RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: MP info in Rosner's new book

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I wholeheartedly agree, reinforced by my own experience, that there's no proof, only wishful thinking, that benicar "potentiates" other drugs. penny dumbaussie2000 <dumbaussie2000@...> wrote: PennyThe only part of the read that made sense is the fact that you need muliple disciplines to conquer this ilness. It's pretty obvious CHRONIC CONDITIONS respond to therapies, but don't clear up due to the long standing injuries that

have accumulated.The other buzz word he used which made me puke was the way the MP potentiates the antibiotic therapy- this in my opinion is retarded, because it just doesn't happen like that I'm afraid.********all of a sudden headache clears 6 hours later as though a switch is flicked. Rapid improvement again with no treatment********* I COULDN'T HELP BUT QUOTE SOMEONE'S EXPERIENCE GOING INTO HOSPITAL WITH A MENINIGITIS LIKE CONDITION..i WANTED TO EMPHASIS THE '''''BACTERIAL SWITCH THAT CAN BE FLICKED''' TO SWICTH ON AND OFF THESE CONDITIONS..Another thought for the mold crowd/and others is how newer hospitals tend to control the climate to give NO ABILITY for these bacterial switches to go ON..-I spent a month in a new hospital environemnt and nothing whilst under the influence of that environment ever switched on..( i suppose similar to the environmental avoidance of mold followed by someone

else on another group)..> >> > Rosner's new Lyme Disease book is now available! Entitled "The > > Top 10 Lyme Disease Treatments." Learn more, read excerpts, and order > > here:> >

> > http://www.lymebook.com/top10book> >>

Guest guest

I should correct myself to say that it is possible that Benicar may interact with some drugs depending on an individual's own metabolic pathways, and could cause reactions that appear to be "potentiating" of another drug, but to describe it as a stand alone "potentiator" or enhancer of other drugs is baseless, imo. penny dumbaussie2000 <dumbaussie2000@...> wrote: PennyThe only part of the read that made sense is the fact that you need muliple disciplines to

conquer this ilness. It's pretty obvious CHRONIC CONDITIONS respond to therapies, but don't clear up due to the long standing injuries that have accumulated.The other buzz word he used which made me puke was the way the MP potentiates the antibiotic therapy- this in my opinion is retarded, because it just doesn't happen like that I'm afraid.********all of a sudden headache clears 6 hours later as though a switch is flicked. Rapid improvement again with no treatment********* I COULDN'T HELP BUT QUOTE SOMEONE'S EXPERIENCE GOING INTO HOSPITAL WITH A MENINIGITIS LIKE CONDITION..i WANTED TO EMPHASIS THE '''''BACTERIAL SWITCH THAT CAN BE FLICKED''' TO SWICTH ON AND OFF THESE CONDITIONS..Another thought for the mold crowd/and others is how newer hospitals tend to control the climate to give NO ABILITY for these bacterial switches to go ON..-I spent a month in a new hospital environemnt and nothing

whilst under the influence of that environment ever switched on..( i suppose similar to the environmental avoidance of mold followed by someone else on another group)..> >> > Rosner's new Lyme Disease book is now

available! Entitled "The > > Top 10 Lyme Disease Treatments." Learn more, read excerpts, and order > > here:> > > > http://www.lymebook.com/top10book> >>

Guest guest

totally cool with that. However, the mindset "over there" is that taking any drug, especially antibiotics, and/or supplements, with Benicar could be highly "dangerous" and should be avoided unless approved by the program, despite there being no such indications in the literature from the drug manufacturer. Pharm companies usually list every possible side effect in their drug brochures to protect themselves, so I think the "potentiating" abilities of Benicar are far overstated in the MP, if there are any. In my own experience, taking full dose abx and Benicar caused no problems at all, none of the dreaded scary things happened. But when things did happen to people, the MP could always fall back on their belief that Benicar was making the other drugs much stronger, when in fact, people might instead have been experiencing actual side effects from some of the drugs on the protocol. It's messy, messy science

and reporting like that, that make the MP so suspect. I'm still very intrigued by Benicar and other ARBs and their mechanisms in relation to inflammatory conditions. penny <usenethod@...> wrote: <pennyhoule@...> wrote:>> I should correct myself to say that it is possible that Benicar mayinteract with some drugs depending on an individual's own metabolicpathways, and could cause reactions that appear to be "potentiating"of another

drug, but to describe it as a stand alone "potentiator" orenhancer of other drugs is baseless, imo.> > pennyI have to agree with what Ken said here a few months ago, basicallythat benicar could be potentiating. But I also agree that it's farfrom proved. A paper by A Azenabor provides a possible mechanism. He found twocalcium channel blockers that were able to somewhat increase the abxsensitivity of chlamydiae located in macrophages, a millieu in whichthey are normally highly abx tolerant. Calcium flux through thesechannels is involved in macrophage activation, so the effect of thedrugs would be to reduce activation of the macrophages, and,presumably, thus permit the chlamydiae to increase their metabolicactivity. (However, a quick investigation into one of these drugs made it looklike they would not be safe, or at least probably not known to besafe, at the concentrations Azenabor found

effective. I assumed theother drug was probably similar.)Benicar presumably can de-activate macrophages via antagonism ofangiotensin signaling (though I don't know much about that), thus itcould perhaps accomplish something like what Azenabor accomplishedwith his Ca++ channel blockers.