RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: cubicle hell

Rate this topic

Guest guest

,I wish you the best of luck on finding a new job too. And I want to offer some advice to you, just from my own personal experience: Try to find a work environment where you can be in an OPEN ENVIRONMENT where you can MOVE AROUND a lot and NOT BE IN A CUBICLE!Why?Because I believe that us 4S sufferers have some underlying anxiety and control issues too... And I believe that working in a little boxed in cubicle with a cacophony of sounds coming through the walls makes people like us feel on edge and out of control. Seriously, I used to work temp jobs years ago and the "rat in a box" feeling I got from sitting in a cubicle all day, paired with the sounds and the creepy feeling of being in a "box" with partial walls so that you can't see when someone is looking in on your or coming up to you... It

drove me crazy! I literally used to come home and cry at the end of the day.Being laid off might just be a blessing in disguise for you because you might be able to move on to an environment that is less "edgy" with less triggers. I know for one that I would never be able to go back to the cubicle world again. I now work two part time jobs, one as a part time college instructor and another working from home as a report writer. It's better to not feel as trapped.Best of luck to you!Subject: Re: cubicle hellTo: Soundsensitivity Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 6:18 PM

, I'm sorry about your job being cut... this economy is getting

really scary! I pray you will find another job quickly and that this

one will be a great environment for you so that you won't go nuts!

>

> Well, my cubicle hell will end in two weeks. I just got the boot

> today. They are letting a lot of people go here (12% jobs cut)

because

> of the economy. I pray I find another job soon (we just bought a

> house! yikes) but, almost as much, I hope that my next job has real

> walls and real doors in the offices!

>

>

>