read through all the information before you decied to use the program, you will know your situation better then anyone else and if it does not sit well with you for medical or personal reasons then please do not use. You will need a computer with a sound card and most prob headphones too.

http://www.transpar entcorp.com/

Let me know how you go, if nothing eles its worth downloading just to read the manual, that is where I learnt a lot of information on brainwave states and the effects etc.

I plan to buy next year an EEG machine which will set me back about a grand, but the information it could show in regards to my brainwave state when I am in a slump against someone else who is normal may prove to be useful, I wish i had the money for CAT scans and MRI and a hundred different tests, sigh one day

From: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Soundsensit ivity@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Randall Sent: Monday, 24 November 2008 9:23 PMTo: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comSubject: Re: Vitamin D info

Thanks for the info on SMR, . I've never heard of that until now, but I have heard of Neurofeedback which is related. I would try that, but the cost is prohibitive and insurance doesn't cover it. I do think the brain plays a big part with being sound sensitive and for those of us who also have tinnitus.

I did EEG for about a year with no benefits.

I also bought this software that helps you relax. Called heart

health or something like that. It works well and you can see real

time improvent on the screen. There's a meter that measures your

heart rate and how steady it is. You think if pleasing soothing

thoughts and the meter goes up. YOu think a distraction or quit

breathing regularly and your bar drops.

>

> This sounds promising...has anyone tried it?

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: Soundsensitivity

> Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 11:33:46 AM

> Subject: RE: Vitamin D info

>

>

> Neurofeed back can cost very little and for 2 weeks can be free,

have  a look at the following link, but please read through all the

information before you decied to use the program, you will know your

situation better then anyone else and if it does not sit well with

you for medical or personal reasons then please do not use. You will

need a computer with a sound card and most prob headphones too.

>  

> http://www.transpar entcorp.com/

>  

> Let me know how you go, if nothing eles its worth downloading just

to read the manual, that is where I learnt a lot of information on

brainwave states and the effects etc.

>  

> I plan to buy next year an EEG machine which will set me back about

a grand, but the information it could show in regards to my brainwave

state when I am in a slump against someone else who is normal may

prove to be useful, I wish i had the money for CAT scans and MRI and

a hundred different tests, sigh one day