RemedySpot.com

Re: Encephalitis lethargica syndrome: 20 new cases and evidence of basal ganglia autoimmunity -- Dale et al. 127 (1): 21 -- Brain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

:-). Not the flu, huh? Well then of course the only obvious answer must be that these 20 bodies are attacking their own brains because they're just plain stupid. I'm not sure if this study suggests we're moving forward in our understanding or further back into the dark ages. :-) penny p.s. Let's suppose the immune system does go crazy. It gets activated for no logical reason and starts attacking the nearest cells it can find. Why does it focus all its power on only a specific part of the body? Why doesn't it go crazy across the board, hit everything in its path? It certainly varies its targets from person to person. Why doesn't it just hit everything in one person? I just don't buy the whole autoimmunity scenario as a viable reason for all these different autoimmune diseases and illness

manifestations. Just because medicine can't figure out why someone is sick doesn't add up to a diagnosis. It used to be that many of these diseases were considered mental and not even real. Now they've been elevated to "autoimmune" status. It's just like CFS has been long considered a non-illness. Now it's got a name...CFS...which means absolutely nothing. Even though there's a laundry list of symptoms that accompany "CFS" or "ME", just as autoimmunity has a list of markers to identify an "immune disorder", it doesn't really mean anything...other than they don't know what it is but by labeling it, it makes it seem like they do know something. Once we label anything, a rose, a tree, etc., we come to know the label (the concept of the thing) better than we know the actual thing itself. Medicine needs to stop relying on their labels and actually start looking a little more closely at the disease itself. There are so many clues that are being completely

overlooked on a continual basis and...if you couldn't tell...it drives me nuts. Windsor <rwindsor@...> wrote: Another red herring for Tony, Penny and a and everyone else. Turns out not to have been Spanish Flu after all. :-) Rhttp://brain.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/127/1/21

Guest guest

Hi ,

I am not the one ruling out anything. Hey, I am taking Valtrex. I have

no idea what happened to me last May, and I am tired of walking around

in vertigo circles. How about those monkies in Denver with the plague?

You know we have some weird diseases here in the desert too.

a

>

> Another red herring for Tony, Penny and a and everyone else.

Turns out not to have been Spanish Flu after all. :-)

> R

> http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/127/1/21

>