RemedySpot.com

Re: Tony & a.... Re: generic azithromycin?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

For info in an Australian setting, see

http://www.nps.org.au/site.php?content=/html/news.php & news=/resources/NPS_News/news44

This shows some graphs relating to equivalence but nothing specific relating to Z or mino.

At least one generic in Australia has vastly different response in some patients. That is generic methylphenidate. It seems that the adjuvants and excipients may modify responses far more than is indicated by plasma levels etc

R

[infections] Tony & a.... Re: generic azithromycin?

a,Did Nicolson perform (or have knowledge of) any testing of the genericmino? After all, it's easy to test in vitro.Tony, Do you pour your own agar plates? If so, do you use a stove-topautoclave to sterilize the agar before pouring it? Or do you buy agarplates that are already poured?I've always had half a mind to test the potency of my generics, sinceit is pretty simple. Mine are mostly from Southern Asia. I am not surepersonally what the FDA does to assure potency of either domestic orforeign drugs. I don't think they do any examination of theantibacterials I order from Britain, that are manufactured in Thailandand India.> Hi Jim and Tony,> > I understand that Pfizer may well be suing just to get more peopleto take> their generic. But it looks like there is a real difference in this case> between the generic from Teva and the generic from Green___. Iforget the> name.> > Most of us who have been around a bit know that minocycline had ageneric> that was no good. Dr. Garth Nicolson recognized this, although now Ithink> there is a generic that is the same as the original which is no longer> produced.> > I was able to get a refill of Zithromax yesterday which is Pfizer'sgeneric.> I will keep you folks posted on whether it seems to work. I have been> gradually getting very sick for over a year now, and that fits thetimeframe> that I took less Zithromax and the Z I did take was generic andseemed to> have NO effect at all.> > a>

Guest guest

Penny, yes I understand that resistance means the bugs have mutated. My point was that Zithromax has worked for me for years. What I have going on now may or may not be infection. I am hoping IF it is infection that getting the original formula of Pfizer's Zithromax might help. It's pretty hard to figure things out when you don't have a clue what is causing the ongoing headache of a year now.

I had a painful stabbing pain experience when the ENT withdrew the fiberoptic tube from my sinuses a year ago. I am thinking that opened up a pathway to infect my brain. It may also have caused a blood clot that started intracranial pressure as Matt describes.

It's really hard for me to even think and sort out something new. It would help if I had a decent neurologist here in Las Vegas.

a

a, what do you think "resistance" is if it's not "mutation"?pennya Carnes <pj7@...> wrote:Tony wrote:PAulaNothing your going thru is a surprise. Your relief the first time round hasn't been touched the second time around by the same medications. This is called resistance buuilding. All your pseudonomas bacteria are now significantly resistant to most what your throwing at them..Patterns r common throughout these ordeals. How often people got huge relief on there first wave of therapy only to rebound and not get a positive response the second time around.tonyTony,I realize that one would EXPECT the infections to develop resistance. However, I don't think that fits my history. My best guess is that I have babesia, and Zithromax has always kept it under control but not cured it.