RemedySpot.com

Dr. Glueck, ICH/PTC & Clotting Disorders - ATTN: MATT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Matt, I'm wondering if you ever followed through with Dr. Glueck, the medical director of the Jewish Hospital of Cincinatti? He's an authority on clotting disorders (and he authored the chapter on cholesterol and heart disease in the Merck Geriatric Manual!). I was just at his website and found that he's been doing a free study to investigate the link between Pseudotumor Cerebri (ICH or intracranial hypertension) to clotting disorders (not to mention studies on various other things including heparin therapy for osteonecrosis). You can also read about the PTC study at: http://groups.msn.com/pseudotumorcerebri/yourwebpage3.msnw I'm seeing my doc tomorrow and I'm going to have him order the battery of genetic tests suggested by Dr. Glueck through MDL labs. All

the forms you need for your doc to help you ship your samples off to the lab are on his website. I think that many of us may have low grade ICH as well as thickened blood (hypercoagulation) as a byproduct of our chronic infections. But I also think that we may be more susceptible to entrenched infections in the first place because of these genetic clotting disorders. Glueck says the research shows that 85% of people with osteonecrosis of the hip and jaw have clotting disorders. The reason this is significant, IMO, is because osteonecrosis is caused by a chronic infection of the bone. He also believes that osteonecrosis can be treated & hip replacements prevented if people are tested for the clotting disorders and put on blood thinners early. I know several pwc who've gone on the thinners and have gotten better (including Ken Lassesen over at CFS experimental, who's a proponent of

blood thinners). Dr. Glueck is extremely accessible and helpful. If you're interested in learning more about everything he's done, visit his website at: http://www.jewishhospitalcincinnati.com/cholesterol/index.html A little bio on Dr. Glueck Dr. Glueck is the Medical Director of the Jewish Hospital Cholesterol Center. He has devoted his 30-year career to clinical research and patient care in the prevention of heart attacks and strokes. Dr. Glueck has authored over 500 scientific papers and is an established investigator for the American Heart Association. He authored the chapter on cholesterol and

heart disease in the Merck Geriatric Manual. Dr. Glueck specializes in the practical, achievable, safe and effective ways to prevent heart attack and stroke in older Americans. .