RemedySpot.com

Re: *RE: Re: Christmas Trees

Rate this topic

Guest guest

**Stands behind Kathy and Carol** Yup I agree !

I didn't get to see the post, It was stripped when I got the blank email. I really hate bellsouth sometimes.

The entire jist of celebrating Christmas is Christ. It is not about spending money, decorating a tree, or all the food. Sure those things are nice, and happen too, but it is and always will be about Him. If HE is offensive to someone, then they can hit the delete button.

Thanks Kathy for all you do.

Jules

Romero

Jesus is the Reason for the Season

-- *RE: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Re: Christmas Trees

This list was never intended to be *only* about Ds. As we have said before, Carol, and I started this list because we were tired of being told that we couldn’t say certain things on other lists, and we wanted a place where adults could calmly discuss a lot of different topics. So far, that concept is working pretty well, I think. One thing for sure is that we never intended to have it be was politically correct;-)

No, people don’t have to be Christians in order to be a member of this list, but we can and do and will talk about topics from a Christian viewpoint from time to time. If people aren’t comfortable with that, there are a lot (probably the vast majority) of lists where such topics are not allowed, so it shouldn’t be hard for parents to find other sources of information and support if they have a problem with our list. People from all religions are welcome here, but I (for one) am not going to compromise what I believe to be true just because other people might choose to be offended by Christianity.

The plain fact of the matter is, those pictures WERE pictures of Christmas trees..so why is it wrong to say that? No one was saying that those other religions can’t have their own holiday celebrations and traditions, just that *that* particular item is a “Christmas” tree.

In the interest of full disclosure;-) my family does not celebrate Christmas…but that email did not offend me, and I honestly don’t see why it has to be an issue.

People always have the option to just delete messages.

KathyR

From: DownSyndromeInfoExchange [mailto:DownSyndromeInfoExchange ] On Behalf Of karenandcharlie01772Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 10:26 PMTo: DownSyndromeInfoExchange Subject: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Re: Christmas Trees

-I am curious what this has to do with Down syndrome and also, how welcoming would this be to a new parent who is looking for a group to help her when she is overwhelmed by a new baby or a new prenatal diagnosis and is looking for information, support and a community of friends if she happened to be Jewish or Muslim or another religion. Is this a Christian-only site? Aren't there plently of websites to promote a Christian-only perspective?-- In DownSyndromeInfoExchange , wrote:>> > > > > This is a Christmas Tree> > > This is a Christmas Tree> > This is a Christmas Tree> > This is a Christmas Tree> > This is a Christmas Tree> > This is a Christmas Tree> > and these are Christmas Trees also> > > These are NOT Holiday Trees> They are not Hanukkah bushes> They are not Allah plants> They are Christmas trees. > > Say it... > CHRISTmas, CHRISTmas, CHRISTmas> > Yes CHRISTmas - not Holiday> We are NOT celebrating the birth of a Holiday!!!> We are> Celebrating the Birth of > Jesus Christ!!!> So I would like to say to each and everyone of you> Have a Very Merry CHRISTMAS> and may GOD BLESS each and every one of you!!!> > Take a stand and pass this on !! > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.15/1835 - Release Date: 12/7/2008 4:56 PM> > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.15/1835 - Release Date: 07/12/2008 4:56 PM> > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.15/1834 - Release Date: 12/6/2008 4:55 PM>