Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been referred by an audiological physician to see a clinical

psychologist with a view to doing some cognitive behavioural therapy

for my 4S.

I would be very grateful if there is anyone in the group who has tried

CBT if they could share their experiences. From reading previous

messages, the consensus seems to be that there is no cure for 4S, but

if I could learn some new coping skills, then that would be great.

Thanks

Guy

I have tried this and been partially successful, but I find that reinforcement is constantly needed.

Subject: Cognitive behavioural therapyTo: Soundsensitivity Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 6:24 AM

I have been referred by an audiological physician to see a clinical psychologist with a view to doing some cognitive behavioural therapy for my 4S. I would be very grateful if there is anyone in the group who has tried CBT if they could share their experiences. From reading previous messages, the consensus seems to be that there is no cure for 4S, but if I could learn some new coping skills, then that would be great. ThanksGuy

Hi

Thanks for your response. Can you tell me what form the CBT took and how it was partially successful?

Many thanks

Guy

Cognitive behavioural therapyTo: Soundsensitivity Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 6:24 AM

I have been referred by an audiological physician to see a clinical psychologist with a view to doing some cognitive behavioural therapy for my 4S. I would be very grateful if there is anyone in the group who has tried CBT if they could share their experiences. From reading previous messages, the consensus seems to be that there is no cure for 4S, but if I could learn some new coping skills, then that would be great. ThanksGuy

I honestly cannot recall too much about it, there were prob stress reducing exercises, etc. Also a deeper understanding of the relationship between myself and my husband found me blaming him for making the noises, etc. I do have OCD and I think that plays a big role in my 4S symptoms as well

From: georgieporgie001 <georgieporgie@ inbox.com>Subject: Cognitive behavioural therapyTo: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 6:24 AM