RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Greg Blaney, M.D.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Checking with the moderators? Are you kidding? Are they doctors? If you don't understand bacteria or cell wall DEFECIENT bacteria (doesn't mean they have NO cell walls) you're not doing anyone any good with arguments based on a lack of understanding. If you want to make a case, do some serious homework and learn the subject you're trying to argue. And where's the proof about Benicar "potentiating" abx? Show me some, other than your own experience, which I'm not contesting. I'm just refuting the notion that the cause of your symptoms was Benicar potentiating the abx. If this were a real problem, it would be well known and documented. The idea that Benicar could make garlic or low dose abx set off major reaction is far fetched at best. penny royx31

<roysno@...> wrote: a,The penicillin you are taking is a beta-lactam.From the interview: "Now, I also realize that many of the antibiotics used by doctors that follow these recommendations actually foster the growth of L-form bacteria (the beta-lactam antibiotics). " Greg Blaney M.D.TX Lyme Mom and Trevor replied to Penny on the MP web site when she switched to a beta-lactam which was Ceftin, if memory serves. They both explained that it would cause the CWD bacteria to lose their cell walls and would

cause symptomatic improvement without killing the bacteria. I don't expect you to believe me, but I think you should get more expert opinions.I would be extremely hesitant to add Benicar to your other drugs, since it potentiates some antibiotics tremendously, and others are unpredictable. Barb got me curious about virgin coconut oil, and I tried less than 1 teaspoon last summer. It took several days for the extra effects like fatigue and brain fog to wear off, but it was delicious. :-) I reacted very strongly to a couple cloves of garlic after two weeks on the Benicar. I even reacted to onions and cut them out of my diet for a year. I can eat both of those now without any problem. Adding prescription antibiotics seems to me to be playing Russian roulette. The warning to not add other antibiotics to the MP without checking with the moderators is justified.Roy>> Thank you, Roy. > I have great respect for Dr. Blaney. In my case I certainly have not > been able to rule out infection. I just got a statement from an MD > reguarding infection causing increased glutamate due to increased > quinolinic acid causing oxidative stress and excitotoxicity. > Hopefully - whatever is going on in my brain - the high dose of > penicillin VK will fix things along with the Lyrica. My doctor and I > have talked about adding Benicar back in. We shall see. Right now I > am very much an experiment in progress. I did try minocycline and > Zithromax for a few weeks each with no effect at all on the headache > this past 17 months. So, for now, it looks like the penicillin is the > way to go. In any

case it is nice to be able to think for now, and > nice to hear from you.> > a Carnes> > > >> > Greg Blaney, M.D. is interviewed here:> > http://tinyurl.com/2af3sf> > > > What conditions have you seen respond to the MP?> > "I've had people with numerous inflammatory conditions do very > well > > on the MP. I've had patients with arthritis, fibromyalgia, > > cardiovascular disorders, hypertension, Raynaud's syndrome, Chronic > > Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD), chronic headaches and > > migraines, and other diseases respond very well. I've also had > > patients with mental afflictions such as obsessive compulsive > > disorder, anxiety disorders and depression do very well."> > > > "The patients that have the most spectacular initial

responses to > the > > MP are often those with severe headaches."> > > > just FYI,> > Roy> >>