RemedySpot.com

Re: I don't get no respect

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

First. I never had ANY symptoms of a sinus infection. NONE! How many times do I have to tell you that? Only after undergoing sinus surgery last year (based on CT scans and my oral surgeon's advice) did I start developing any sinus symptoms whatsoever. That's why I'm so afraid of jaw surgery, even though it's required in cases like mine, because it can exacerbate the infections and cause them to spread just as easily as it can stop them. And actually, my doc does treat Medicare patients. Or he did. That may have changed in recent months. He's just a regular GP (who used to be a surgeon). If you want to drive to San Diego once a month to sit in his waiting room for a couple of hours to get your prescriptions and blood work up dated, I'll be happy to share his name. But you have to understand, the doc who gives me my scripts is only one piece of this whole puzzle. Another important piece, the

radiologist, is in Glendale, closer to you than me. Dr. Gleuck in Cincinatti is a very nice man who'll speak with you on the phone and guide you about hypercoagulation testing. I've told you all this a million times. You see why I get frustrated? I can't fly all over either, a, but I keep talking to people and doing the research and watching the results of others, to find out who the best possible doctors are and I will eventually get to each one of them one by one as needed. It's my life. I think it's more than worth the effort to find out who's got the best shot at saving it. But in the meantime, you could use whatever means necessary to convince your doc to do some therapeutic probes with some of those abx you already know your MRSA is sensitive to. Show him the tests, make a strong case for treating you with them. Tell him/her that they've helped you in the past and

could you please just try them again. Then If any of them helps in relieving your headaches and vertigo, then wow, you at least know you're on the right track and you get to start feeling better in the process. Then it's a matter of convincing the doc to let you stay on them for more than 10 days. You have to make a strong case for yourself to get them to buck the trend. But people manage it. Here we've been talking about your very situation as an infection scenario for years, and you don't even consider trying these other abx that you already tested sensitive to? I just can't believe it. That's the first thing I would have done. I just feel bad for those people who are too far gone, or have issues that have developed that make taking abx impossible. They've got a much steeper mountain to climb than those of us who can, and especially those of us who

already have some test results to guide us in making better therapy choices...like you do. penny pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote: Quit insulting me. I know exactly what my MRSA is still responsive to - Clindamycin, Gentamicin, Rifampin,Tetracycline, Trimethoprim and Vancomycin. What I don't know is if I even still have it. It was treated a couple of years ago. It might be worth trying some of these

antibiotics, and I will talk with my doctor about that. You have symptoms of sinus infection. I do not - NOTHING. I'm not talking about some ENT telling me my sinuses do not look infected. I HAVE NO SYMPTOMS. I just have a headache, vestibular nerve damage and vertigo for a year following a brief 4 days of thrush and a fever. If I find out one of the above antibiotics works I will post a retraction.One further comment, I live five hours from you yet you don't share the name of your doctor, as I recall. But then I live on Medicare, and your doc probably doesn't even treat Medicare patients. GIVE ME A BREAK HERE, MY HUSBAND IS A RETIRED SCHOOL TEACHER AND I AM ON DISABLITY. YOU THINK WE CAN FLY ALL OVER THE WORLD AND BUY MICROSCOPES FOR OUR BASEMENT LAB???? You and Tony need to enter the real world.a Carnes>> a, do you realize that just because a staph is MRSA, it doesn't

necessarily mean that it's not sensitive to other antibiotics? > > I've got MRSA, but whaddaya know, my staph still responds to penicillin, at least to some degree, not enough to completely eliminate it, but enough to keep it knocked down. My sinuses on the other hand, barely respond to penicillin, and perhaps that's because the pseudomonas, or actinomyces, or a different variety of staph laughs at penicillin. That's why I have to resort to salt and betadine and bleach to control my sinuses & the infections that flare up around my teeth, until I can find the thing that is going to eliminate these organisms once and for all.> > The point is, you've got an identified MRSA and you don't make the slightest effort whatsoever to learn about it or try to identify what it might be sensitive to. Or to find out if you have any other staphs or organisms that are contributing to the mush in your head

and which drugs they might be sensitive to. You'd rather speculate about possible viruses and conspiracy theories.> > You say you can't get tested where you are. Well I know dozens of people who could have said the same thing, including myself, but we kept pounding the pavement until we got tested and our organisms identified. If you wanted to, you could as well. That's what drives me nuts. You have all these red flags pointing at your head and you ignore them. This isn't the first time. I tried to warn you about other serious red flags and all it got me was involved in a ridiculous law suit. THEN you saw a flash of red for yourself. I've been hoping against hope you'll finally grasp something here as well.> > So forgive me if I'm exasperated with you, but that's just the way it is. My patience has worn out.> > penny> > > > > > Penny Houle

<pennyhoule@...> wrote:> Minimizing? God a, that's one of the most unbelievably bizarre things I've heard. Tony was screaming about staph (MRSA isn't even the worst staph) long before Shoemaker showed up. Tony had it, identified it, then he cured it. If you'd pay attention you might have caught that.> > The issue is to stop ignoring it and get a grip and start figuring out how to fight it! > > sheesh!> > penny> > > > pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote:> Nelly,> Thanks for posting this. I also feel that Tony is minimizing what we > are up against. Just one example - MRSA. I have it, my husband has > it, we have both been treated for it. Assuming it is the cause of my > headache I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT WILL EFFECTIVELY TREAT IT AT THIS POINT, > NEITHER DOES SHOEMAKER. And we don't even know how in the world to >

figure out if it IS the cause of my headache.> > I could write more about borrelia, but I refuse to waste any more of > my time replying to Tony in Australia where rickettsia is rampant.> > a Carnes who first got joint pains from flea bites, and then got > a bull's eye rash in South Carolina where Lyme disease "does not > exist" but did not crash until a few years later - probably stressed > by a molding building at that point. a Carnes whose entire family > is positive for borrelia, but that is not the key player, is it?> > WHO IS GOING TO PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER??? TONY, RIGHT? OF COURSE, > RIGHT.> > >> > Penny,> > > > >If Tony's such an idiot, why is he healthier now than before he > got sick?> > > > I know loads of healthy idiots, don't you? And some of them were > sick and aren't

sick any longer, does that make them smart?> > > > That being said, you know full well I totally think SERIOUS > bacterial infections are at the root of all these fatiguing, on-going > illnesses. And nobody better than me has tried all the big guns > serious abx and combos thereof and for a long time. AND I never poo-> pooed the notion of various infection soups being responsable for our > demise, including the ones Tony knows. But I just keep getting sick > and tired of Tony NOT being aware of the serious and incredibly > persisting nature of some infections he just has not looked into, and > I am sick and tired of the fact that he keeps on pouring shit on them.> > > > I have recently taken an antiparasitic drug and I sprung 3 > beautiful crops of several EM rashes. I had not had a skin > manifestation since my very first EM rash in 1982. I

strongly suspect > that borrelia were released from the dying parasites. Very > impressive, I have the photos if you're interested. > > > > I have wanted to get to the bottom of my infections but it is not > the easy slap dash job that Tony keeps claiming it is. > > > > Nelly> > > > > > Re: [infections] Tony does not BELIEVE in > ticks!!!> > > > > > If Tony's such an idiot, why is he healthier now than before he > got sick?> > > > As usual, people focus on the wrong thing. Ticks or no ticks is > not the point. The point we need

to focus on is chronic infections in > general. How to identify them correctly and then how to treat them > properly. > > > > Plus, the other point is that we need to stop being satisfied > with the first diagnosis we get from a lab that admittedly has an > incredibly high rate of positive tests (like Igenex) and consider > that we may have other pathogens that are flying under the radar that > are keeping us sick. > > > > It's like Shoemaker keeps telling us...we can't overcome mold > sensitivities if we don't clear up our staph colonizations first. How > many other problems will clear up if we address those staph > colonizations?> > > > Even people like a, who's actually been dx'd with staph and > has so many symptoms of a head infection, still wants to ignore that > something so ordinary and common can be keeping

her sick. But do > people ask themselves why Staph is so ordinary and common and even > deadly? Because it's incredibly hard to kill!> > > > That's what we need to be focusing on. How to actually kill the > organisms that are so hard to kill, whether it's staph or lyme or > whatever. Shoemaker's on the right track. His only problem is he > hasn't gotten aggressive enough to truly deal with the staph. > > > > Once you get rid of the staph, the body is able to take care of > many of our other problems. I've seen this happen time and again. MCS > disappears. Allergies disappear. Inflammation disappears. Fatigue > disappears. So why not focus for a change on getting rid of the > nastiest, most intractable bugs, and see what happens? Some people > manage this by treating lyme so agressively that it kills the staph > in the process as well. That's great. But

also lucky since most > people don't treat lyme that agressively. Clearly, if you don't treat > agressively, or correctly identify your organisms to begin with to > know which drugs to use, you are making the battle even more > impossible to win.> > > > penny> > > > > > > > > > > > Nelly Pointis <janel@> wrote:> > > yet in my 50 years on the planet I haven't > > >heard anyone or seen anyone in my city remove, discuss, or > have > > >anything to do with ticks.> > > > Tony,> > > > If you had been able to get your elbow unstuck from the bar of > that Melbourne pub of yours you might have!!!> > > > You're forever trying to straighten up people who gobble up > whatever garbage is dished up to them and yet you're the biggest > idiot of

them all!!!!!!!!> > > > I lived in Sydney for about 20 years and I HAVE encountered > ticks in Australia MANY MANY TIMES and so have MOST of MY friends. In > fact I encountered ticks every time I set foot outside Bondi Beach > (the sandy part that is!), I certainly got some walking around in > parks in Northen Sydney.> > > > Nelly> >>

Guest guest

a

cephalexin may give you some relief yet once it is in low levels in

your system it may annoy the bacteria.The only problem is that the

infection has been allowed to grow large and stubborn that it may

takes serious IV therapy and now maybe surgery to clean up the mess

if you get a positive response.

> > > > yet in my 50 years on the planet I haven't

> > > >heard anyone or seen anyone in my city remove, discuss, or

> > have

> > > >anything to do with ticks.

> > >

> > > Tony,

> > >

> > > If you had been able to get your elbow unstuck from the bar of

> > that Melbourne pub of yours you might have!!!

> > >

> > > You're forever trying to straighten up people who gobble up

> > whatever garbage is dished up to them and yet you're the biggest

> > idiot of them all!!!!!!!!

> > >

> > > I lived in Sydney for about 20 years and I HAVE encountered

> > ticks in Australia MANY MANY TIMES and so have MOST of MY

friends.

> In

> > fact I encountered ticks every time I set foot outside Bondi

Beach

> > (the sandy part that is!), I certainly got some walking around in