RemedySpot.com

Re: staph/mold?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Amy, Staph A. is the number one organism which causes Bone Infection (osteomyeltitis). It's not the only one, but it's the major player. Orthopedic surgeons and I.D. docs know this, but when it comes to doctors/dentists who treat from the neck up, no one seems to know anything. The NewCastle researchers have been saying staph is a major problem in illness for 10+ years, Tarello said it causes CFS (and gave up out of frustration), The American Pediatric Society warned of an impending epidemic of abx resistant staph aureus skin infections in children. Shoemaker's been warning about staph colonizing your sinuses and preventing other treatments from working. There's plenty of documentation to show how damaging staph a. can be (it's the number one hospital killer if it overtakes your immune system to the point of sepsis). Think about it, if it can do that much damage,

and eat away your bones, is it so unreasonable to think it might be doing something via your sinuses which it loves to colonize? And then you've got to remember, it's not just staph a., there's a whole cornucopia of staphs out there that can cause damage. If you read that L.A. article, it echoed what I've known and said for a long time. Dentists, (and ENTS to a lesser extent), look at the head as a mechanical device, not a living, biological one. They don't understand it and they don't do much other than drill and cut. I'm not just saying this, I've been told this by ENTs themselves. Some ENTs actually have called themselves "plumbers" to me. I call dentists "mechanics". After my CT scans revealed a sinus infection I didn't know I had, I went to numerous ENTS (supposedly "the best") who were interested in nothing but scheduling me for invasive surgery to start "roto

rooting" my head with no cultures or abx treatment plan. I finally found an ENT who does test and treat based on the results (although she no longer accepts my insurance). I found a dentist to biopsy my jaw (but he died of OM himself). I know of a surgeon who will remove teeth correctly (in San Francisco). I know of some resconstructive plastic surgeons who actually do understand how these infections can eat away at your facial & jaw bones and ruin your health. They are out there, but they're not easy to find. You've just got to search really hard for doctors who are good diagnosticians, who understand infection, who don't get confused because they're talking about your head, and most importantly, you've got to be sure they'll use a hospital lab or anything other than a commercial "labcorp" type lab which won't even report staph growths when they see

them. They dub them "contamination" because staph is everywhere. Plus, anything that's difficult to detect, like actino or fungi, are also going to be almost impossible to get i.d.'d through a commercial lab. That's why you need an i.d. doc who works out of a hospital lab (which you might note they always do). So it's definitely a battle. The Esoterix Infectious Disease lab in Texas used to report staphs (and molds). It was the only commercial lab in this country that did treat staph like any other dangerous organism, that's why Shoemaker used them. But they got bought out by labcorp too, just as Quest did. I find it highly doubtful that supplements can beat organisms that are nearly indestructible like staph. I'm not saying it's completely impossible. There's a remote chance you could find the right magic combination for yourself, but based on my experience, it's going to be

extremely difficult and probably an individual success story. If you actually found some combo that was universally effective against staph (without killing the patient), you should win the Nobel prize. :-) This is why I keep waiting for more info and more accessibility to treatments like phages, that are natural enemies of staph and can kill it without killing the host. penny amydent9 <amydent9@...> wrote: It's like Shoemaker keeps telling us...we can't overcome moldsensitivities if we don't clear up our staph colonizations first. Howmany other problems will clear up if we address those staph colonizations?does your average ENT or infectious dr believe in or test for staph?and know how to treat it?I went to an ID who did not believe in mold.then I took mold meds and supplements both which made me worse,(perhaps a good dieoff? who knows)but is the real problem likely staph???this would go along wiht my root canl problems...what kind of dr whould I be seeing for this?amy

Guest guest

P.S. Amy, I used Esoterix before they were bought out. It gave me very valuable information regarding my organisms and the drugs they were sensitive to. Before I found them, I actually sent my samples to Australia, where Tony i.d.'d them for me and gave me very good info, which was later corroborated by an Australian lab, and then by Esoterix as well. Esoterix did the testing on my bone biopsies, which showed I had the same organisms in my bone as I had in my nose. Actually though, Tony, because he actually cares, gave me the most complete and and comprehensive info on my organisms of any of the labs I've been to. He tested using more abx discs to get more complete results. But insurance companies and doctors want official lab results. That's why I sent my samples first to an Australia lab, where it's more routine to test for these organisms, and then to Esoterix when

I found out about them via Shoemaker. Fortunately for me, with Esoterix gone, my doc has talked to Tony and trusts his judgement as well as mine. pennyamydent9 <amydent9@...> wrote: It's like Shoemaker keeps telling us...we can't overcome moldsensitivities if we don't clear up our staph colonizations first. Howmany other problems will clear up if we address those staph colonizations?does your average ENT or infectious dr believe in or test for staph?and know

how to treat it?I went to an ID who did not believe in mold.then I took mold meds and supplements both which made me worse,(perhaps a good dieoff? who knows)but is the real problem likely staph???this would go along wiht my root canl problems...what kind of dr whould I be seeing for this?amy