RemedySpot.com

Re: question - prone to sensitivities???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This thread has made me think of a question I've been meaning to ask the group.

I have

allergies to dust, pollen, mold, etc as well, but the weird thing is that they

don't really

affect my sinuses or nasal passages. They make my skin itch!!!! I mean, if I

don't wash all

my bedding in hot water every week, use dye-free laundry detergent, take a

shower every

night before bed- then my skin literally crawls at night and I can't sleep!

Wool makes me

itchy, certain spices make me itchy - I'm itchy in the winter when my skin is

dry, and in

the summer when I'm sweaty, and in the spring when hay fever hits. Aaack! I

just wonder

if this extreme skin sensitivity is related to the sound sensitivity, and if any

others suffer

from things like this.

Sincerely,

Sensitive Kate in NY

> >

> > Just going out on a limb here..... has anyone experienced recurrent

> sinus infections?  Or does anyone recall the start of 4S symptons

> having followed a series of sinus infections? 

> >

> > Thanks

> >

>

Hi Kate,Allergies can be a cause of an over-toxicity of the body. An overly toxic body can be caused by environmental factors, nutrition, food intolerance or a food allergy. You may want to examine allergies and intolerance...in your meals and in your surroundings. I used to suffer from really itchy skin also but when I changed my diet it finally went away. I try and follow a candida reducing and detox diet which has helped me greatly. Itchy skin can be caused by high consumptions of sugar and a possible candida overgrowth. Candida overgrowth can also lead to anxiety, itchy skin, panic attacks, even schizophrenia and multiple personality disorders. I think that maybe following a detox diet for a short time and evaluating the results may be

beneficial for us all. Hey, it won't hurt right!!! To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 12:48:40 PMSubject: Re: question - prone to sensitivities???

This thread has made me think of a question I've been meaning to ask the group. I have allergies to dust, pollen, mold, etc as well, but the weird thing is that they don't really affect my sinuses or nasal passages. They make my skin itch!!!! I mean, if I don't wash all my bedding in hot water every week, use dye-free laundry detergent, take a shower every night before bed- then my skin literally crawls at night and I can't sleep! Wool makes me itchy, certain spices make me itchy - I'm itchy in the winter when my skin is dry, and in the summer when I'm sweaty, and in the spring when hay fever hits. Aaack! I just wonder if this extreme skin sensitivity is related to the sound sensitivity, and if any others suffer from things like this. Sincerely,Sensitive Kate in NY> >> > Just going out on a limb here..... has anyone experienced recurrent > sinus infections? Or does anyone recall the start of 4S symptons > having followed a series of sinus infections? > > > > Thanks> >>------------------------------------PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED

FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you. MJ

I have extreme skin sensitivity too--I have itchy bumps on my arms almost all the time, even though I limit my exposure to chemicals and use fragrance free everything. I get dry skin the winter that is painful at times, and I can't get near wool.

Cetaphil cream is very helpful for the dry skin, and Benadryl cream sometimes helps the itch. Otherwise I haven't found aything wildly helpful.

Sorry I keep harping on this, but I just have to remind everyone once in a while of the book about sensory defensiveness, "Too Loud Too Bright Too Fast Too Tight" by Sharon Heller, for sufferers of multiple sensitivities.