Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Matt

Interesting

My psoriasis is slowly clearing on doxy/roxy/flagyl

Regards

Windsor

[infections] Penicillin for psoriasis

Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory condition of the skin. Guttate psoriasis is a rare form that is widely regarded to be provoked by streptococcus. There's some evidence that common forms of psoriasis (e.g., "chronic plaque psoriasis") are as well:http://tinyurl.com/23pgdtThis paper:http://tinyurl.com/yuhe2oreports on three patients (a very small sample size) whose psoriasis cleared up when the strep-infected tonsils were removed. If these results are not due to chance variation, then they suggest that some forms of psoriais arise when an immune response against strep in the throat cross-reacts with the skin. I think about 10% of psoriatics have arthritis, and I wonder if the arthritis is likewise a cross-reaction.This paper is most interesting:http://tinyurl.com/2cg5qrIt indicates that very long term penicillin use is effective for psoriasis. Unfortunately, the study didn't have a negative control group.I didn't investigate this in much detail, so there may be a lot of research that is more informative. In fact, I barely skimmed the abstracts. I just thought the last paper would be a good one to add to the list of papers that argues for long term antibiotics.Matt

Guest guest

I'm studying the immunological aspects of psoriasis rather

intensely, which is why I happened to come across the Strep

literature.

Psoriasis is a risk factor for various other inflammatory

conditions. Do you have any other conditions like Crohn's,

arthritis, etc?

A similar regimen (mino/azithro/tini) gave me a horrible, full-body

rash. That put the kibosh on abx cocktails for me. I haven't

figured out how to test which of the antibiotics I reacted to (I

think beta lactams are the only ones you can do a skin test for; I

dissolved each antibiotic in water and scratched them into my skin,

to no avail). A " graded oral challenge " with each of those

antibiotics sounds like Russian Roulette, but I'd be willing to do

it if I had a doc waiting in the wings with prednisone/epinephrine.

Now I'm afraid to risk any other class of antibiotic, lest I develop

allergies to them as well and end up dying of a common infection.

Thanks,

Matt

>

> Dear Matt

> Interesting

> My psoriasis is slowly clearing on doxy/roxy/flagyl

> Regards

> Windsor

> ----- Original Message -----

>

Guest guest

Dear Matt

50 years of CFS/FM symptoms , relapsing/remitting,

arthritis which my infectious diseases doc says is reactive (also improving on Wheldons protocol) .

intermittent obsessive/compulsive behaviours which in the past have been associated with probable strep throat.

long history of tickbites, first problems very shortly after first tick bite at age 10

serious relapses after most recent tickbites (1986 which put me out of the workforce and 1991 which put me in bed)

severe bout of Barmah Forest fever which put me in bed for months in 1999)(mosquito borne)

sero-positive for Rickettsias by Jadin's microaglutination procedure (had to send my blood to Belgium for that one)

equivocal for Borrelia burgdorferi in the 80's but not now

chronic calcification of the prostate,(no observable infections but no biopsy either)

long history of IBS, candida(candida causes a pinhead red rash all over)

no response to single antibiotics previously and no improvement on the -------- Protocol after 6 months (Eprosartan rather than Benicar)

low body temperature but normal thyroid test which indicates disruption of norepinephrine metabolism

hypervigilance, hyperacuisis and allodynia suggesting disruption of GABA metabolism

past hypoglycaemia suggesting insulin resistance (body shape to go with it)

hyperlipoproteinaemia

Anything else I've forgotten?

LOL

Regards

Windsor

[infections] Re: Penicillin for psoriasis

I'm studying the immunological aspects of psoriasis rather intensely, which is why I happened to come across the Strep literature.Psoriasis is a risk factor for various other inflammatory conditions. Do you have any other conditions like Crohn's, arthritis, etc?A similar regimen (mino/azithro/tini) gave me a horrible, full-body rash. That put the kibosh on abx cocktails for me. I haven't figured out how to test which of the antibiotics I reacted to (I think beta lactams are the only ones you can do a skin test for; I dissolved each antibiotic in water and scratched them into my skin, to no avail). A "graded oral challenge" with each of those antibiotics sounds like Russian Roulette, but I'd be willing to do it if I had a doc waiting in the wings with prednisone/epinephrine. Now I'm afraid to risk any other class of antibiotic, lest I develop allergies to them as well and end up dying of a common infection. Thanks,Matt>> Dear Matt> Interesting> My psoriasis is slowly clearing on doxy/roxy/flagyl> Regards> Windsor> ----- Original Message ----- >

Guest guest

What did you have for breakfast?

tony

> >

> > Dear Matt

> > Interesting

> > My psoriasis is slowly clearing on doxy/roxy/flagyl

> > Regards

> > Windsor

> > ----- Original Message -----

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Tony

Liver , bacon and onions cooked in white wine with basil, thyme and oregano and with a little boiled rice.

Would you like me to save some for you?

R

[infections] Re: Penicillin for psoriasis

What did you have for breakfast?tony> >> > Dear Matt> > Interesting> > My psoriasis is slowly clearing on doxy/roxy/flagyl> > Regards> > Windsor> > ----- Original Message ----- > >>