RemedySpot.com

Re:DailyMed: About DailyMed/Norvasc generics

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

, your post on the website re drugs reminds me of a strange situation going on in our house.

I was taking Zithromax from Pfizer, then switched to Teva's generic. The Zithro seemed to no longer work for me - this started over a year ago. My local pharmacist switched me over last week to Greenstone's Zithromax which is Pfizer's generic. I don't know if it is better, and my problem with my head may not be related to infection at this point anyway.

But here's where the story expands. My husband takes 10 mg of Norvasc for high blood pressure. This is also a Pfizer product which has just gone off patent as of 2007. Last week he noticed that his blood pressure is running quite high all the time in spite of the fact that he has lost about 30 lbs in the past two months. Sure enough he had just been put on generic Norvasc a month ago. Greenstone makes generic Norvasc for Pfizer, so he will see if he can get his prescription redone - hopefully no huge bill - and see if his blood pressure comes down.

Anyone else found a problem with generics?

a Carnes