RemedySpot.com

Brand new member with chronic sinus problems.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yeah, various people report a bad odor/taste in both sinus and jaw infections. Some possible causes of the odor are some kind of abcess or necrosis (dead bone/tissue) due to a variety of infection possibilities (staph is number one suspect in bone infection). It could also be either a fungal infection (which is often missed) or an actinomyces infection (kind of salty taste), which is almost always missed because it requires very special handling (sample must be kept warm and gotten into a culture plate within 15 minutes of being taken or it's useless). And it could be your sinuses even if you don't have symptoms. This was my case for 15+ years. No sinus symptoms but CT scans showed extremely infected sinuses. It could also be a dental/jaw infection. A very good friend of mine has a hole in her jaw caused by actinomyces which constantly drains nasty mucous into her mouth which she has to spit out. Unfortunately, her bone has been so

compromised, that surgery to remove the infection is not an option unless she's willing to risk her face caving in. So she lives on antibiotics to hold the organisms at bay (as I do until I find a surgical approach I'm comfortable with). If an infection is your problem, then you need to find a doc who is willing to do more than just make assumptions. You need someone who will test until the correct organisms are identified so that proper treatment can be started. This is essential if you want to beat it. Of course, there may be other causes of odor/smell that I don't know about. Do you have other illness symptoms or any dx'd infections? penny backtocebu <backtocebu@...> wrote: Does any member have that constant and foul tasting/smelling drainage 24 X 7? I'm not clogged up. OTC stuff doesn't do a thing.

Guest guest

No other infections except some gingivitis. I'm in the

Philippines. There may be a local cure here that is not known to

the Western world. I say that because a cure means Doctors don't

get to make tons of money if all they do is prescribe the right

stuff. Here Doctors can't make much money 'cause not many Filipinos

have any to speak of. They also prescribe bigger doses which cures

faster. You can buy lots of pills OTC you can't get in US without a

script. You can also buy 1 pill at a time.

I

> Does any member have that constant and foul

tasting/smelling drainage

> 24 X 7? I'm not clogged up. OTC stuff doesn't do a thing.

>