RemedySpot.com

Re: Niacinamide and inflammation, infection, ACA and GA- ERIC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Wow! Well, at least getting some confirmation helps. Regardless, I hope this treatment works. penny Barb Peck <egroups1bp@...> wrote: This ties in with your SLE posts, read on :GA= Granuloma Annulare, ACA = Atrophica Chronica AcrodermisWell- I had my Derma appointment in Dartmouth and even though I went in there with a fairly bad attitude, the guy (about 35 years old) handled me fine- even when I said "I just paid $250.00 to find out what I

already knew".Bottom line- he agrees that what I have is GA (umbrella descriptor)and probably ACA (specifically) and that it's the result of a prior infection of either TB, Rickettsia or Lyme and there is no "standard" treatment.Off-the grid- he prescribed niacinamide (1500mg daily) for 30 days - which I'm going to try. Prescription hasn't arrived yet... my insurance for drugs is MEDCO- mail order.He said it works about 50% of the time- mechanism unknown.It's worth a shot, I'm going to try it- as long as my liver stay OK- supposed to be very low toxicity level for this form.:references:1- MODULATES APOPTOSISTraister A, Breitman I, Bar-Lev E, Zvibel I, Harel A, Halpern Z, Oren R. Related Articles, Links Nicotinamide induces apoptosis and reduces collagen I and pro-inflammatory cytokines expression in rat hepatic stellate cells.Scand J Gastroenterol. 2005 Oct;40(10):1226-34. PMID:

16165703 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] REFERENCE #2Ungerstedt JS, Blomback M, Soderstrom T. Related Articles, Links Nicotinamide is a potent inhibitor of proinflammatory cytokines.Clin Exp Immunol. 2003 Jan;131(1):48-52. PMID: 12519385 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]