RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: OT: How to air out a toxic room

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kim,

I can't tell you the process I have been in the middle of just to get an air purifier in my sons class. As you read, keep in mind, I was paying for it, not them. It's not easy like you would think.

1. Asked the teacher - said yes but then thought he should ask the principal.

2. Principle asked for the exact specs of the air purifier I was going to provide

3. She forwarded those to 5 people at the district office.

4. District requested an IEP meeting to form a health plan.

5. I had to provide a doctors note which was not sufficient so now I need another one. I was grilled by the district nurse as to whether my son has asthma or not.

6. Once our new doctors note is "approved" then the whole bunch of info will go to the assistant superintendent who will then approve or NOT approve.

7. There whole premise for raking me over the coals is that an air purifier changes the classroom air environment for ALL students, not just mine.

I can't tell you the F' words that come into my mind when I think about this. The principal told me that if in the future I decided to request that the teacher or therapist not wear perfume, that it would violate their human rights.

Also...googled Air sponge and this is the link I found http://www.airsponge.net/ in case anyone else can't step foot in Wal-Mart. (not for snobby reasons but because it drives me crazy!)

Tami

Re: OT: How to "air" out a toxic room

Hi -

Thanks to all for the fabulous ideas re detoxing the sensory room at my daughter's school.

For now, I've told them she can't use the room. I feel awful because the staff are so excited about the room and the school has been quite good to me and my kids. But I must do what's best for their health.

I will grab some of those air sponges you mentioned, Sharon. And I will definitely start researching what purifier would be the best for that room and start soliciting donations locally. Lots of ASD kids are using that room and they all would benefit.

Kim

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.

Yes, I cant stand the smells in Walmart as well.

This is a great product if it works as advertised.

Is there any info online as to how this works? I just would like to know the basis,

just in case, later we find out that this was worse than the chemicals it was trying to remove.

Thanks

Pramila

To: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Sent: Tuesday, December 2, 2008 9:04:45 AMSubject: Re: Re: OT: How to "air" out a toxic room

Kim,I can't tell you the process I have been in the middle of just to get an air purifier in my sons class. As you read, keep in mind, I was paying for it, not them. It's not easy like you would think.1. Asked the teacher - said yes but then thought he should ask the principal.2. Principle asked for the exact specs of the air purifier I was going to provide3. She forwarded those to 5 people at the district office.4. District requested an IEP meeting to form a health plan.5. I had to provide a doctors note which was not sufficient so now I need another one. I was grilled by the district nurse as to whether my son has asthma or not.6. Once our new doctors note is "approved" then the whole bunch of info will go to the assistant superintendent who will then approve or NOT approve.7. There whole premise for raking me over the coals is that an air purifier changes

the classroom air environment for ALL students, not just mine.I can't tell you the F' words that come into my mind when I think about this. The principal told me that if in the future I decided to request that the teacher or therapist not wear perfume, that it would violate their human rights. Also...googled Air sponge and this is the link I found http://www.airspong e.net/ in case anyone else can't step foot in Wal-Mart. (not for snobby reasons but because it drives me crazy!)Tami [borreliaMultipleIn fectionsAndAutis m] Re: OT: How to "air" out a toxic room

Hi -

Thanks to all for the fabulous ideas re detoxing the sensory room at my daughter's school.

For now, I've told them she can't use the room. I feel awful because the staff are so excited about the room and the school has been quite good to me and my kids. But I must do what's best for their health.

I will grab some of those air sponges you mentioned, Sharon. And I will definitely start researching what purifier would be the best for that room and start soliciting donations locally. Lots of ASD kids are using that room and they all would benefit.

Kim

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.